[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't stop listening to pic related. Anything else that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: untitled.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
Can't stop listening to pic related. Anything else that's similar? Also, math rock general? Is that a thing?
>>
File: 1459414929215.png (17 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
1459414929215.png
17 KB, 651x641
>>63702030
don cab
>>
Proge rock > math rock
Math rock is proge for le indeh fags
>>
>>63702030
Been listening to quite a bit of Math Rock lately because I'm an angsty faggot

TimeColumns - Sunriseinthesea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOwUUn2uZ88

Breakthroughs in Modern Art - Six Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StNSVxe7kgc

Anything by Toe
>>
>>63702030
listen to their EP Anger Stamina Adventure or their First Demo

for instrumental math rock listen to totorro and toe or something

there isn't anything else quite like Animals though, imo. it's practically perfect except for panda, what a crap song
>>
>>63702129
you fucker Panda is 10/10
>>
File: cover.jpg (500 KB, 2143x2143) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
500 KB, 2143x2143
>>63702030

Check this out, great release

https://deltasleep.bandcamp.com/album/twin-galaxies-2
>>
Floral
Chon
piget
them roaring twenties
tera melos early stuff
no jazz in the drum and bass room
speed of sound in seawater
>>
>>63702919
Top band. Really nice dudes too, caught them in Bristol opening for TWIABPAIANLATD. Was dead impressed. Management is a killer EP.
>>
File: Math_Rock_3.png (2 MB, 1289x1468) Image search: [Google]
Math_Rock_3.png
2 MB, 1289x1468
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IEpamPCuM

try them out
>>
Not a fan of TTNG at all, but if you like them and other Math Rock stuff, and you're British, check out ArcTanGent festival.
>>
>>63702030
Listen to The Speed of Sound in Seawater. Start with they Red Version and Blue Version (free on bandcamp both of them)
>>
File: 32123313248.jpg (21 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
32123313248.jpg
21 KB, 398x500
>>63705185
good post
>>
>>63702129
>there isn't anything else quite like Animals
but there is
just check out Midwest Emo in general

Midwest Emo = soft emo with math rock
there's a fucking sea of it out there
not all math-rock is midwest
all midwest is math-rock

now look up the term and enjoy the plethora of bands out there

couple recs:
early Nai Harvest
Snowing
William Bonney
that one band with the fucking cartoon dinosaur on the cover that I can't remember but they were pretty cool
The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
basically most emo revival bands

don't listen to toe

also check out Emoe general that's where you wanna be
>>
>>63705562
>cartoon dinosaur on cover
Clever Girl ?
>>
>>63705606
ayyyy that's the one
that was quite fun

I like the whole sunny math-rock/midwest thing but after attending a festival that was essentially 20% fantastic bands and 80% third-wave knock-offs (ArcTanGent fest, it was a bad year, this year is looking better) I am fully fucking sick of this midwest/third wave math rock scene.
That said it's getting sunnier so I might be breaking out more twinkles during these warm days.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.