[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jay z is suing the previous owners of tidal claiming that th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Jay z is suing the previous owners of tidal claiming that they gave misleading figures as to the amount of subscribers to the service.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/31/jay-z-tidal-owners-schibsted-verdane

So he made a dumb move, didn't do his research and bought a dud business.

Is this jay z tacitly admitting tidal is fucked?

How can he blame others for his inadequacies?

Why can't he be a man and just take it on the chin?

If he was a bit humble he could learn something from this experience
>>
>>63710796
>So he made a dumb move, didn't do his research and bought a dud business.

There's a difference between not doing research and being flat out lied to.

Regardless isn't he in talks with Samsung to sell it and make a fortune off of that?
>>
maybe he'll file a Z-AND-DESIST HEYYYYYY

every day i welcome death
>>
>>63710796
Probably because they lied to him? He has every right to sue them over this. I don't see the problem here at all.

>someone misrepresents a product
>you buy it
>you realize that you were lied to about what you purchased
>you sue them for misrepresenting what you purchased

It makes perfect sense. If you had went into a McDonald's, ordered a big mac, paid the price of the big mac, but you received a single cheeseburger, would you be pissed off and bringing your receipt back with the burger and asking for your big mac? I would
>>
>>63710796
Dumbass OP
>>
That press conference has got to be the cringiest moment of 2015. I don't care of he was lied to, I hope his case is dismissed and he loses money.
>>
>>63710844
How could he sell it for a profit.... especially if tidal loses jay z as a figure head.
>>
>>63711080
>. I don't care of he was lied to, I hope his case is dismissed and he loses money.

Its a good thing your spite is irrelevant to law.
>>
>>63711171
Does that not go without saying? It's a fucking music forum for opinions, if it hasn't occurred to you. Or did you actually BUY a Tidal subscription?

captcha: justice pine
>>
this is truly pathetic

why is music not enough for these people?

at least kanye put in a lot more personal work

people need to stop worshiping steve jobs and elon musk
>>
This whole tidal fiasco has seriously made me question jay's business acumen.

It was a fucked venture from the start... I imagine he's surrounded by 'yes men' who not only failed to tell jay that the tidal concept was trash, but also didn't verify that the figures they were being given were kosher
>>
>>63711284
>people need to stop worshiping steve jobs and elon musk
i kinda understand why you would say that about jobs but whats wrong with musk? seems like a really fucking talented and good guy
>>
>>63711297
NAH FÄM JAY JAY IS THE KING GOAT IN THE BOOTH GOAT IN THE BOARD ROOM AND GOAT FUCKING YONCĚ IN THE ASS

I hope he loses. Fucking sicko.
>>
>>63711210
>Buying a subscription to a music service

Ayy lmao why on Earth would I pay money for non physical music

I just like pointing out people's unnecessary bitterness towards those who have zero impact on their lives. It gets me off.
>>
Jay is a gangsta. He grew up in the Marcy projects. He sold drugs and killed people. You don't do an OG like that.
>>
>>63711412
>zero impact on their lives
Music is pretty important to me and I'd like to see the invigoration of a substantial music industry in my lifetime.

We're not gonna get it with snake oil swindlers and fuckwits continuing to put up money for the streaming meme.

I'll say it again; I hope he fucking loses.
>>
>>63711341
he's overrated

but the real problem is how everyone wants to be him
>>
>>63711476
I don't get whats wrong with wanting to be like Elon Musk. He's a pretty successful, smart guy who is putting his wealth towards progressing humanity.

He has a lot of nut huggers sure but what exactly is wrong with striving towards those qualities?
>>
>>63711522
He's a cuck
>>
>>63711839
He just loves his wife so he's giving her a treat. Let her live a little.
>>
>>63711522
last reply on this topic.

because success like that is very rare and based on his particular circumstances. in other words he got lucky. you're reading his autobiography because you think it's a guidebook to success. as if that will ever exist.

also the pathological obsession of wanting to be like him. wanting to be rich and powerful but also benevolent in some way. that pathetic fantasy. it's a fucking sickness.

if musk isn't completely corrupted it's because he got lucky but all his followers are already beyond redemption.
>>
>>63711995
>wanting to be rich and powerful but also benevolent in some way. that pathetic fantasy
I guess people should just go back to wanting to be rich, selfish, egoistic and greedy instead

I kinda get what you mean but to say it's bad that people wanna be successful while remaining good people sounds kinda fucked if you ask me
>>
>>63712134
i'm saying in either case it's fueled by ego

musk obviously isn't the worst of his kind but he's just an example of what people who have this kind of desire look to

it's why someone like jay-z cannot be happy with his huge success and influence
>>
So has jay z ever given anything back to the streets.

Not trying to be an asshole... Just curious.
>>
>>63712401
He gave them the hot beats to bump in their whip
>>
>>63712322
>>63711995
I like your rationale, anon. I get what you're saying.
>>
>>63712401
When asked for comment on this after harry belafonte expressed dissatisfaction with the lack of charitable work of hip hop moguls like jay z, and their a-political stance.... Jay z responded that his presence was charity.... His presence gives poor people hope just like obama does.
>>
>>63712401
>During his retirement, Jay Z also became involved in philanthropic activity. In 2003, Jay Z, together with his mother, founded The Shawn Carter Foundation, which has assisted eligible students facing socio-economic hardships through college.[170] On August 9, 2006, he met with United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan at the organization's headquarters in New York City. The rapper pledged to use his upcoming world tour to raise awareness of and combat global water shortage. Already on the look-out for a way to, in his own words, "become helpful", he had been made aware of this issue during a visit to Africa by Bono from the rock group U2.[171] The effort took place in partnership with the UN,[172] as well as MTV, which produced a documentary entitled Diary of Jay Z: Water for Life, first airing in November 2006.[173] Along with Sean "Diddy" Combs, Jay Z pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross' relief effort after Hurricane Katrina.[174] Jay Z stated his support for Kanye West after the latter's outburst against President Bush during a live Katrina charity telethon.[175] He also addressed the issue of the Katrina disaster, and the government's response, in his one verse song "Minority Report".[176]
Jay Z has previously stated in a song that "the greatest form of giving is anonymous to anonymous" and, in 2013, it was revealed by author dream hampton, who co-wrote Jay Z's book Decoded, that he quietly established a trust fund for Sean Bell's children.[1
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.