[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Brit Indie so shit these days? How can people unironically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: mccann-van-image.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mccann-van-image.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Why is Brit Indie so shit these days? How can people unironically like dross like Catfish and the Bottlemen, Peace, The 1975, Circa Waves, Wolf Alice and Swim Deep?

At least bands from ten years ago like Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park had an element of fun and catchyness about them. This lot is just tuneless miserable shite.
>>
>>63709784
Because they try to emulate American indie which was its own thing.

Just how the Arctic Monkeys guy heard QOTSA for the first time and tried to use it.
>>
>>63709956
They try to emulate Foals and Vampire Weekend and end up sounding so dull.
>>
Just listened to a bit of The Bottlemen, what shite.
>>
>>63710008
foals are english
>>
Someone is reading NME too much
And that someone is you OP
>>
>>63710048
LADS

Only British bands worth getting even remotely excited about right now are Royal Blood and alt-J.
>>
>>63709784
It's always been shit since the late 90s honestly

Britain used to be the best at comedy, rock, and television

Now the United States is the best at all of these artforms. The US used to be simply the most popular anglophone culture, but now it's also the superior

Feels kind of sad, like beating your dad at sports when he gets too old
>>
>>63709784
I like some of Wolf Alice's songs. Their KEXP performance was good.
>>
>>63710067
This
I want to say libertines too but the new album wasn't too great
>>
I like Veronica Falls. Are they still doing stuff?
>>
File: letswrestle.jpg (204 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
letswrestle.jpg
204 KB, 700x700
Lets Wrestle are ok
>>
>>63709784
are those even real bands OP?

all the names you listed sound made up
>>
>>63710625
they might as well be made up as they've contributed nothing to anything
>>
NME Of all magazines Panned the shit out of Catfish and the Bottlemen when they were first breaking out:
http://www.nme.com/reviews/various-artists/15657
>>
>>63711620
>McCann and his band sound ham-fisted and about nine years too late.
>>
>>63711539

he said, listening to lil b
>>
>>63709784
Love Me is an alright song except for the lyrics
>>
>>63711620
>>63711638
File not found, I literally just viewed it
????
>>
>>63710008
I have yet to hear a band copying vampire weekend tbqh
>>
>>63709784
>Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park
All these are total shit except first Maximo Park

Franz Ferdinand, Brirtish Sea Power, The Coral, Foals and Editors are the only decent indie rock bands in the UK
>>
>>63711705
Bloc party and Doves too desu
>>
File: 1458769305390.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458769305390.png
8 KB, 400x400
>>63710104
>american comedy
>>
https://gorgeousbully.bandcamp.com/

look a little harder for stuff
>>
How about Everything Everything and The Horrors? Not big on indie but I like those two
>>
>>63711620
ill be voting for you next election
thanks for that article jez but it didnt load
>>
best brit indie band right now is django django
>>
everything everything or they not count?
>>
>>63711746
>>63711830
not sure about OP but EE are way too dancey for me and the vocals are kinda meh
>>
>>63711652
tell the based god don't quit his day job
>>
>>63710067
>Royal Blood
Nothing special mate. Its been done before, too often and much better.

You need Arcane Roots lad
>>
>>63710008
I know this hipster guy whose slew of unsuccessful band is whatever is popular with NME.

>first band is Arctice Monkeys rip off
>second band is Foals rip off
>current band is My Bloody Valentine / nu-gaze band

Its quite sad to think that a probably competent musician cannot function without taking influence too seriously.
>>
>>63709784
>how could anyone like any music other than the bands I like!! its like they have an opinion or something
>>
>>63712332
This man understands. I've been to see Arcane Roots like three times now. They're even better live than in the studio. Dunno how I feel about their latest EP, though, the tracks sound great live but the production adds too much of a poppy glaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_hPO-qdbw

>>63711746
EE are pretty good. Some of the breakdowns in their latest album gave me Infinity Land-era Biffy Clyro vibes. Oh, actually, that said, Biffy are top tier lads, though their earlier stuff is better.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.