[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENVELOPE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Unwound_-_New_Plastic_Ideas.jpg (12 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Unwound_-_New_Plastic_Ideas.jpg
12 KB, 220x220
>>
Great song, but I'm a bigger fan of Arboretum.
>>
>>63697878
Nah, all about Hexenzsene
>>
>>63697922
Are you trying to tell me that you don't like Arboretum?
>>
>>63697969
Sure, it's a hot track, but not 'stand out'
>>
>>63698052
You've really no aptitude at all when it comes to communicating your opinion.

Sadly it's too late for me to never post in this thread and meet someone so rhetorically stunted.
>>
>>63698173
Just naming the tracks I like most, friend.
>>
>>63698241
I'm not your friend.

That doesn't warrant a thread. It does nothing to facilitate intellectual discourse. If you want to list your favorite tracks, a blog would be more fitting.

Here, we've an expectation that posts will amount to more than "I like thing because thing is good."
>>
>>63697878
>>63697969
>>63698173
>>63698335
stop
>>
>>63698363
Stop asking that people contribute more to this board than the triviality of their naked opinions?

No. You stop. In fact, just fuck off. This board's anti-intellectualism has gone too fucking far.
>>
>>63698409
Are you just shitposting to increase your 4chan klout score?
>>
>>63698335

>Here, we've an expectation that posts will amount to more than "I like thing because thing is good."

lel

Anyway, your reply was stating that you liked X, without elaborating any further. Since yours was the only reply, I self-bumped with an opinion of my own.
>>
>>63698409
you're making Unwound look bad, man.
Best track on the album is obviously Usual Dosage, anways

:^)
>>
File: tfw_grying.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
tfw_grying.png
29 KB, 640x753
i really like leaves turn inside you, to the point where i got severely depressed for months and it was the only album i could listen to. that, and ASMZ's "He has left us..."

>the trouble with the truth is double you
>>
>>63698512
im the same. i cant listen to LTISY because it makes me so depressed and puts me in a horrible state of mind
>>
>>63698551
everything about that album is perfect though..... god it's like being on LSD except your vision has gone black from staring at the sun for too long and you only see memories of your past life and its failures and meaninglessness

:'^(
>>
>>63698471
>your reply was stating that you liked X
Indeed, because I don't like talking about myself, and further because it's not my responsibility to facilitate discussion in this thread.

You're the OP. You created this thread, implying that you've something to say. Generating discourse falls on your shoulders.
>>
>it's an unty thread
>>
>>63698512
Is it true that Leaves is best saved for last when listening to Unwound's discography?
>>
I want no further replies to anything I've posted.

I'm going to bed.
>>
>>63698596
its incredibly claustrophobic and when from radio gra into below the salt and everything opens up it just break down. this album is truly associated with one of the worst times of my life , it actually made me numb and nihilistic because of how meaningless everything suddenly became
>>
>>63698647
Shut the fuck up nigger virgin faggot
>>
>>63698640
it is, anon.
this band has my favorite sonic evolution ever
Leaves is imo the best, even though on a given day i rather listen to NPI or Repetition.

this band honestly peaked 3-4 times and thats why theyre my favorite. At one point I felt Challenge was their best. Lifetime into What Went Wrong is unbeatable for me
>>
>>63698619
A u t i s m

>>63698640
It's a very good final statement on their work. I tried going back in time with their other albums and I found them too.... angsty? It was aggressive and discordant all the time, with little respite in between. It is really their most evolved sound, from anger and bitterness at the world to resignation and finality.

>>63698651
>below the salt means less than something else i said
tears a-aren't leaking out of my eyes, i swear
>>
>>63698738
>the lights
>are bright...are bright...are bri-

;_;

Below the Salt is their best song and the answer to their entire catalog. It makes very other song obsolete. It is quite literally Unwound/Justin's dying breaths
>>
>>63698797
radio gra makes me feel like i'm sitting at my couch drinking not watching anything on tv in particular waiting to die and then as i fall asleep an angel of death whisks me away from my body and shows me the beginning and end of the world, my life, the destruction of other planets, the blooming and death of flowers, the parallel timelines i could've lived, wars and love and protests and ships at turbulent sea, shipwreck and gasps of breath on a deserted shore, thunder and blood sacrifice, the sun blackening before my eyes, the rise and fall of someone's chest when they breathe during sleep, a lover passing away, a bullet through a brain, a washing machine leaking, a harrowing desert journey on camelback, a jungle filled with tripwire, quicksand, and wildlife ready to kill, and i am delivered back to my mundane life, my husk of a body.

>captcha: select all the drinks
;__;
>>
>>63698924
and yet, after all of that

>Who Cares

the sounds in this last track remind me of the scenes in Inception when Leo is underwater and then wakes up on the shore in his dream
>>
>>63698997
it's like the most cruel joke with the little polka ditty at the end

definitely sounds like washing up on shore

why am i listening to this again im finna cri
>>
>>63699030
me too, anon. I should've gone to bed a little while ago.

im gonna go now, but ill keep the thread open and see any further discussion tomorrow morning. night, y'all
>>
>>63699074
goodnight sir/ma'am/kin

i wish you the best

we shall cry together on the astral plane
>>
>I'll shed no tear/for the wasted year/I spent listening to unty
>>
>>63697758
So do we agree that this is the best Unwound album? Yes, I also love Fake Train.
>>
if you are a fan of Arboretum, I implore you to check out the Live Leaves version
>>
>>63699955
They're all really good, that self-titled one aside which is OK.

I really like The Future of What for some reason.
>>
You Bite My Tongue tho
>>
>>63701990
The Future of What is my favorite, as well.

It sounds like they were very contentious how the songs were all ordered, most of any of their albums I've heard.
>>
File: sara abusing vern.gif (4 MB, 443x355) Image search: [Google]
sara abusing vern.gif
4 MB, 443x355
>>63697878
more like arBOREtum
>>63697922
this
>>63702069
s/t and that single are p underrated
>>
i always liked this track and it seems to get no attention, not even among unwound fans. it's like the closest thing they ever did to a pop song

https://youtu.be/27MvzYujc6I
>>
>>63698647
You are quite possibly the most insufferable person on this entire board. What made you this way? Is it the shape of your nose?
>>
>>63705484
That's a great track.

Fingertips is really underrated too.
>>
>>63705524
I don't understand what's wrong with that reply.

I was going to sleep, and when I awoke I knew I needed to study for an exam. Were I not to disincline anons from replying to my posts, I'd wake up burdened by the weight of replying to everyone that replied to me.

I didn't do anything wrong.
>>
File: cover.jpg (26 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
26 KB, 302x300
I thought this thread was about Unwound???
>>
>>63707652
My favorite of their albums.

See: >>63703664
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.