[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg (34 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
34 KB, 300x294
thoughts on this album?
>>
I think its pretty good, still not as good as Animals is though.

Probably my third favorite PF album
>>
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is pretty great.
>>
I don't think he likes eggs enough
>>
marmalade, I like marmalade
>>
'If' is good

I don't really care about anything else.
>>
The opening score is great but I'm not always up for it. The middle 3 songs are all great and I love how each has a different singer. Personally I think Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is kind of bullshit and almost always skip it. AHM has some good things going for it but the stuff that gets in the way is kind of hard to ignore when it's most of the album.
>>
breastmilky/10
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (14 KB, 1520x86) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
14 KB, 1520x86
Let's reference the only critic that matters...
>>
>>63694424
kek
>>
>>63694086
He sure as hell likes marmalade though

One of their best imo, very light and carefree, helps me relax a lot. It is very refreshing to hear something so soft after listening to harder music for a while. This is probably the only album where the Rick Wright is not the lightest track. Quite the contrary actually, as I think it's the harshest to the ears on the album.

Marmalade/10
>>
>>63694424
>dude vague comments lmao
>dude sardonic humor lmao
>dude anything i don't like is pretentious lmao
>dude scissors and bombs lmao
>>
IMO it's in the top 5 Pink Floyd albums. I'd probably rank it behind Wish You Were Here, The Dark Side of the Moon and Animals and on par with Meddle and The Wall.
>>
>>63694490
He's really not sardonic though, more sassy
>>
Title track is really really awesome, but the rest is just okay.
>>
Fat Old Sun is a good song.
>>
>>63694044
Even Pink Floyd themselves say this is one of their worst albums. Bottom 5 of theirs for me.
>>
>>63697560
>Even Pink Floyd themselves say this is one of their worst albums.
i wouldn't take their word very seriously
>>
One of my favorite Floyd albums, tied for first with "Animals" and "Ummagumma"
>>
>>63697955
Don't listen to the people that actually made the music. Yeah. Ok.

Atom Heart Mother is a poor album of half baked ideas by a band that was desperately trying to find it's creative way
after Barrett left. All bought together rather poorly under the auspices of Ron Geesin. Waters is right. It belongs in the dustbin.
>>
>>63697560
The band also thinks that The Wall was good and Ummagumma was bad.
They've got awful taste, even in their own music
>>
File: 1453441429646.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453441429646.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>Atom Heart Mother
>Feature a cow

>Animals
>Features a nuclear factory
>>
>>63698982
I don't think a "nuclear factory" is a thing
>>
Atom Heart Mother is my graduation song.
>>
>>63698982
>Battersea Power Station
>Nuclear
>in the middle of London

I don't think so Tim
>>
>>63697560
Ok? Their opinion doesn't matter to me, really.
>>
>>63694061
shut up you faggot

but yes, I agree
>>
Better than The Wall
>>
File: Cov.jpg (19 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Cov.jpg
19 KB, 750x750
Superior album
>>
>>63700036
That's like saying "better than BrokeNCYDE"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.