[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TROUT MASK REPLICA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fishfaggot.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fishfaggot.png
159 KB, 300x300
HOLY FUCK IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW. ALL YOU DO IS GET DRUNK AND FOCUS ON THE GUITAR
>>
trying taking three buttons of peyote up the ass and then focus on the drums, you'll see how little you understand, but you will also learn.
>>
>>63703607
thank you esquire
>>
File: 1459215504095.jpg (53 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
1459215504095.jpg
53 KB, 907x718
>>63703898
>thank you esquire
how could you faggits possibly hate this album?! its genius
>>
all you do is take fifteen benzos and sleep through the whole thing
>>
>>63703920
I KNOW ITS GREAT IDIOT! WHY THE FUCK WOULD I MAKE THIS THREAD
>>
>>63703558
the people who appreciate captain beefheart on this board are now the minority

the majority make the same shit thread everyday about how they dont get it and think its shit and use the term "objectively"
>>
just listen to a diff instrument every time you play it. Its just like psych blues jamming once you get past that and its pretty dope.
>>
I got into this album when I was super deppresed last year. I was thinking about killing myself lying in my bed naked listening to this. I was only feeling sadness when I felt the touch of a madman, a genius a fishman inviting me to dance along with him. I fell in love with him and we danced our sadness away. That's how I got into this album.
>>
>>63703558
>just do drugs to understand it!

Not necessary. It took me two listens to get into the grooves, by the third it became one of my favorites.

That being said, listening to it on LSD is something else entirely. Would recommend.
>>
>>63703558
what's the point of trying so hard to get into an album ?
>>
>>63706104
bigger payoff
>>
>>63704014
More like the majority can probably respect this album but it has been forced by multiple daily threads. Any criticism towards TMR was met with "you just don't get it."

Like, I enjoy the album as much as I'm going to, which is more than a lot of other albums, but it feels to me at least like this was one of the few albums /mu/ would not let anyone criticize for a long time.

Now the Melon review leaked so everyone is okay with shitting on it now. Which I don't think is going to form a progressive discussion on it, much in the same way that lauding it as the one perfect experimental/avant-garde record isn't either.

TL;DR: Years of riding this album's dick has some /mu/tants a little bitter
>>
MOONLIGHT ON VERMONT
>>
>>63706104
It's a steep learning curve, but it's an amazing work of art.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.