[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't believe in guilty pleasures -Dave Grohl Say what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
I don't believe in guilty pleasures
-Dave Grohl

Say what you want about Dave Grohl but I think he's right about this. You have to be self loathing to call the music that you enjoy guilty pleasures.
>>
File: Grohl.png (1 MB, 1280x944) Image search: [Google]
Grohl.png
1 MB, 1280x944
>>63700465
>Posting the photoshopped version
>>
>>63700465
Ironically, foo fighters is one of my guilty pleasures
>>
>>63700678
Their debut album is GOAT and they have plenty of good songs outside of it; don't let /mu/ tell you otherwise.
>>
>>63700465
He only says this because his shitty music ends up being a guilty pleasure since their debut album is decent
>>
>>63700716
If you enjoy it fine if you don't so what. All he's saying is the term guilty pleasure shouldn't exist. There is only pleasure. If you enjoy it wave your flag and be proud brother.
>>
everlong good songe
>>
I am self-loathing though. I enjoy some music that I can recognize as being objectively bad or embarrassing and wouldn't play it in front of others but it still gets an emotional response out of me because I'm a broken person.
>>
>>63700700
just a shame there's such a massive contrast between the decent songs and the pure shite. Very inconsistent band
>>
Ie; the faggot, dave grohl, feels 'he has "85000" different lovers', 'all his ladies, they love him differently'. That guy truely invented being a retard that hard in public.
>>
Drave Groll is the least controversial rockstar ever. His music is okay but mostly generic 2000's rock. I wonder if he would have made it had he not been a part of Cobain's backup band
>>
>>63700767
>>63700992
In my opinion, it could apply to music that you like but you know isn't original. You know the artist isn't particularly amazing but you like that kind of music so end up listening to it. It's just semantics whether or not you want to call that a guilty pleasure.
>>
Dave Grohl is especially awful because he makes bland, boring post-grunge "butt rock" and yet somehow thinks he's above all the other shitty bands doing it
>>
>>63702222
(you)

nice quads
>>
>>63700700
The debut album is brilliant. Still listen to it even now.
>>
>>63702123
He's a pretty tasteful drummer, but if he only did Them Crooked Vultures then that'd be enough for me to think he's good
>>
>>63702282
Do you think he would have made it had he not been in Nirvana?
>>
>>63702288
I'm sure he'd have some level of success because he makes perfect safe radio rock but I doubt he'd be as famous as he is
>>
>>63700678
you should feel guilty because there's nothing pleasurable about listening to that grabage
>>
>>63700465
I'm a hypocrite
I agree with him but I still hide the music I listen to from people irl
online though idc what people think of me
>>
>>63702288
Possibly, I feel like people who like the Foo Fighters aren't avid grunge listeners
>>
>>63700465
>>63702222

That being said he's not wrong. Namedropping artists to sound "hip" is lame as hell and I'd rather interact with people who listen to Top 40 and don't try to impress people with their music taste. Sometimes though you get the "I LUV KATY PERRY AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT WOOOO" people who are obnoxious too though
>>
>>63702288
No he probably would have gone the way of a band like 3 doors down. You can't buy the kinda connections grohl would have made with Nirvana
>>
>>63702288
Definitely. He might not be a household name the same way he is now but Foo Fighters would probably be huge with or without the Nirvana lore.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.