[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I live in an apartment and was planning on getting an acoustic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: potatoisgood.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
potatoisgood.jpg
664 KB, 1920x1200
So, I live in an apartment and was planning on getting an acoustic guitar, namely the Yamaha FG700S. However, about 90% of songs I listen to and would want to play are played on electric.

Such as:

Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot
Lowlife - Eternity Road
Cocteau Twins - Cherry-Coloured Funk
Slowdive - Alison
Smashing - Pumpkins - Zero
DIIV - Under the Sun

Even with this, I'm still leaning towards the acoustic. Should I really consider getting a electric instead? The guitar and amp would need to cost the same as the FG700S, but the amp would have to be quiet enough for an apartment. I don't even know what electric guitar would be best for songs like I listed above.
>>
Suicide is always an option
>>
Just get a Mexican or high-end Squier Strat/Tele/Jazzmaster and you'll be fine dude
>>
>>63694542
mexican tele is the best starter electric guitar of all time
>>
>>63696206
I don't know why but I'm giving this post 10/10 for meme quality
>>
You realize you can
a) turn the fucking amp down
Or
b) unplug the fucking guitar from the amp and just play it like that
Right?
Plus can't you just hook up some headphones to your amp if you want to play around with effects or something?
>>
>>63694542
Roland micro cube with epiphone les paul special.
>>
>>63694542
Playing songs originally on electric on an acoustic guitar is still fun and sounds good

Unless you need pedals, of course

You should probably just get one of each eventually if you really care that much
>>
>>63694542
depends on your skill level. since you don't already own an acoustic I'd recommend that since electric is naturally more for motif, lead, and dynamics...which is rooted from all acoustic implementations anyways. It'd be more satisfying to be good at acoustic first imo .
>>
My advice for true beginners is to start on acoustic. If you own only an acoustic, you have very little room to become a gear-fag (thinking you need to upgrade all of your shit). It's just you and your instrument, no pedals, no adjustments and modifications, no distractions. Get an acoustic, take lessons through Justin guitar, and then go for an electric when the acoustic becomes limiting.
>>
>>63696586
>>>63694542
>Roland micro cube with epiphone les paul special.

Mmm.... dat cube comes wit amp models as well as wide variety of effects built in all for just over hundred smackers. Wise. That bolt-on LP just over a Benjamin too. We'll done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.