[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We judge eachothers music taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
Ill start

Mastodon
Nekrogoblikon
Amon amarth
Baroness
Between the buried and me
Annihilator
Evile
Exodus
Gama bomb
Havok
Megadeth
Ozzy osbourne
Revocation
Skeletonwitch
Suicidal angels
Tool

Pic related
>>
>>63702412
Complete shit. My complete and honest, Can't even explain why.
>>
Op here, almost forgot country and folk are not allowed

Sry im not into shit
>>
Stevie Nicks
Fleetwood Mac
Lady Gaga
Doves
Pink Floyd
Nick Drake
Cher
Madonna
Bob Dylan
Porcupine Tree
Céline Dion
f(x)
Kylie Minogue
Chroma Key
Heart

>>63702412
Ozzy's good, not heard the rest
>>
>>63702461
Porcupine tree is great
>>
>>63702461
What the fuck are you even doing here?
>>
>>63702412
What you should be listening to instead of Skeletonwitch and Revocation:

Vektor
Absu
Destroyer 666
Arckanum
Nifelheim
>>
>>63702534
I like the first 3 but i will always love revocation and skeletonwitch
>>
>>63702412
Babby's first meal
>>63702461
b8
>>63702534
These are some nice bands
>>
>>63702609
Right on. I sounded a little more confrontational than I meant too I've just ran into too many people who haven't listened to any black/thrash beyond Skeletonwitch.
>>
>>63702412

19-23 yr old loser with a shitty job and no future outlook. potentially overweight or too skinny. wants to learn an instrument but plays too many videogames. 4 year old reddit account with 4k comment karma. bernie bot.
>>
>>63702534
ARCKANUM MY HERO
>>
>>63702656
Right about the shitty job but wrong about everything else
>>
>>63702657
blowing raspberries (ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ) is definitely one of the better modern black metal albums
>>
>>63702412
like half of it is 10/10
the other half is a strong 5
>>
>>63702534
Revocation is mad though
>>
>>63702721
Revocation has some really heavy shit. Also decrepit birth is good shit
>>
Fuck can we just do like a who im digging now thread

For me
Napalm death
Ken mode
Radiohead
>>
>>63702461
hi popanon
>>
Top 5 bands

Beastie Boys
Can
Dead Kennedys
King Crimson
Sonic Youth
>>
Op here,

Out of those bands i mainly listen to revocation, mastodon, gama bomb, and megadeth lately but my taste changes, sometimes im into blues and sometimes im into black metal
>>
lately i been listening to a lot of;

Unknown Mortal Orchestra
St Vincent
Grimes (though mostly just Realiti and David)
The Strokes
Ratatat's new album
Metronomy
some upbeat Lana Del Rey jams
Kali Uchis (i was skeptical but her EP is good)
Spiritualized
Last Dinosaurs
Future Islands
Everything Everything
and DG's The Money Store

yeah pretty much, im always on the look out for new artists to listen to so pls rec :^)
>>
>>63702783
Yea i love finding new artists, i will definitly check those bands out as i add their names to my notes to view later
>>
Steely Dan
Paul Simon
Pink Floyd
Taylor Swift
Big Star
King Crimson
Dire Straits
Talk Talk
>>
>>63702820
thanks ma friend
have some ice tea as a thank you
>>
The Beatles
Leadbelly
Leonard Cohen
Bob Dylan
David Bowie
Memphis Jub Band
CCR
John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett
The Kinks
The Velvet Underground
The Clash
Neil Young
Frank Zappa
Ray Charles
Funkadelic
>>63702777 7/10
>>63702846 6/10
>>63702461 6/10
>>
Uh, how many are we supposed to post? Guess I'll just run through my library.

Amon Düül II, Bathory, Björk, Black Sabbath, Boris, Burzum, Can, GY!BE, His Hero Is Gone, Kraftwerk, Masudore, Midori, Nick Drake, The Residents, Slint, Swans, Team Dresch, tricot

>>63702412
Most of those bands are pretty mediocre. Have you tried listening to more metal? Honest question, not b8.

>>63702846
>>63703173
dadrock/10
>>
>>63703388
It looks like you have a healthy interest in different genres of music so keep at it. There of different levels of interest in music. In the first tier you have people who don't have a major interest and only listen to stuff they'll hear on the radio or in movies and shit. Nothing wrong with that it's just not one of their hobbies. The people that are the worst are in the next tier. These are the people who get one step below mainstream and then believe that they are the arbiters of good taste. This is where most of the people who post here fall and they'll never truly expand their taste because they don't want to put the work in to listen to music that doesn't immediately sound pleasant to them god damn i've been awake too long i don't even know where i'm going with this
>>
>>63703461
>been awake too long
Same. I just come here to shitpost at night

The people who get me are the ones who say selling the most records makes an artist the best. Not many of them on here, but I run into them in real life. Like my dad actually tried to convince me Eminem was the best rapper
>>
Brian Eno
Brian Eno
Brian Eno
Brian Eno
Brian Eno
Brian Eno
>>
>>63703560
10/10 desu
>>
>>63703560
Not bad, 8/10.
>>
>>63703560
This is the best list ITT
>>
>>63703560
It looks like you have a healthy interest in different genres of music so keep at it. There of different levels of interest in music. In the first tier you have people who don't have a major interest and only listen to stuff they'll hear on the radio or in movies and shit. Nothing wrong with that it's just not one of their hobbies. The people that are the worst are in the next tier. These are the people who get one step below mainstream and then believe that they are the arbiters of good taste. This is where most of the people who post here fall and they'll never truly expand their taste because they don't want to put the work in to listen to music that doesn't immediately sound pleasant to them god damn i've been awake too long i don't even know where i'm going with this.
>>
>>63703649
>>63703619
>>63703577
>>63703576
thanks guys i'm doing my best
>>
>>63703560
Brian Eno
Briambient Eno
Brian EnorD
Briambient enorD
Ambient enorD
Ambient Drone

his best stuff
>>
>>63703756
don't forget BriAn "NegGro BlowtorcH" ENo
>>
Enigma
Sting
Norah Jones
Soundgarden
Pearl jam
Gorillaz
>>
>>63703388
Op here,

Check'd

I listen to lots of metal just those are on me phone and mastodon is my alltime favorite band that will not change but im always looking for more bands to listen to
>>
Unwound
Neil Young
Red House Painters
Deftones
Slint

>>63702777
>>63703173
Pretty nice.
>>
>>63703856
>mastodon is my alltime favorite band that will not change

This is pretty unlikely. Why would you even want to be in this absolute mindset? It's fine if you love Mastodon and think you always will but thinking like that is going to make it more difficult for you to appreciate new things.
>>
>>63703995
You may be tight but i have loved mastodon for a while now and still found more bands that i really really like but i see where you are coming from
>>
>>63704501
Fuck i meant right not tight, but you might be tight also, idk
>>
Twenty One Pilots
Halsey
Grimes
Sleeping With Sirens
Bring Me the Horizon
The Doors
The cranberries
>>
>>63704547
Come on man this b8 is too obvious
>>
>>63704508

I just got a funny image in my head of you going through a cycle of deep denial drug addiction and depression because you found a band you like more than Mastodon and refuse to accept it.
>>
>>63704585
There's a lil' somethin' for everyone to hate!
>>
>>63702461

I must admit I don't like half of the list, but I'm proud enough for Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Céline Dion, Heart and mainly of all, Pink Floyd.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.