[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music in 100 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: future.jpg (91 KB, 690x414) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
91 KB, 690x414
What genres will prevail?

Can you even imagine what kind of music could show up?

Speculate.
>>
guitar music wont exist
>>
>>63702703
Thank fuck
>>
Vaporwave will be seen as a serious thing.
>>
>>63702705
Guitar music isn't that bad. You just have to do it right.
>>
>>63702705
i also speculate music wont be played through speakers/headphones, rather there will be some kind of technology implanted in our heads that messes with our electrochemical signals that makes us hear music, and will also do a whole bunch of other stuff
screencap this
>>
>>63702703
>>63702705
I've noticed a real hatred for guitars on here. What about drums, guys? I was at a show last night and I was thinking I could probably live without tiara actually but a human being playing a drum kit actually seems pretty important to me. Drum machines are really what makes music feel dead to me.
>>
>>63702755
It's a meme you dip
>>
Vaporwave will be completely forgotten.
>>
>>63702755
everything has been done with it, its a dead medium
technology is the future face it, it still has human input so i dont see how you can say it makes it feel unlife like
>>
all music will end in 2037 when nuclear war devastates the entire earth

bookmark me : ^ )
>>
I don't see how anyone could answer this question. Nobody in 1916 would have been able to imagine Waka Flocka Flame
>>
>>63702747
I'm not going to screencap shit, do it yourself.

Also, I have been dreaming about inventing that for years. Something that makes the music sound like there is a speaker somewhere close, you can still hear everything around, but no one else can hear the music you listen to. Maybe something with vibrating bones?
>>
>>63702774
No he has a point drum machine are always off they don't sound right I honestly can't describe it properly besides they just sounds to perfect.
>>
>>63702774
Because the squish isn't there. Nobody can play the drums or the guitar PERFECTLY in time. They can't be as spontaneous and while I'm sure they can be as varied and creative (I can't think of why they wouldn't be able to do so) I don't really hear. I've never seen or heard a DJ/producer do anything as cool as a really good guitar solo or four beat drum fill.
>>
Mozart.
>>
>>63702653
Music already ended in '10 when the Beaver released his first album lol amiright
>>
>>63702827
Drum machines don't sound off and you can't describe it because you know you're full of shit.
>>
>>63702827
>>63702755
It's all in the microtiming and dynamics of a drum kit.
With a drum machine everything is perfect, like literally perfect. But no matter how tight a drummer is, there WILL be microtiming/deviations within a groove on the hi hat. So they'll be playing 16th/8th notes on the hats and the 1's and 2s will be on point (or as humanly close as they can get them) but the notes in between will be off by fractions of seconds due to their technique (the Moeller technique usually, it's based on controlling the bounce of the sticks).
Also drum machines sometimes use the same or three sounds for the different dynamics, despite the fact that drum heads/cymbals sound COMPLETELY different with every stroke at every single possible dynamic a drummer could use.
>>
>>63702906
"I'm too lazy to get off Reddit and find music I'll like."
>>
>>63702790
not soon enough
>>
>>63702922
yeah well. if i could cause a nuclear war overnight i would, just for u bb. :^)
>>
>>63702896
could be real??
>>
>>63702836
people will honestly lose favour for things like that as technology becomes more prominent in society, much like i think live performance being the dominant consumption of music fell out of favour when records and the like came in, having a live orhcestra.band of people became inconvenient, and i think acoustic instruments will aswell much in the same way
why have a drum kit that replicates the same sound over and over, when you can have a computer that can produce an infinte array of sounds, they may not die completely but i can see them becoming quite irrelevant, little things like the lifelessness of a computer will be overlooked
>>
>>63702911
man why do you think drum machines have swing/groove options? You cannot replicate the feel, the groove of a great human drummer. Perfectly quantized drums aren't always what you want
>>
>>63703318
Those options are still calculated though.
Setting drum machines to swing actually sounds worse tbqh.
>>
>>63703318
more of this mentality towards musicians on this board would be nice
>>
>>63702790
apes will reinvent rock music desu
>>
>>63702755
I don't think human drummers will disappear, but the modern acoustic drumkit will.
>>
i think that pop songs will all be some variation of white noise with samples of people fucking and moaning
>>
>>63703372
>sounds worse
>every song ever is the same
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
>>63702653
I speculate that vaporwave, future funk, and most unmainstream/ underground electronic music and maybe some mainstream shit too
>>
>>63702774
yes you're absolutely right, that's why no one has been using the piano for atleast a century and vocals LMAO talk about 17th century right
>>
>>63702653
100 years is absolutely impossible to speculate, because lets be honest, in 10 years its nearly impossible to speculate what we'll be listening to. All I can say with certainty is that'll probably be total shit.
>>
>>63702813
>>63702747
Can you imagine for the people who work really menial jobs but aren't allowed to use headphones at work or have to listen to the shitty music played over the speakers?

Would literally be the best invention, I would be the first in line for a blue tooth music implant in my brain that just plays inside my head.
>>
>>63706590
it wont even be bluetooth m8, it will be operated directly by your thoughts, there will also be stuff like a display in your eye, analyser of what you eat etc
>>
>>63706638
> tfw cyberpunk really will be the future

i shed a tear.
>>
Vaporwave will evolve, but it will cater to the collective memory of later generations. Minecraft references will probably be abundant given how impactful that game has been for millennials.

Electronic music will be the hottest thing for the remainder of the technological era. Analog synthesizers / tape-recording methods will become extinct (more than they already are), and DAWs will be the only thing left. This has pretty much already happened but some are still holding onto the glory days of 90s-00s IDM production techniques.

Hip-hop is dead. Hip-pop and rap have integrated and divided the best parts of hip-hop among themselves, aside from the lyricism. Straight in the trash it goes.

Country will die. Folk won't die completely but it will be appropriated as solely "indie" and radio top 40 folk pop.

Lack of funding and general public disinterest in symphonic music may mean an end for city orchestras. Modern classical will be spearheaded by only the most talented and hard-working arrangers. Or it could become a popularity contest. My main point is people will stop funding string and horn/woodwind ensembles, which will lead to their minimization.

I feel that guitar music will persist, given how agreeable the electric guitar is to most people. It will take a hard dip in quality though. Rock will die.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.