[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: gogogo.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gogogo.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Things you can't say anywhere else on /mu/ in fear of being crucified
>>
I like listening to music.
>>
>>63705047
>1996+20
>listening to music
>not listening to hte proge
Wow fucking gay
>>
I like Arctic Monkeys unironically. Humbug is great. AM is shit tho.
>>
>>63705057
i agree 100%
>>
I listen to muse a lot.
>>
>>63705070
Funny thing, so do I!
>>
>>63705070
which album though
>>
>>63705089
All of them
>>
>>63705089
Drones is the best album Muse has ever put out.
>>
>>63705097
?????????????????????? do you mean it's your favourite or that it's the b e s t
>>
I want Chester Bennington and David Draiman to do a version of this song together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-zSsw0LQMw
>>
>>63705116
The best, objectively.
>>
>>63705129
the structural and instrumental complexity/cohesiveness (what makes muse interesting) of origin of symmetry makes it the best (absolution to a lesser extent)

imo drones has very little to offer in that area, and is hindered by bad lyrics (which really stand out) and lazy/uninspired song writing
overall it just gives a really underwhelming impression
it's like they stopped making great music and started trying to make great music.
>>
The Open Door is a decent album and Fallen is one of Evanescence's worst. I guess it's better than the S/T but their pre-Fallen material generally shits on it as well.
>>
File: image.png (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125 KB, 640x1136
>being this autistic that you reply to yourself without removing your name
>>
>>63705207
But Drones criticizes the societal hierarchy of authoritative figures and their manipulation of their subjects. It's an intelligent and subtle criticism that is unparalleled in the modern age. In addition, the music more than accompanies this disapproval of society. The heavy riffage in 'Psycho' and guitar work in 'The Handler' is symbolic for the menacing, controlling government and the dominance it holds over it's citizens. 'Mercy' is metaphoric for the helplessness these citizens show and their lack of resistance towards their control. Drones, as a whole, is Muse's magnum opus and is an underrated gem that can only be truly appreciated on multiple listens. It took me about 55 listens before I fully understood the album, as it is so deep and meaningful.
>>
>>63705259
>being autistic enough to not realize we're two different people both impersonating a salty muse fan from another thread
>>
>>63705259
I was the first one, not the second
>>
>>63705286
And I was the second.
>>
>>63705245
I'm not really a fan of death metal
>>
/mu/ is easily the worst board on the whole of 4chan, and basically all who post on it are tasteless, mindless, underage tryhard kids who only say they like something because others say so, yet proceed to hate on everyone else that does the exact same thing because they can, since nobody will realize they're being major hypocrites, not only towards the artists or bands they claim to enjoy, but to themselves as human beings as well, due to their anonimity.

You are a disgrace, and an embarrassment to normal people, and I would strongly recommend you go outside more. Perhaps talk to your classmates once or twice, so that you can at least try to build some kind of rapport for one time in your miserable lives with someone face to face. You still will not have accomplished much, but maybe you will stop flooding anonymous forums with your immature stupidity.

I'm not replying to any of you, since it will simply be a waste of both your, and my time. I already did more tan I should have.

Farewell, /mu/tants (ha, at least the nickname you gave yourselves really does fit you all).
>>
Vampire Weekend is actually a very good band
>>
File: 1456196321460.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1456196321460.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>63705010
Talk Talk was better when they were a fun band Color of Spring was the best mixture of pop and musical sensibility. Everything after that feels like they thought they were better than they were.
>>
The following artists are pure trash:
LCD Soundsystem
Gorillaz
Weezer
Blur
>>
Bjork is overrated.
>>
Currents is the best thing Kevin has done and some of the best pop in recent memory.

Young Thug is straight up bad.

Yeezus is 10/10 album starting with New Slaves, first three tracks drag it down hard.

Modern Lo-fi is a shitty joke.
>>
/mu/ is full of music snobs and the only music they think is good is actually pretty trashy
>>
File: joannanewsom-haveoneme.jpg (1003 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
joannanewsom-haveoneme.jpg
1003 KB, 1500x1500
Greatest lyricist in the history of published music.
>>
I like Metalcore
>>
>>63705010
while kpop is great pop music in general has no redeeming qualities
>>
New In Flames is just as good, if not better than old In Flame and they have a genuine knack for melodic song writing
>>
>>63705070
same! wow what are the odds?
>>
Taylor Swift is very talented and makes mint music
>>
Skrillex is a pretty good musician
>>
>>63705282
wow, meta
>>
>>63705010
I go on reddit :)
>>
>>63705070
Kek
>>
Steven Wilson is the best artist of the last 25 years

>>63707241
Dark Tranquillity are still miles above them
>>
This board sucks
>>
Periphery is a good band

>>63708102
>unpopular
>>
File: hopsin.png (849 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
hopsin.png
849 KB, 1200x675
Hopsin is my favorite rapper.
>>
>>63705010
Breaking Benjamin is fucking phenomenal
>>
>>63706871
amen anon
>>
>>63708351
Agreed, anon
>>
>>63708277
pleb
>>
>>63708195
>Periphery is a good band

Thank you
>>
>>63705010
Weezer sucks
>>
>>63706138
i agree with this.
First two albums are great imo, didn't care much for the third one.
>>
File: ppm30.jpg (306 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ppm30.jpg
306 KB, 500x500
Something in the way is one of the best tracks ever released
>>
Beastie Boys are still the best thing to ever come out of hip hop.
>>
>>63706820
c'mon man, not like that

On sight is a great intro
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.