[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these guys currently and forever shall be the best nu-metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Deftones_-_Around_the_Fur.jpg (22 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
Deftones_-_Around_the_Fur.jpg
22 KB, 300x291
Why are these guys currently and forever shall be the best nu-metal band in history?
>>
>>63702274
>best nu-metal band in history

what an achievement
>>
>>63702274
Because they have diverse influences and made honest music that wasn't jumping on the bandwagon. Also because Chino is one of the greatest frontmen of the 90s/2000's era.
>>
the peak of shit mountain
>>
You're setting the bar pretty low.
>>
File: WelllitCarefulCatbird.webm (909 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
WelllitCarefulCatbird.webm
909 KB, 640x352
They're from Sacramento. Why does everything great come from Sacramento
>>
S.O.A.D. is better.
>>
>>63703720
Demarcus Cousins puts up hollow numbers. You'll never win with him as your main guy.
>>
>>63703722
System of a Down used to be my favorite band. They're so fedora though. And their last albums weren't good with Green Day wannabe song Lonely Day and Cigaro. And Serj is such a fedora and that fag Daron with the bitch voice and the weak ass guitar riffs. It's been a long time since I listened to System of a Down.
>>
>>63702274
Well, the cover evokes the feeling of getting my dick sucked, so that might have something to do with it...
>>
>>63703853
It's been a long time since I listened to any nu metal band.
>>
theyre just a generally good band that flirted with nu metal for two albums because they were signed to a big label and it was new at the time. by the time linkin park came out they had already disowned nu metal and made white pony. its like saying david bowie was funk or glam when thats just a fraction of what he did.
>>
Being a teenager and listening to White Pony was a special feeling. The teen angst and loneliness and restlessness made it the perfect album for a teenager growing up in the 2000's.
>>
>>63703722

get the fuck out of here with that shit.
>>
>>63702274
Because they were actually a great alternative metal band that happened to emerge while nu metal was a thing.
>>
They're pretty neat

I always liked their album art and the digital feeling/aesthetics involved, also crossed over into a bit of their music too

>you'll never be a young teen riding your BMX in the late 90s-early 2000's before everything which is popular now became a thing

pretty much my go to nostalgic feel, 10 / 10, will feel again from time to time
>>
>>63702274
Deftones are not nu-metal. Jesus Christ. MAYBE their first two albums. But theyre not even close to nu-metal

>inb4 triggered
>>
>>63704651

giving me feels
>>
>>63702274

one of my favourite bands of all time. would turn gay for chino desu
>>
>>63704680
Definitely are Nu-Metal. Not sure what else they'd be other than hard alternative rock. When I think of Nu-Metal I think of Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linking Park (kinda but not really. but why not), Incubus (Fungus Amoongus), Sugar Ray (Floared). etc etc.
>>
>>63704794
>Sugar Ray

one of these things is not like the others..
>>
>>63704794
Science was Incubus' nu metal album. It's also their best, but not necessarily for that reason.

>>63704813
Sugar Ray were sort of nu metal before they became a pop rock band. The nu metal they made was terrible but at least they did it before it really took off.

>>63704680
Around The Fur is pretty classic nu metal dude, it just happens to be really good unlike 90% of other albums in the genre.
>>
>>63704794
Nu Metal is such a difficult term to explain. Typically Nu Metal is defined by hip hop rhythms and soft build ups into loud and angry verse or breakdowns. The best example of this is Korn. But there's some bands that use elements of Nu Metal but they sound completely different like Deftones. So then they start throwing around other terms like Alternative Metal and that's where it starts to get complicated.
>>
File: 1454800423456.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
1454800423456.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3600
>>63703720
BBBBOOOOOOOOGGGGGGIIIIIIEEEEEEE

>>63703735
Pleb Detected
>>
>>63702274

Interesting fact: I knew Chi Cheng's brother. One of the craziest ppl I knew at the time. Anyways he ended up taking a shit ton of methadone and dying. As far as I know when Chi got into that car accident he was traveling to that brother's funeral. Never really mentioned this before...
>>
>>63704958
>he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and died
>sister was and only got minor injuries

lmao what a faggot
>>
>>63704958
Woah, crazy if that's true. Must've been a tough time for their family.
>>
File: 1448838309037.png (236 KB, 454x319) Image search: [Google]
1448838309037.png
236 KB, 454x319
>>63703720
>>63704944
>tfw Boston fan
at least we're above .500 though, unlike sacremento
>>
Because unlike every other nu metal band ever, they're actually good.
>>
>>63702942
lol

>>63702274
they have like two albums you can call nu-metal.
>>
They ripped off Hum.
>>
>>63703853
>this nigga ain't a post-structuralist
kek
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.