[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - "stop taking the bait" edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
It's almost April

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, whine about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

TOPSTERS.NET
>chart your listening quota

https://stg.plug.dj/some-dumb-room-electric-boogaloo/
>third space for real-time memery

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>alternate site for when plug is not working (aka always)

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random shit

More importantly, get taste!

Previously, on /daily/: >>63684133
>>
First for the boys

I just made a thread, but I deleted it.

Tourney results incoming.
>>
Music is bad.
>>
reminder

music is not a serious matter

music is for fun
>>
>>63696867
>music
>fun
Just end it.
>>
File: I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST MEME.jpg (2 MB, 1919x1077) Image search: [Google]
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST MEME.jpg
2 MB, 1919x1077
FINAL /daiy/ ROUND: I’M FISH TAKES THE BAIT EDITION
Kevorkian
>Floatation Toy Warning – Bluffer’s Guide to the Flight Deck
I would say “better than most Indie Pop,” but most of the Indie recs I get from /daily/ are very good! Maybe I should stop writing off this genre?? This one reminds me specifically of the Flaming Lips, especially this dude’s voice. Pretty enchanting music, but something about the songwriting really gets to me. The tracks are far too lengthy for their own good, and it drags soooo much too often. Almost every song on here should be about half as long. Really can’t see myself enjoying this as much as others because of how much it just drags. The variation in horned instruments and spoken word samples (though sometimes an annoyance) are nice, but not enough to fill these seemingly empty songs.
Favorite Tracks: Popstar reaching oblivion, Donald Pleasance
5.0+

Tripfriend ots
>B. B. King – Live at the Regal
Frick yes guitar music dudes. For such an impactful and main staple blues musician, the riffs on this live performance aren’t really that typical or stereotypical. Worst thing about this album is the audience. My god. The hysterics and screaming just prevent me from loving these spectacular performances. I know it’s hard to judge this for the times, because I’m unaware of what sort of recording equipment they would’ve had present at the time, but it still really gets to me. Even so, this is some masterful blues guitar playing. I admittedly have a soft spot for Blues and Blues Rock. Maybe I should look more into electric blues, because other than some faulty live aspects, this was pretty damn good!
Favorite Tracks: How Blue Can You Get, Every Day I Have The Blues
7.0-

Even after an abysmal start, Tripfriend ots somehow pulls it out! Congraturations! Reply to this to receive your prize.
>>
File: poseurcore progress.png (2 MB, 1463x1524) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore progress.png
2 MB, 1463x1524
What next, lads? Listening to all the poseurcore.

Just listened to Taj Mahal Travelers, by the way. Creepy shit. But I really enjoyed it nonetheless.
>>
>>63696915
>Keiji Hano
I'll just go s/t I guess
>>
>>63696915
ya!
what's my prize?
>>
File: a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg (23 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg
23 KB, 1024x768
>>63696975
Use it wisely!

Congrats again!! :3
>>
>>63696999
T R I PS
R
I
P
S
>>
>>63697021
that's the real prize, guy.
>>
File: Backcatalog 2.png (2 MB, 1463x1472) Image search: [Google]
Backcatalog 2.png
2 MB, 1463x1472
bretty gud
>>>63694150
I'm not the original /daily/ pleb then am i? :^)
>>
>>63696941
FAUST
A
U
S
T
>>
>>63696915
ah well
Went too big first round I suppose. Thought about reccing Time Machines (Coil does ambient) for the final round but I was planning on using Bluffer's Guide from the start and I stuck by myself. Love that album, wish you liked it more but I get your problems with it
>>
File: 1459391583803.jpg (210 KB, 640x779) Image search: [Google]
1459391583803.jpg
210 KB, 640x779
>>63697061
You gave me the best album from that chart, so you're the real hero :DD

hav a hegheg
>>
>>63697039
Do murmuure next or Nouns because I fucking hate that album
>>
>>63697061
Karma was rated better from my first initial listens, but after a few more I like that rec even more :3
>>
>>63697086
>lower score than Karma
>best album
So it did grow on you?

>>63697102
that answers that <3
>>
>>63697131
:333
>>
>>63697177
no
>>
>>63697213
no? what do you mean? i was under the impression that this is where all the /mu/ intelligentsia gathered to discuss their latest obscure but brilliant discoveries and bask in the wonder of deep listening of deep music

>>63697217
thanks luigi
>>
>>63697277
"no"

nice job getting 77's twice in a row
>>
>>63697396
dubs are entertainment for commoner scum, as a /mu/ patrician i have no interest in such petty distractions
i wish for nothing but to spend quality time in the company of my fellow patricians here at /daily/! where we listen to keiji haino! and fishmans! and coil!
tell me, what is your latest deeply obscure but extremely rewarding and sophisticated discovery? i am burning with curiosity
>>
>>63697442
please stop, you're biting commentary is revealing all my deepest insecurities. be merciful anon, I don't want to deal with my own pitiful reality.
>>
>>63697522
>I don't want to deal with my own pitiful reality.
like the fact I can't use the correct form of "your"
>>
>>63697522
>>63697552
i don't understand what you mean
was i mislead in believing this thread to attract /mu/'s posting creme de la creme?
the relentless learners, the historians and theorists, the obsessive enthusiasts of music? the men who serve as living examples of what it means to truly devote oneself to the lifelong pursuit of devoted, relentless music listening?
>>
>>63697672
do i look like some kind of nerd?
>>
>>63696867
>>63697177
>>63697277
>>63697442
>>63697672
report these posts and move on.
>>
>>63697809
no. you look like a patrician. a listener above listener. a /daily/ regular.

>>63697842
what for? what's your problem?
>>
>>63697872
Global Rule 10

You posted the exact same thing in three different threads. Please stop.
>>
>>63697959
three different threads? what are you talking about?
>>
>>63697959
>>63697872
also /mu/ rules 2 and 3

>>63697996
It might not have been you, but someone posted >>63696867 in all 3 /daily/ threads along with >>63697177 before the other two were deleted.

I deleted my thread to try and minimize this, but it didn't work obviously.

I don't mind the shitty memes (this is /daily/, after all) but could you please keep the spam to a minimum? Thanks.
>>
>>63698064
yee >>63696867 wasn't by mr "i just discovered sarcasm", that was just my admittedly lame attrempt to indirectly pacify the whole thing, seeing that the root of his problem is that he's taking that whole thing too damn seriously
>>
>>63698143
sry muh mistake ;'((
>>
>>63698064
>>63698143
>>63698248
i'm afraid there's been a terrible mixup here, for i am none of these people
i am here for one thing and one thing alone: quality music discussion with my fellow elite
>>
Harmonia - Music Von Harmonia
Fuck me, it's like Moebius can do no wrong. Another stellar release, this time with involvement from members of Neu! and their influence is apparent. Still very ambient and leaning more towards the side of progressive electronic like his earlier project, Cluster. But the repeating, hypnotic melodies and the larger presence of drums+guitar is the major differentiating factor. The synth work takes a step down unfortunately and there is this strange lo-fi filter over all of it that was a little off putting. By no means is the playing bad, it's pretty damn great, but it all seems a little reserved and there aren't s many of those great expansive, atmospheric ambient sections you find on a Cluster release. All in all it plays more like a Neu! album featuring Moebius.

[BONUS]

Captain Beefheart - Diddy Wah Diddy

surprised this is so overlooked, Diddy Wah Diddy and Moonchild hold up against the best tracks off Safe as Milk. Although they are more straight blues, there are hints of what's to come further down the line. The other two tracks are pretty forgettable though unfortunately.

[1/2]
>>
Why'd the thread pic get deleted?
>>
File: 60s+70s stuff.png (2 MB, 1545x1296) Image search: [Google]
60s+70s stuff.png
2 MB, 1545x1296
>>63698357
fuck forgot pic

Wu-man (with the Kronos Quartet) - Immeasurable Light

At points this album really has potential to be a 5/5, but there are a few too many pitfalls that really irk me. The first track is really bizarre compared to the rest, and I honestly don't know what the Kronos Quartet contributed other than some yelling. Second track doesn't fare much better, it's your standard koto piece, but really quite dull and it has a great ending, but then it keeps going for another minute. The rest ranges from good to amazing and for the most part it's just more chinese traditional folk. But the other song with the Kronos Quartet (Namu Amida) is fucking amazing, it perfectly blends eastern and western folk music and modernizes both. The strings and koto compliment each other superbly and the voice samples blend so well into the music. If the whole album had been that I would've been head over heels.

Melt-Banana - Fetch

Killer instrumentals, super fast and adrenaline pumping guitar shredding that hardly ever lets up. I love the use of the really short, chopped guitar loops, that and the laser synths gave the whole thing a really artificial/synthetic feel. I did not like the singers voice. there were a few times that it didn't bother me, but at no point did it contribute to my enjoyment. It honestly makes the whole thing feel sort of like nightcore noise rock.

>>
>it's a thread pic gets deleted episode
>>
>>63698462
>nightcore noise rock
love it

Try Uncle Meat soon!

>>63698417
I guess some mod is monitoring this thread probably because of the numerous reports on the spammer. Funny a picture on topic to the thread is deleted, but purposefully derailing a thread isn't.
>>
>>63698544
>Try Uncle Meat soon!
I will eventually
I never have the desire/time to listen to albums of that length.
I've already started it a few times and I wasn't exactly ecstatic about what I heard, but who knows. Zappa is really hit or miss for me.
>>
>>63698605
Just listen to the first disc of the reissue, which is just 58 minutes. Last song should be "Crusing for Burgers."
>>
Yamir what's the name of the musical abortions font I need it for some top memery
>>
>not even a "good morning /daily/" from doggy
have we ever been deader
>>
>>63699753
good morning /daily/
>>
Good night, daily
>>
>>63699873
sweet memes!! zzzz...
>>
>>63699753
>>63699790
>>63699873
>>63700108
Good morning /baitly/!
What are your plans for today?
Me i'm boiling some eggs and brewing some coffee listening to New Skin for the Old Ceremony. That's what i'm doing.
>>
(what >>63699790 said)

I got drunk with my boss yesterday, that was fun. Having intense working week so probably no new memes today, unless I will find a time for some Ftarri collection CDs. The first one from Sugimoto was nice. It contained him reading spoken word passages to a set of sound bursts, mainly based on sine-wave shorts.
>>63699753
sorry, lots of work.
>>
turns out the Ftarri collection isn't under the 1 track/1CD sorting as I thought lmao

The performers and performances on it look so varied and awesome though.
>>
File: Zappa Albums.jpg (767 KB, 1800x1140) Image search: [Google]
Zappa Albums.jpg
767 KB, 1800x1140
If anyone wants to choose a Zappa/Beefheart album for me to listen to today, choose one from pic related :) :) :)

Went to see Michael Gira, supported by Thurston Moore and Laura Cannell last night:
>>63679773

If you're into ambient, ambient-leaning drone music or any early/medieval music, I'd suggest you check out Laura's stuff. It's all inspired by an eclectic mix of stuff from 5th to 17th centuries, and most pieces are based upon folklore stories. Very good flute, recorder, and violin player.

Thurston Moore obviously needs no introduction, but I found that I really underrated him as a guitarist. He did an acoustic set with one piece that lasted about 15 minutes, completely original and written for Michael Gira. The music was accompanied by this 2001-esque psychedelic visuals too; very cool.

I got to meet Michael afterwards and even after all the stupid Larkin stuff, he's actually a really nice guy. We got to hear a couple of songs from the next Swans album, and he also told us what the name of the album would be –but I forgot. He finished with God Damn The Sun which was really hard-hitting, and I always liked how that song was kind of a masterpiece sticking out in a pretty bad album.

>>63696941
Ramleh –Hole in the Heart
>>
>>63702085
>he also told us what the name of the album would be –but I forgot.
Wahh, how can you forget something so important??
>>
>>63702085
>ambient, ambient-leaning drone music or any early/medieval music
It feels like this was written for me. Thanks for the discovery.
>>
>>63702085
that sounds like a really sweet show

fuck I need to watch Gira before he [spoiler] dies ;_; [/spoiler]

also, listen to Safe as Milk cause I hear that's essential and all that shit
>>
>>63702138
I was in a bit of a trance and whenever he spoke it was unclear. I might not have even heard what it was in the first place.

One of the tracks was about "a terrible experience for [his] wife", and was called "When Will I Return"

>>63702190
Don't you dare jinx it.
I will listen to Safe as Milk, though
>>
>>63700994
Recovering from this hangover and studying I guess
>>
>>63702303
You shouldn't be drinking on weekdays, Thomas.
>>
>>63702459
He should. Everyone should.
>>
>>63702459
you can't tell me what to do mom!
>>
>>63698733
Old english font
>>
File: tourney.jpg (2 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tourney.jpg
2 MB, 3136x1996
>GaussHaus: Space Captain - In Memory
Reminded me a lot of the more vocal-based tracks on FlyLo's Until the Quiet Comes. This is some nice psych soul(?) with some stunning, thickly layered beats and seductive vocals. The last track is lgr8.

>Kanzler: easyFun - Deep Trouble
I expected to not like this but holy fucking shit is it infectious. It takes the hilariously overblown post-pop stylings of PC Music and one-ups them. There's some particularly clever and catchy songcraft to be found here; Fanta's fucking amazing.

I really liked both, but I think I enjoyed Kanzler's rec more.
>>
wew, wake the fuck up

What are you guys listening to?
I'm listening to report complaints.
>>
what should I listen to now, lads

http://strawpoll.me/7236160
>>
>>63703530
sounds good, is that a field recording kind of thing?
I've been listening to Leonard Cohen all day, right now i'm listening to Songs of Love and Hate.
>>
I'm seeing a screening of Sunrise tonight with live music from Bach. I already love the movie, so really looking forward to it.

>>63703530
:(
I'm listening to the sound of myself studying, pretty patrish if I say so myself
>>
>>63703772
sorry to break it to you, but i think Bach is dead
>>63703589
feedbacker, duhh
>>
>>63703772
>sound of myself studying
link pls
>>63703790
alright I'll do Feedbacker
>>
>>63703790
well, I suppose I'll see tonight, won't I?
(do you want an autograph?)
>>
>>63703772
vocaroo it please
>>
>>63703678
>sounds good, is that a field recording kind of thing?
Yes, it motivates me to work more.
I'm also surprised that my presentation skills are miles ahead of my other group members here and I'm an awkward bugger.
>>63703772
patrish
>>63703790
>Bach is dead
I heard he'll be bach though ;$)
>>
>>63704116
that's a funny looking nose you got there
>>
fuck, why has Flood been the only Boris release I've listened to until now?

this stuff is great so far
>>
>>>63691271
R.I.P. 2016 is taking no prisoners

For my pick:
White Suns - Totems
>>
>>63703521
ohhh yeeey, didn't expect to win this one, nice
>>63704125
which album?
>>
>>63704623
it was Feedbacker
>>
File: marchmadness.png (779 KB, 1160x1060) Image search: [Google]
marchmadness.png
779 KB, 1160x1060
Help me fill out my april, /daily/. Tuesday is all filled out (will pick four albums from TMTs Q1 Favorite List), the other days all have some way to go. The categories should be pretty self-explanatory, will promise to write about every rec I get on when the day comes.

>Monday: Jazz
1: Ryo Fukui –Scenery
2: Bill Evans/Jim Hall –Undercurrents
3: Eberhard Weber - Colours of Chloe
4: ?

>Wednesday – 2016
1: Tim Hecker –Love Streams
2: Michael Pisaro/Christian Wolff –Looking Around
3: ?

>Thursday: sub-/mu/-core
1: DJ Screw –Bigtyme Recordz vol.11
2: Royal Trux - Twin Infinities
3: Car Seat Headrest –Twin Fantasy

>Friday: Folk
1: Natalie Rose LeBrecht –Warraw
2: Jandek –Chair Beside A Window
3: Current 93 –All the Pretty Little Roses
5: ?

Saturday: Hip-Hop
1: DJ Quik - Safe + Sound
2: Kingpin Skinny Pimp - King of da Playaz Ball
3: Compton's Most Wanted - Music to Drive-By
4: Triple Six Mafia - Underground Vol 1. 1991-1994
5: ?

Sunday: Africa
1: Fela Kuti –Roforofo Fight
2: ?
3: ?
>>
>>63704645
Jazz:
Sonny Criss - Sonny's Dream

Sainkho Namtchylak - Like a Bird or Spirit, Not a Face
>>
>>63704645
Oh and for Africa
Toumani Diabaté & Ballaké Sissoko - New Ancient Strings
>>
>>63704645
>Africa
v/a - African Scream Contest
>>
>>63704638
good one, recently bought a vinyl record of it
Boris have a really consistent discography
>>63704645
>that folk selection
watch out for hampus
>>
>>63704645
folk:
Silvio Rodríguez - Al final de este viaje

hip-hop:

Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain... Why Kneel?
>>63704686
>bought a vinyl record of it
I might cop one when I go to Japan this April

great shit, man
>>
>>63704665
>>63704674

Thanks man, already heard the Diabáte and Sissoko album, but will include the others for sure.

>>63704679
Looks great, thanks!

>>63704686
Rec me something better, then

>>63704713
Already heard both of them, thanks, though!
>>
>>63704726
it's not that Hampus will comment on the choices just the folk term, it's officially 'folk rock', but whatever, who cares
>>
>>63704726
oh okay

I feel like reccing something for the folk section so reccing:

Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra - Balalaika Favorites
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/christian_fennesz_and_jim_orourke/its_hard_for_me_to_say_im_sorry/

Anyone order this meme yet?
>>
>>63704726
>Rec me something better, then
don't get me wrong, the albums are solid, C93 is amazing (it's Horses, not Roses btw)
but it's not really folk music
>>63704713
it's coming with a nice poster
uh, I'd love to see Japan one day, make sure to get some avant stuff for us
>>
>>63704645
africa:
Dumisani Maraire - The African Mbira: Music of the Shona People of Rhodesia
>>
>>63704773
>it's coming with a nice poster
fuck that sounds pretty sweet
>uh, I'd love to see Japan one day
it's definitely a great place
>make sure to get some avant stuff for us
I might if I'm feeling patrish
>>
>>63704713
>silvio
nice
i'm seeing him this april
>>63704761
not any experience with fennesz
he seems to do bloops and o'rourke does too
so i'm guessing it's a bloop album
i prefer pop o'rourke myself
>>
>>63704822
oh man that sounds great

wish I could see him live
>>
>>63704839
i think you were australian? am i wrong?
anyway i'm not sure he tours too often except latin america every once in a while as hispanic countries are mostly his audience, it's not the kind of stuff that goes big on other countries
>>
>>63704822
I heard him on 4G, he did both bloops and guitar wank that sounded like bloops.
>>
>>63704925
not against bloops btw
might listen to it if it seems cool
i'm just sad we're gonna have all these o'rourke releases but it could be a while until another poppy one
>>
>>63704948
>i'm just sad we're gonna have all these o'rourke releases but it could be a while until another poppy one
Yeah, there's like 5 Steamroom releases already this year. Personally, I'd rather see some weird O'Rourke collab for a motion picture soundtrack or something.
>>
>>63704872
>i think you were australian? am i wrong?
I'm Filipino
>it's not the kind of stuff that goes big on other countries
I thought so

damn
>>
>>63704754
>>63704773

I see, no problem then. I just went with albums tagged as neofolk, avant-folk or some variation thereof on RYM, please feel free to recommend some more traditional stuff.

>>63704789
Thanks!
>>
>>63705014
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/romain_baudoin/1_primate/
>>
>>63704996
Oh well, I figured somewhere between Asia and the US from timezones, strayans are usually the safest bet there.
>>
File: space-saraswati.gif (257 KB, 730x573) Image search: [Google]
space-saraswati.gif
257 KB, 730x573
Done with doom. Someone else is doing the poseurcore chart, so I'll hold off.

Seeing Acid Mothers Temple next week, so I'm going to do a chart now. Tell me specific ones to cover. I'll just do the ones with the most ratings on RYM otherwise.
>>
File: lDB7r.gif (883 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
lDB7r.gif
883 KB, 200x150
i dropped ded woops hi
>>
>>63705265
Holy fuck, get ready to have your mind blown, they are insane live.
>>
>>63705331
Is bune ok?
>>
>>63705265
Also, saw Earthless recently and came home and bought AMT tickets. It was quite nuts. As much as I love psych, it's music that thoroughly sounds better live. See them if you get the chance.
>>
>>63705265
When it comes to Acid Mothers the lewder the cover the better the album generally. That said La Novia is great and its cover isn't lewd at all.
>>
>>63705424
Dead. La Novia is great but that cover is so misdirected
>>
File: dead.png (227 KB, 243x238) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
227 KB, 243x238
>>63705445
>Dead
Agreed.
>>
>>63705410
is taking a long time to recover, is getting force fed , some meds, ant anti-fur paste
>>
anyone have a link to Bibio's new LP? can't what.cd cuz uni internet
>>
>>63705456
Poor bunny. Get well soon B'^(
>>
File: 1418713205579.jpg (111 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
1418713205579.jpg
111 KB, 750x900
>>
ehl ehm ei ou
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Kashkashian
>>
>>63705636
rofgmao
>>
File: Zappa Albums.jpg (771 KB, 1800x1140) Image search: [Google]
Zappa Albums.jpg
771 KB, 1800x1140
>Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
3/5 || medium 6 / 10

Perhaps I've been spoiled with TMR, but I felt like the experimentation on this album was only appearing in little bursts and short moments, and overall the album looked like a slightly-odd twist of blues. Definitely some good tracks, but nothing as shockingly good or memorable as other Zappa or Beefheart stuff I've heard.

Best track: Zig Zag Wanderer
Worst track: Call on Me
>>
>>63705689
oh btw which one should i do next?
>>
>>63705701
Doc at the Radar Station
alternatively Musical Abortions
or you could just Mirror Man, that one's all right too
>>
I'm listening to Converge's Petitioning the Empty Sky. I don't think i've listened to this in 8 years or something. It's pretty swell actually.
>>
>>63702138
>>63702085
Just messaged my friend, the next Swans album will be called

The Glowing Man
>>
>>63705689
Shiny Beast. I actually woke up with Tropical Hot Dog stuck in my head this morning
>>
File: bragg.png (73 KB, 182x187) Image search: [Google]
bragg.png
73 KB, 182x187
Why haven't I listened to Bragg before, the 3 records I've listened to in the past couple of days are great.
>>
Post your charts daily I'm making my April chart
>>
File: favs2.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1325) Image search: [Google]
favs2.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1325
>>63705902
fav chart or april chart?
>>
File: lemao.png (805 KB, 474x434) Image search: [Google]
lemao.png
805 KB, 474x434
>>63705902
>current year
>doing charts
>>
File: april.png (3 MB, 3000x1900) Image search: [Google]
april.png
3 MB, 3000x1900
>>63705902
>>
There you have it. Starting with Absolutely Freak Out. This stuff is so thoroughly up my alley. Feels good, man
>>
>>63705940
>>63705956
meant fav charts
>>
>>63705943
>needing to plan your whole month one month ahead to not get anxiety about your music listening
feels bad man

>>63705940
i already like or have heard most of these already though
>>
File: big as asses.png (2 MB, 1485x1355) Image search: [Google]
big as asses.png
2 MB, 1485x1355
>>63705902
hello
needs some updating
but topsters is dead so
>>
>>63705902
if it's favorites, I don't have a chart

would ya mind 4.5s and 5s instead

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/TEthearbiter/r4.5
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/TEthearbiter/r5.0
>>
File: chart.jpg (3 MB, 1720x2358) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
3 MB, 1720x2358
>>63705902
RIP topsters
>>
File: Top 60.png (2 MB, 1442x1024) Image search: [Google]
Top 60.png
2 MB, 1442x1024
>>63705902
>>
File: faves.jpg (2 MB, 1754x1349) Image search: [Google]
faves.jpg
2 MB, 1754x1349
the Zombelle EP is frustratingly hard to find in decent quality. soundcloud it is then.

>>63705902
might need a makeover soon but whatever.
>>
>>63704761
I pre-ordered it on the bandcamp page, but release is sometime in June
>>
File: GaussHausAfrica.jpg (1000 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
GaussHausAfrica.jpg
1000 KB, 2000x2000
>>63704645
>Africa
Daniel Owino Misiani & Shirati Jazz Band - Benga Blast!
King Sunny Ade - Juju music
>>
File: garfield.png (18 KB, 540x559) Image search: [Google]
garfield.png
18 KB, 540x559
sync? I think so
>>
File: backlog1.jpg (350 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
backlog1.jpg
350 KB, 1000x1000
>The Soft Boys - Underwater Moonlight
Really great psych power pop. Some of the hooks on this are fantastic and catchy s hell, especially the first track. I like the more psych elements on this too and how some tracks go into these jams. It's p good
8/10, might go up to a 9
>>
>>63706316
I should probably do round 2 of this
>>
>>63705959
Pink lady lemonade and the beautiful blue ecstasy are soooo good, you should do those as well
>>
>>63705902
https://rbt.asia/boards/mu/img/0633/70/1458232723050.jpg
fuck them other niggas
>>
>>63706333
what should i listen to next /daily/?
>>
>>63706409
Musical Abortions.
>>
>>63706422
thanks man
>>
>>63705902
>>
File: tourney.jpg (3 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tourney.jpg
3 MB, 3136x1996
>Cunt: Felicita - Frenemies
The idea of taking PC music sounds and recontextualizing them in some sort of disjointed mess is interesting, but this just wasn't any fun to listen to. It's too chaotic, too spastic, with no sense of structure whatsoever. 2deep4me.

>Moonjacques: Myrrh Ka Ba & Zombelle - Tropicult
Pretty cool witch house kinda stuff, lots of growling bass lines, breathy female vocals and old-skool drum machines. It has a sinister vibe to it that I can dig, but the less dancey tracks are kind of a snoozefest.

Disappointing desu lads. Moonjacques wins.
>>
>>63706468
No problem my dude.
>>
>>63706500
I love giving people free rounds and making people listen to shit tbqh.
>>
>>63706393
Word. I'll squeeze those in. You hear IAO Chant from the Cosmic Inferno? Pretty mental, if you're into Gong at all
>>
>>63706500
>The idea of taking PC music sounds and recontextualizing them in some sort of disjointed mess is interesting, but this just wasn't any fun to listen to. It's too chaotic, too spastic, with no sense of structure whatsoever. 2deep4me.
that
sounds
awesome!
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1485x1455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1485x1455
>>63706492
Forest-Forest
The Charm of the Highway Strip- The Magnetic Fields
>>63706108
You're Living All Over Me- Dinosaur Jr
Down Colorful Hill- Redhouse Painters
>>
File: pretentiouswankthechart.jpg (565 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
pretentiouswankthechart.jpg
565 KB, 900x700
>>63705902
I'm late :(
>>
File: a3530364484_10.jpg (295 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3530364484_10.jpg
295 KB, 1200x1200
what are you listening to, /daily/?

me, i'm listening to this fun little sound collage thingy while pretending to study
>>
File: April Calender.png (1 MB, 1616x1124) Image search: [Google]
April Calender.png
1 MB, 1616x1124
Ok here's my shitty april
>>
>>63707263
that's a very nice april
>>
>>63707263
im doing 30 films too but I wasn't able to fit them onto the chart but I might put them on there anyways since I've got no life and

>>63707322
thank you i hope so
>>
>>63706627
can someone pls give recs ;_;
>>
>>63707064
Listening to 77 Live (Most Violence Version) while writing reports.
>>
File: 1442139926358.jpg (613 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1442139926358.jpg
613 KB, 3000x3000
>>63707460
Is it just me or does the MVV not sound much different to the original? Am I not paying attention to the right thing?
>>
File: below-the-radar-art.jpg (19 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
below-the-radar-art.jpg
19 KB, 460x460
>>63707064
Listening to the latest Wire comp while increasing shareholder value
>>
>>63707528
I feel like the bass is moved up in the mix and the guitar noise has more volume to it. Might be placebo, but I prefer this version.
>>
File: 1445301158588.jpg (21 KB, 539x495) Image search: [Google]
1445301158588.jpg
21 KB, 539x495
>>63707557
The bass was the most notable so I doubt it's a placebo, maybe I was just lazy in my comparison. Probably that.
>>
>>63707435
>>63706627
this isn't a chart thread, dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZzwDmIaOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzeuMdWjrso
>>
File: avril.jpg (257 KB, 1080x856) Image search: [Google]
avril.jpg
257 KB, 1080x856
i'm bad at charts
>>
>>63708274
you haven't listened to those yet? jesus

first two are two of my all time favourites
>>
>>63708274
this is a solid chart
>>
>>63708274
I like 10 of the 15 I've heard so you should have a good time!
>>
>>63706563
nah, I'll check it out though
>>
>>63708274
Lots of amazing shit here. Make sure to go through Elliott Smith's discography chronologically!
>>
>>63706500
what's the name of torts' album?
>>
I have been busy doing normie stuff, but apparently I was banned anyway. Now I finally have time to listen to SftB for the grand finale of my tournament. I like the spoken words parts, but I'm not too fond of the postrocky elements. Maybe that's a bit pleb to say but so far I prefer Children of God over Soundtracks.
Btw I saw Pere Ubu 2 days ago. It was nice, but not as good as when I saw them the first time about 2 years ago.
>>
Joanna Newsom was great

I'm hungover

hooray!
>>
Switching to a a 10-point scale now.

>Absolutely Freak Out (Zap Your Mind!)
This is actually one of the better ones I've heard from AMT. A few of the long suite tracks are long-form freakouts, like they do best. It's quite long, so there are some parts that don't quite go anywhere at all. But then some of the composed, non-improvised sections are great, "The Incipient Light of the Echoes," for example. 7.5/10
>>
Remaining tracks fo the Ftarri Collection CD 1 were great. The first one is strange cause of the Akiyama/Nakamura/Butcher aka sax and Unami-esque guitar conversations with the static noise in the back. Very effective.

The third track from Yoshihide/Nakamura/Hankil is a rather traditional prepared turntable exercise. If you like your Yoshihide, you will like this.
>>
annnnd finished.
the pilgrim was just as soul crushing as i expected.
>>
>>63709445
oh also it was on of the musician's birthdays and they brought him a cake on stage and it was really cute and everybody in the theatre sang happy birthday
>>
>>63705902
Topster is bugging out for me, so here's my pretty recent chart.

>>63707263
A few albums on there are easy candidates for best ever for a bunch of people, so idk about "shitty"

>>63706671
Dope background yo. What's the source?
>>
File: calllllllllllllll.png (2 MB, 1105x872) Image search: [Google]
calllllllllllllll.png
2 MB, 1105x872
how's my next month looking?
>>
File: .png (139 KB, 286x583) Image search: [Google]
.png
139 KB, 286x583
>>63710259
i only recognize one of those albums
>>
>>63710259
looking bloody good t b h f a m. New tim hecker is beast. gensho not so much I don't think
>>
>>63710405
oh hi again vortex guy
>>
>>63710426
hello rude nameless guy
>>
>>63710470
i didnt really mean to seem rude..
it's just usually when i look at the chart thread there's a lot of cool stuff but in this most recent one there isn't
>>
is there a topster chart for the RYM top 100?
it can be a bit outdated
>>
File: 1458998135380.jpg (3 MB, 2362x1831) Image search: [Google]
1458998135380.jpg
3 MB, 2362x1831
>>63710028
Here you are.
>>
File: at cannes angry dog.png (143 KB, 191x191) Image search: [Google]
at cannes angry dog.png
143 KB, 191x191
sync you fuccs
>>
Ftarri CD 2 kicks off with Noid/Kai Fagaschinski / Axel Dörner/Taku Unami trio wanking in order. It takes some time to rise up and begins similarly to the infamous Quartet, where all the musicians seem to be waiting forever. Occasionally they pleasure each other with a single note before going back into musical reclusion. Maybe 15 minutes in they get more active with screeches and clock-like percussion to try and bring in some vitality to the piece, but I would say that this untitled track is more dead than alive. Meditative nature of Unami's playing is something I do enjoy but even the resonating notes do not excite me on here that much. Nice drums though.
>>
>>63710666
>trio
fuck! I meant quartet.
Check those trips though.
>>
Sunrise was just as good as I remembered and seeing it on a big screen was phenomenal :) the musicians played really well and the music seemed to fit the move very good. Back to studying now.
How has your evening, /daily/?

>>63710682
Trips for trio

>>63710637
Maybe if you ask more nicely...
>>
Are all you faggots like 16 years old?
Because only that could explain how pathetic these threads are.
>>
>>63710935
did you get that Bach autograph?
>>63710973
I'm almost 17!
>>
>>63710935
>How has your evening, /daily/?
My evening has fine, the music fit the move quite decently.
>>
>>63710935
please come sync nerd
>>
i have a question

does anyone actually use the messaging function on rym?

am i being left out without knowing it?
>>
>>63710973
Guaranteed Replies: The Post: The Movie: The Video Game 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>63711030
yes
>>
>>63711052
aw :[
>>
>>63711062
i'm kidding no one does
>>
File: .png (127 KB, 302x429) Image search: [Google]
.png
127 KB, 302x429
>>63711089
oh phew!
>>
>>63711031
Cliched Response: The Old Meme: The Sarcasm: The Unfunny Joke 2
>>
File: artist tournament.png (3 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
artist tournament.png
3 MB, 3136x1996
>>63711031
Hey you won my tournament! Congratulations! You can give me some of your fav albums or your rym/chart if you want to, I'll drone you a bit.
>>
>>63710666

Oh hey Satan
>>
>>63710980
No but really, this is like I'm watching a bunch of Fantano-worshipping teenagers doing their best to pull off a "refined" patrician act. Shit is embarrassing. I'll bet next to none of you even know music theory.

>>63711031
Yeah, you're definitely 16.
>>
>>63711230
uh, you guys usually dont mention fantano. What about this thread makes you say that?
>>
File: superior taste.jpg (1 MB, 1485x1455) Image search: [Google]
superior taste.jpg
1 MB, 1485x1455
>>63711146
neato
>>
>>63711146
What's this? Are you like playing some sort of retarded elimination/rating game with albums?
Jesus, are you fucking autistic? Like, legitimately autistic?
>>
>>63711282
hmmmm......
This is a stretch...but I think you might enjoy Noise Rock
>>
>>63711146
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Magus_The_Sexy

Take whatever interests you from my 5.0s thru 4.0s. I was going to make an updated top 100 but topsters appears to be rather dead today.

>>63711282
no
>>
File: 1412621545125.jpg (171 KB, 768x820) Image search: [Google]
1412621545125.jpg
171 KB, 768x820
reminder to NOT reply to dumb spammers
>>
What does the verb "to drone" mean in these threads?
>>
File: droning.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
droning.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>63711386
Wanna get droned nerd?
>>
>>63711386
listening to other people's favourite albums
>>
File: cal.png (4 MB, 2500x2100) Image search: [Google]
cal.png
4 MB, 2500x2100
>>63711339
thanks!

Now that my tourney is finished, I'll continue with this chart.
>>
>>63711404
yes
>>
File: sent.jpg (65 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
sent.jpg
65 KB, 283x424
>>63711826
sent
>>
>>63711467
do Menace Ruine next
>>
File: April Chart 1.jpg (3 MB, 1298x1353) Image search: [Google]
April Chart 1.jpg
3 MB, 1298x1353
>>63705902
Here's my April so far. I have to change 10+ things on it, but Topsters is fucking up right now :/

Also, what first?

>>63711379
I'll try ;_;

>>63706316
was thinking of doing a chart like this. Cool idea!
>>
>>63712276
Another Thought
>>
>>63712276
Get some Sleep
>>
topsters dude here. topsters broken af oops, dunno what happend.
>>
>>63712276
>improvised music from japan
might wanna give this 10 slots
>>
>>63712357
>topsters dude here
Like you operate topsters? Or did you create it? Huh.

FIX IT MANG I NEED TO MEME

>>63712360
yeah. I think I'm gonna edit it out and just do a separate chart all together for all 10 discs.
>>
>>63708860
something by Lim Kim, I think it's k-pop
>>
>>63712390
yea one of the two creators.
>>
>>63712440
prove ur the real topsters dude by answering this question: how many are 2+2

only real topster dude can answer
>>
>>63712440
wow even celebrities are frequenting daily
>>63712032
will do later but I'm listening to Dopethrone right now
>>
File: Spring Chart.png (3 MB, 1752x1319) Image search: [Google]
Spring Chart.png
3 MB, 1752x1319
Added Henry Cow rating, listening to Unrest rn
this band is good
>>
>>63712440
can you sign my cock
>>
>>63711386
What term said but also a pejorative term describing how someone's taste is heavily influenced by someone elses, someone with no opinions of his own
>>
File: msuic.png (2 MB, 1640x910) Image search: [Google]
msuic.png
2 MB, 1640x910
>I abused animal
Pedal steel guitar + voice. On most tracks, the pedal guitar is used to create atmosphere and accompany her scattered singing which is not an attraction for me, and two tracks the pedal is used to create some not too impressive noise.
Don't like it.
>>63712561
>Added Henry Cow rating
where
>>
>>63713396
Jorge Ben When
>>
File: Spring Chart.png (3 MB, 1752x1319) Image search: [Google]
Spring Chart.png
3 MB, 1752x1319
>>63713396
fug
>>
>>63713418
well everybody keeps asking me to do it so very soon
I see it tagged as soul (or at least a subgenre of it), would you really say it has soul influences/sound?
>>63713434
>8
anyway, finish the winter chart nerd
also just noticed Heather on your chart as well
enjoy if you can, I couldn't
>>
>>63713544
>>8
what's the implication here

also I'm gonna finish winter chart, i listened to Dogbowl the other day, only jazz left, and not really in the mood for jazz
>>
>what's the implication here

>henry cow
>good
>>
bitch-ass, cuckmade thread right here boy
put that in your pipe and smoke it
>>
>>63713665
Ok.
>>
File: 1450890446090.png (338 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1450890446090.png
338 KB, 488x488
>>63713665
ok sir
>>
>>63713675
what's with the retarded symbols in your name, man?
you transylvanian or some shit?
>>
>>63713701
SAVAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEE
SAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4
>>
>>63713707
I am.
>>
>>63713741
what's the weather like there, man?
you doin' it dracula, man? you doin it legit?
>>
>>63713758
Weather's nice right now. Good weather for crops.
Doing it Dracula, all day every day succin' blood.
>>
>>63713779
my man

ONLY WAY TO DO IT
>>
File: (810649736).jpg (65 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
(810649736).jpg
65 KB, 604x453
>Brand New - The Devil...
Melodic, nice singing, nice riffs, nice lyrics, a few generic songs I didn't like. 8/10

>Texas is The Reason - Do You Know...
Sounds like Diary, however it's happier and with cooler riffs and second half of the album is not as good desu. 7/10

>Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Antennas to Heaven
I don't know what to say. It's really beautiful to me, but I don't know enough about post-rock. 8/10

>Morphine - Good
Again, it's pretty good, but I don't know shit about jazz besides listening to King Crimson's Red. 8/10
>>
>>63714707
now listen to F#A#infinity and see how far the rabbit hole goes
>>
File: Freeform Chart 2.png (2 MB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 2.png
2 MB, 1560x720
Mark Fosson - The Lost Takoma Sessions (2006)
>american primitivism

This guy is one hell of a player, like honestly one of the best I've ever heard in the genre of primitivism. But his compositions are /very/ reminscent of Fahey's, and nearly completely lack originality. He doesn't have the spiritual edge of Basho, he doesn't have the folk rock style of Kottke, its just unabashed Fahey worship. But he does it /incredibly/ well, so I still like this album a lot.

Pete La Roca - Basra (1965)
>hard bop, modal jazz

The most fun, chill, and groovy bop album of all time. The main bad thing about this album is that its last track is a bit of a let down, but this album managed to be so fun and simple-sounding while still being /incredibly/ complex and instrumentally proficient. Good stuff.

3.5-
>>
>>63715911
>The most fun, chill, and groovy bop album of all time.
Have you heard Turkish Women at the Bath? Because I think it is simultaneously funner, chiller, groovier and bopier than Basra.
>>
>>63715951
okay it might be slightly less chill than Basra but I stand by the other ones.
>>
>>63715951
>>63716008
no, but ill hear it soon!
>>
File: 1newbacklogupdate.png (3 MB, 1627x1637) Image search: [Google]
1newbacklogupdate.png
3 MB, 1627x1637
In Dreams was mega comfy

idk what's next
probably either the mozart symphonies or stravinsky

speaking of, eruditey what's the status of the classical tourney?
>>
>>63715911
hello what track listing should Frictionalism have? As listed on the release view on RYM or with the bonus tracks added?
>>
File: a3754616672_10.jpg (498 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a3754616672_10.jpg
498 KB, 1200x1200
topsters fucked up, I need to learn the art of making charts in paint, I'm just gonna say this shit was p good, I don't even know where I have it from, probably some sharethread on /mu/. Well, this is one of the reasons sharethreads exist
>>
>>63716226
the tracklisting on rym is the tracklisting i love.
>>
>>63706004
nice chart, seeing lots of cool jazz stuff i might dig

>>63706108
the top 10 looks really good, but the rest looks pretty lame
whats the album to the left of ravedeath?

>>63706122
you picked the correct can album

>>63706184
too much dream pop for me

>>63706340
definitely

>>63706492
best c93 album at the top, nice
might drone you, best looking chart on here so far

>>63706671
>mfw havent heard a single album on there
whats the best thing on there

>>63707064
>what are you listening to, /daily/?
been listening to a lot of the essential jazz recently, everything is pretty ok but the only jazz albums ive been able to really get into are the avantgarde and free jazz ones

>>63707263
>666, fare forward voyagers, yeti, point of departure
pretty good chart man

>>63708274
everlovin/celestial power, tdotmats, and time machines are my favorite drone albums, youre gonna love em
the other three im not a fan of

the poseurcore row is really good, especially meme of naples and (sic) long season

you havent listened to that yet? jesus

>>63710259
pretty good, lots of good and bad 2016 shit
hyped for gero, and interested in what you think of gensho

>>63711282
pretty cool, got best sonic youth, plus nihilist spasm band!

>>63711379
ok i will stop replying to you from now on

>>63711386
its a meme term for listening to someone elses favorite albums
>>
>>63717091
Damn son, do you expect me to read all that?
>>
File: The Real Tortscore.png (3 MB, 1280x1020) Image search: [Google]
The Real Tortscore.png
3 MB, 1280x1020
>>63717091
o jeez did everyone post their charts here.

Sure I'll join in. Do me :"^)
>>
File: poseurcore progress.png (2 MB, 1463x1524) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore progress.png
2 MB, 1463x1524
Finished Faust. What a strange album. I'm honestly unsure as to how I feel about it. I think I would have enjoyed it more had the "circuscore" thing not been polluting my mind.

What's next?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.