[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ decides: Kanye or Kendrick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x358
/mu/ decides:

Kanye or Kendrick
>>
>>63699603
Kanye
>>
Yeezus > TPAB > MBDTF > The College Dropout > GKMC > Late Registration > The Life of Pablo > Graduation > 808s & Heartbreak > Section 80
>>
Definitely Kanye, regardless of the fact that kanye is a humongous asshole faggot, Kendrick Lamar's last two projects are just str8 mediocrity "I LOVE NIGGERS AND MY GRANDAD IS DRINKIN" not to mention that annoying bitch voice he does Kanye's discography just has way more to offer than Kendricks for the time being
>>
Hard to say. Kendrick is too recent to have had much influence. Kanye is by far more influential on popular culture but Kendrick is more talented and is actually rapping.
gonna have to say it's a tie.
>>
i don't think you can really compare both since kendrick really doesn't have much in his discography
>>
>>63699644
literally what
>>
Kanye's first two LPs > Kendrick's first two LPs. But just barely
>>
Not really fair. Kanye's been around longer and has a deeper catalog. if we're just comparing their most recent stuff, I think TPAB is better than TLOP. But TLOP is better than UU.
>>
Kendrick was average at best before GKMC
>>
>>63699603
TPAB is better as a complete album then any album Kanye has put out.
>>
File: TYdFjHJ.jpg (79 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
TYdFjHJ.jpg
79 KB, 1600x900
I think:
MBDTF > TPAB = CD = LR > GKMC = 808s = Yeezus > TLOP > UU = Graduation = Section 80

I think you can switch the ordering around a bit but in general I think it's hard to argue that Kendrick has a stronger discography than Kanye.
>>
kanye will always have the legacy
>>
kanyes discography is much larger but mediocre kendrick is as good as kanyes best
>>
>>63699670
Kendrick is also only more talented at rapping, Kanye is a producer as well and a damn good one
>>
Kanye no question
>>
MBDTF > TPAB > LR > GKMC > College Dropout > Graduation > Yeezus > 808s > TLOP > UU > Section 80
>>
>>63699603

Drake is better than both of them
>>
>>63699603
LR>CD>MBDTF=GKMC>TPAB=Yeezus>UU>808s>S80>Grad>TLOP
>>
Andre 3000
>>
L O FUCKING L MATES

MBDTF > GKMC > TLOP > LR = UU = Yeezus > Graduation = TPAB > Section 80 = CD > 808s
>>
>>63699808
so literally the first thing he ever did? lol. nobody's amazing the first time they try.
>>
Kendrick has explored more interesting universally appealing ideas, but I can actually listen to Kanye for fun
>>
File: Hardest in the game.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hardest in the game.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>63699603
Matty B
>>
File: image.png (399 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
399 KB, 600x600
>>63700072
Kill yourself
>>
Ye
>>
Kendrick was ok but he seems like he's trying to hard to be deep sometimes. Some stuff on GKMC was good but he's just not fun to listen to. People who love Kendrick just say that because they want to seem like they are "woke" whereas kanye puts out good shit that's fun to listen to that you can vibe with.
I mean, the both can get into their #blacklivesmatter shit but even kanye makes that fun. Just compare "new slaves" to "the "blacker the berry." One is hype as fuck and you can sing along to it in the car and the other is just an angry "I hate whitey" rant.
Kendrick only appeals to black twitter people and SJWs while Kanye appeals to mass audiences
>>
>>63705872
Eh, I hate SJWs and most tumblr feminists, but I still love TPAB, I think Kendrick is on point the whole album, I really struggle to see how he aligns with extreme views when he has lines like "So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street? When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me".
>>
Neither.
>>
Better rapper/lyricist: Kendrick
Better producer/more interesting: Kanye
>>
Kanye is more entertaining but Kendrick is better
>>
>>63699603
Don't like either but Kanye simply because Kendrick is fucking unlistenable. I will never understand his popularity. I've given him a chance over and over yet have only found 2 songs of his I find OK
>>
Kendrick is a pseudo-intellectual

>>63706052

white people love that line huh
>>
>>63705872
You rate music based on if it's a banger or not? /mu/ is dead
>>
>>63708607
Zimmerman did nothing wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvzs4Ls
>>
>>63701994
Literally the only pro-Kanye argument that makes sense.

Kendrick is musically better in most ways I can think of though.
>>
>>63708551
You're a fucking normie pleb cunt
>>
>>63705872
>>63708630
Also the "I hate whitey" rant is not actually about how he hates white people. Please refrain from ever posting on /mu/ again if you think music "being hype" makes it good and if you can't even read lyrics.
>>
TPAB and untitled unmastered blow everything by Kanye out of the water.
>>
>>63708848
This
>>
>>63708782
Kendrick and Kanye are both the most normalfag rappers there are right now
>>
>>63708905
Kendrick has everyones attention because he's got real talent.

Kanye has everyones attention because we have no choice. Its barely even about his music anymore.
>>
>>63701982
He was rapping in like 2005.
>>
As of late Kendrick by far.

TLOP was immensely disappointing and forgettable.

Kanye has the more impressive discography though
>>
2:09 in Kendricks "Untitled 5" is more lit than Kanyes entire career
>>
>>63708989
Look it's like this. Nobody will admit it but production comes first. Kanye's music is dumb pop shit but most of it does it's job and is catchy enough. Kendrick's either rapping over trap trash or the worst shit I've ever heard. Plus he can't even rap in time with the fucking music most of the time. Might as well just take a clip of somebody talking and put it over a shit beat
>>
>>63699603
Kanye this is not even a fair comparison wow you guys are fucked up for thinking this was an ok question to ask. much disrespect
>>
>>63709159
The difference between someone who studies and/or gives a shit about the creation of music. The production on Kendricks latest work is above average, its complexity is just flying over your normie head.
>>
Really depends on if you enjoy easily understandable ear-macaroni or beautiful trash with a deeper meaning behind it.
>>
>>63709274
> someone who studies and/or gives a shit about the creation of music.
So me then
It's not poorly made but it sounds like shit. Also once again. Kendrick can't even rap in time or if he can then they change the vocal track so it's not in time. It's unbearable.
>>
>>63701982
>i have literally never heard of section80
>>
>>63709339
Idk man I doubt it. Tell me specifically where that ever happened?
>>
>>63708785

My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide
You hate me don't you?
You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture
You're fuckin' evil...

You sabotage my community, makin' a killin'

how is this not "I hate white people"?
>>
File: Instannity.png (250 KB, 324x510) Image search: [Google]
Instannity.png
250 KB, 324x510
Back to KTT guys
>>
>>63709409
Maybe he's just talking about the police in the context of Compton...
>>
>>63709379
Momma
The Blacker the Berry
Hood Politics
Untitled 7

It sounds like he can't keep up
>>
Ye is cool is you need to vicariously live through somebody. Kendrick is for people interested social awareness and creative progression as opposed to tend hopping.
>>
>>63709498
Kendrick uses interesting instrumentation. Pretty sure he's consciously decided to flow that way to create tension. It's all in time man. I've been studying drums, guitar and keys for a while now. Kendrick is what fully got me into hip hop because of whats he's done on TPAB and UU. It's not for everyone, but I personally get off on that kind of shit. Like in Hood Politics where he waits an extra half beat to say "booboo".... i think its you that can't keep up man ;)
>>
>>63699644
>Yeezus first
>s80 last

Holy shit like actually neck yourself tbhfam
>>
>>63709690
>;)
GTFO or lurk moar
>>
>>63709781
Fuck off virgin
>>
The production on TPaB was phenomenal. I love Kanye but TLoP was 80% not good. Worst album in his discog.

Over all, I think I like Kendrick more than I like Kanye nowadays, but looking at older Kanye it becomes more difficult to compare.
>>
>>63708785
a song doesn't have to be hype to be good its just listening to kanye puts you in a better mood than listening to kendrick. Kanye is more entertaining
>>
goddamn this thread is basic, kendrick of course
>>
>>63709690
Also stop acting like Kendrick is original with this shit. Dre has been doing it since 1999 and it was shit then too
>>
>>63699603
obviously ye because he's wearing the mayweather shorts in the pic and kendrick is wearing the pacquaio shorts
>>
>>63709880
>if I fuck this model
>and she just bleach her asshole
>and I get bleach on my t-shirt
>i'ma feel like an asshole

Creative genius right there amirite senpai?

TLoP God tier songs
>Ultralight Beam
>No More Parties in L.A.

Great songs:
>Famous
>Real Friends

Good songs:
>Wolves

The rest fluctuates between mediocre and dog shit.
>>
>>63709948
Thank you.
>>
>>63710038
Then compare that to Kendrick's TPaB.

God tier songs:
>every song except "For Sale"
>>
>Just putting the word 'pimp' next to 'butterfly'... It's a trip. That's something that will be a phrase forever. It'll be taught in college courses—I truly believe that.

Wow dude white people in future debt will waste an elective course for a wasted degree parroting that the title of your album also bears semblance to "To Kill A Mockingbird" and the correlation between that book and your album is deeper than it looks.

>Select all images with a shed
>>
ITT: Kanye fans demonize intellectual hip hop
>>
>>63710235
>intellectual hip hop
>kendrick
>intellectural
>hip hop
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>63710278
Tech N9NE fan confirmed
>>
>>63710317
he's still shit
>>
>>63699944
kendricks rapping balances out kanyes production, but because kendrick isn't as much of an egotist he lets other people produce beats for him, so he still has modern interesting production. he still has to make more albums before we can crown him better tho
>>63710278
its not nietzsche but it sure is more intelligent than your average hip hop album, people seem to confuse a disagreement with his message with criticising it as an unintellectual message
>>
>>63710435
This.
It's impressive someone like Kendrick can make it so far with live jazz and funk instrumentation, and taking as many risks as he does for as mainstream as he is, in an ocean of Futures, Drakes, and Fetty Waps.
>>
>>63710435
That's because your average RAP album is made for fucking retards and niggers
>>
File: yeezus14.png (2 MB, 1256x1732) Image search: [Google]
yeezus14.png
2 MB, 1256x1732
any kanye album>>>any kendrick album
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.