[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is led zeppelin patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (485 KB, 721x1089) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
485 KB, 721x1089
is led zeppelin patrician?
>>
>>63713446
No.
>>
>>63713446
Yes
>>
IN THE DAYS OF MY YOUTH
>>
Nope, Led Zeppelin are as shitty as they come
>>
No but they've got some good stuff. Their best stuff is generally overlooked.
>>
if you like them they aren't but if you don't they are
>>
>>63713834
what do you think is overlooked?
>>
>>63713885
it just seems like everyone loves them for their most mundane work like Black Dog and Rock 'n Roll but songs like the Rain Song - one of the most beautiful songs to come out of rock in my opinion - rarely get attention. Led Zeppelin are strange because they can go from being completely shitty to being amazing in just one song shift. Like with IV, what were those first two songs doing on there? How did the same band that made those songs also do everything that follows? They're just as shitty as they are good, but they get all the praise for their shitty stuff, so they end up being both overrated and underrated simultaneously. Also, I think Houses of the Holy is their best album and one of the best of the 70's while most people say their first four albums were the best.
>>
>>63714001
i agree with this except that i think III is their best album by far. but HOTH and PG are definitely superior to I, II, and IV. and yeah i find their inconsistency frustrating. they reach amazing heights on most of their albums but then you also have to trudge through drivel like the lemon song or you shook me.
>>
they gud
>>
I mean yeah, Led Zeppelin is one of the best rock bands of all time. Such a tight and coherent vibe from all of them. Truly one of the best.

Over The Hills and Far Away, Kashmir, Moby Dick and When the Levee Breaks are masterpieces.
>>
>>63714001
HOTH is pretty much great all the way through...except for maybe the crunge. (more like the cringe amirite lololol)
>>
>>63713446
pleb shit but i like Rain song and a few others
>>
A good rock band with great musicians that was ruined by media hype and dadrock nostalgia.
>>
>>63715087
If other people liking a band makes you not like the band you're a fucking faggot dude. What are you in high school or some shit?
>>
>>63715087
just kill yourself
>>
>>63715087
this tbhfamsmh ikr
>>
>>63714001
Some of their biggest radio staples are indeed some of their worst, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that Led Zeppelin are underrated no matter which way you slice it. Pretty much everyone who's even sort of a fan of Led Zeppelin knows The Rain Song, it's not like their secret best song or anything. As for HotH I've been saying that's their best album for ages.

>Led Zeppelin are strange because they can go from being completely shitty to being amazing in just one song shift.
I'll definitely give you that, they were wildly inconsistent, and not just between albums, but within albums themselves.

>They're just as shitty as they are good
I wouldn't say that exactly. At their worst they weren't awful or anything, they were just boring. You knew they could do better.

>>63714530
Nah, The Crunge is fun as fuck.
>>
>>63715564
In The Light is their secret best song
>>
>>63713446
Depends on which songs/albums you like
there are both extreme pleb and patrician Led Zeppelin fans
>>
File: smugjimmy.jpg (50 KB, 322x472) Image search: [Google]
smugjimmy.jpg
50 KB, 322x472
>>63713446
[spoiler]yes[/spoiler]
>>
yes, they are great.
>>
It depends on how you look at them as a band.
They made some great music, but the fanbase right now is pure shit.
Younger generations also idolize the shit out of them when they were not even the best.
>>
>>63713446
I know patricians who like Led Zeppelin

I know plebs who like Led Zeppelin

The status of the band can never be measured on the pleb/patrician dichotomy, because they have gone from being artists into becoming commodities. They themselves are no longer "patricians" or "plebs", because the term "Led Zeppelin" means so much more than the individual members themselves, or any collective group-mind that they could have manifested while still together.

The essence of the consumer defines the essence of the commodity. Listen to them yourselves and define this commodity by your God given right as a consumer. To do anything less would be a crime against yourself.
>>
>>63716335
they will always be the greatest band of the seventies and you know it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.