[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think this album is so great?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png
67 KB, 300x300
Why do people think this album is so great?
>>
Super catchy composition and tight performance. It's really concise and lacks filler. Their attitude was cool at the time as well.
>>
>>63695230
this
>>
It's decent. Not too remarkable but it's alright.
>>
Pitchfork/NME/Rolling Stone told them to think that.
>>
>>63695230
This
Op confirmed faggot
>>
It's really comfy and it was the peak of their career (Before Julian became a washed up cuck)
>>
I like it because it's got the old school rock n roll attitude to it but it doesn't sound like they were ripping off any particular classic rock act. It's a nice revisit of rock music and is really fun to listen to overall
>>
It bored me almost as much as Weezer
>>
>>63695230
This

Listening to the album right now
>>
Hard to Explain best song.
>>
>>63695344
It doesn't really have soul though. It's pretty straightforward stuff and is basically a small step above pop music.
>>
>>63695230
Their attitude is cool as hell now too desuuuu
>>
>>63695230
Being a smug trust fundie doesn't really sound positive to me.
>>
>>63695437
From Last Night on is soulful af. Check Room On Fire, much better record.
>>
>>63695474
Thanks man, good job not being a cunt like everyone else on this board.
>>
>>63695416
Of the decade
>>
>>63695469
That doesn't matter. Rock music is about confidence.
>>
>>63695001
because it's objectively perfect.
>>
>>63695755
Growing up fed on a silver spoon without any financial worries and having your career handed to you on a silver fucking platter is not confidence. This is the exact "privilege" that the loony leftists talk about.
>>
>>63696557
How was his career handed to him?
>>
>>63696728
Have you not read the history of the band? Some of them met at a boarding school somewhere in Europe for christsake. A great deal of affluence could buy you an agent and connections in the music industry much easily. Granted, I understand that they started practicing early in life and possibly worked hard for their musicmanship and that their parental figures might not have approved their career choices but you can't tell me they had it that rough.

I do however like their music but I'm not buying into the whole "Rock and roll attitude" spiel
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.