[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you describe each regions style in Hip Hop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: mapregions.png (76 KB, 715x481) Image search: [Google]
mapregions.png
76 KB, 715x481
How would you describe each regions style in Hip Hop?
>>
>>63709693
>Northeast
we rich and famous we got this money gangsta $hit bang bang
>Midwest
bang bang murkin niggas errday it's getting hot in herre so take off all your clothes
>South
YOOOOOOO!!!!
SOULJA BOY TELL'EM
>West Coast
MAN DOWN, WHERE YOUFROM?
NIGGA
>>
shit
>>
>>63709693
>West coast
Fuck the police
>midwest
Fuck the police
>northeast
Fuck the police
>south
Fuck the police
>>
>>63709775
>West Coast
>not YOU NIGGAS BOO BOO!!
shit description
>>
>>63709693
South Florida hip-hop is very different from southern hip-hop.
>>
>West
Gangsta shit

>East
"Life is hard" shit

>South
Devil shit
Crunk shit
>>
File: image.png (420 KB, 880x590) Image search: [Google]
image.png
420 KB, 880x590
Rïps to my nigger Large Littles
>>
>>63709826
DALE!
>>
>>63709693
You really can't split the south up like that. Its very diverse from state to state but yea a good reference is >>63709833

Add in some chopped and screwed shit and incoherent mumbling drug rappers and that's pretty much got it covered I guess
>>
In 1 word:

God
Guns
Weed
Feedback

Can you guess which one is which?
>>
>>63709863
Yeah, there was another pic that had the south split up into two separate regions, but this one just looked nicer so i went with it
>>
>>63709869
>God
literally all of them
>Guns
literally all of them
>weed
literally all of them
>feedback
This one I'm not sure... but I think Northeast
>>
>West Coast
Funk influenced, lots of synth and basslines, the "gangsta rap" stereotype, feelgood party music

>East coast
Jazz influenced, piano driven beats, low bass and drums, huge focus on lyrics

>Midwest
Eminem and Kanye

>South
Autotune, clappy hand beats and DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>63709869
God - Midwest
Guns - West
Weed - South
Feedback - North East(?)
>>
>>63709890
How do people only associate south with WEED LMAO yet even MF DOOM has a fucking weed ballad.

Aquemini can be perfectly described as "Jazz influenced, piano driven beats, low bass and drums, huge focus on lyrics" and yet the era of south will always be remembered as YOOOO SOULJA BOY because you are too pleb to know good music exists in all mediums
>>
>>63709974
I like you... You're right.
>>
>>63709905
Yeh
>>
>>63709693
I think at least these days its
>south
dominated by Atlanta. It sounds kind of dark and imposing with heavy production and autotune. Think the styles of Future, Young thug, Travi$ scott, and even ILOVEMAKKONEN. imho it is the most influential region at the moment but that is subject to change
>midwest
Drill and gangster shit. I think it shares a lot of stylistic aspects with the south though with less production and lyrics more focused on gangster shit. Cheif keef said himself even that Atlanta is "basically chicago"
>northeast
I think A$AP Rocky and Action Bronson define the region's stye these days, so I see it as kind of slower with less autotune and less heavy heavy production than the south.
I can't speak much on the west coast but these are my opinions at the moment.
>>
>north east
I can rock a house party at the drop of a hat
>west
I've got the fever
>Midwest
mom I've kept a razor under my tongue
>south
never fall in love cuz a bitch is a bitch
>>
>>63710225
Thank you for the input! This is actually what I was looking for in terms of answers.
>>
File: 1459399629061.png (720 KB, 942x1054) Image search: [Google]
1459399629061.png
720 KB, 942x1054
>>63709856

That image is hilarious.
>>
/r/ that map where each state has an artist album cover representing the state the were born
>>
>>63709693
Just FYI Texas is not the south.

It's Texas
>>
>>63709693
I feel like you have to break it up further, Northeast is sorta split between NYC and Toronto, South has both Atlanta and Houston with their own sounds, Chicago has its own thing going on compared to the rest of the Midwest
>>
>>63709693
>West
Moog Voyager

>South
Super Saw

>Northeast
Parallel Compression

>Midwest
Gun shot samples
>>
>>63710378
are you from Texas?
>>
>East
Winter

>West
Spring

>South
Summer

>Midwest
Fall
>>
>Northeast
Shit
>Midwest
Shit
>South
Shit
>West Coast
>>63709801
>>
>>63709693
it's all bad
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.