[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw Gira live. Holy shit man, it was pretty fucking depressing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (322 KB, 2000x1127) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
322 KB, 2000x1127
Just saw Gira live.

Holy shit man, it was pretty fucking depressing.

New live EP by the way
>>
>>63690583
Fake & Gay
>>
File: 2.jpg (143 KB, 1000x756) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
143 KB, 1000x756
>>63690615
signed too
:)
>>
Dumb homo
>>
>>63690725
The quality of recording is fucking excellent btw
>>
>>63690583

>Holy shit man, it was pretty fucking depressing.

As in "his music is so good it gets me down" or "can't believe this old man is still fucking trying"?
>>
>>63690583
Why was it depressing?
>>
>>63690795
It was great.
The start was a little rocky, but then he played a song from the new album which was really depressing.
He said something along the lines of "this next song is about something very terrible that happened to my wife which she had to deal with" and the lyrics were about a very graphic and violent rape.
>>
How do we know this isn't fake?
>>
>>63690896
It would take a lot of effort for me to fake that entire inside info.
>>
>>63690896
Does it particularly matter?
>>
Obvious Photoshop job.
>>
>>63690934

Yet you glued the CD tray on the wrong side
>>
>>63690583
Is it the sound of him raping women?
>>
>>63690963
it says stylized by phil puleo, he had the drummer do this shit for a bonus or something, and he half assed it. understandable.
>>
>>63690989
>>>/b/
>>
>>63690963
or, you know, it could be flipped over
>>
Obv fag is obv.
>>
>>63691019

So the info are upside down
>>
This could only have been posted by a TS.
>>
>>63691068
the info is contained on a seperate sheet of paper, you blind fool
>>
File: sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit.jpg (36 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit.jpg
36 KB, 500x389
>>63691100

oh
>>
"I Am Not This"

nice title, wish he would do solo tours in US
>>
>>63690583
Do a FLAC rip with EAC
>>
>>63690863
Oh yeah I heard about that song from her post and from /mu/, I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound like he's going to omit the song.
>>
its obviously fake, otherwise he would have ripped it and uploaded to mega already
>>
>>63691425
I see what you're doing there, but I'm in a good mood.

https://mega.nz/#F!Q8NXCRYB!sBGeQ0iXY0YbwX4-91mPMA
>>
>>63691409
Yeah I think he said she is supposed to be singing it as well
>>
>>63691503

this is an adam sandler album fuck off
>>
>>63692198
What's wrong with Adam Sandler?
>>
>>63690641
that's not how you spell Michael Gira
>>
>>63692301
his signature is pretty unreadable desu.
But he was in very good spirits when I saw him, very smiley
>>
>>63692500
I know I am just messing with you
when I went to see Swans last year he would sign anything you bought from his booth for free and he literally just drew squiggly circles like a slinky
>>
>>63690583
So are these recordings of him playing the songs solo? Or is it just a compilation of the songs pulled from various albums?
>>
>>63692907
It's actually just compilation.
I thought it was new at first, it's not. Woman at the booth misled me desu.
There is new material though, uploaded one song above. It's Song for a Warrior sung by Gira
>>
How loud does he play solo? Surely he tones it down?
>>
>>63693269
kind of
He only had a plugged in acoustic but he was pretty loud.
He played some new tracks and some old Swans and angels of light reinterpreted. played Lunacy, Jim, Amnesia, and god damn the sun. plenty other I can't recall atm
>>
any rape talk?
>>
wish i could see him live, i'm in love with his acoustic shows. In general terms, Michael's music is pretty depressing and i guess that the sexual assault accusations may affected him in some way.
>>
>>63694122
no mention, but i left after getting the autograph.
No idea if anyone asked him, who was in the queue, it was a lot of people tho

>>63694365
I didn't see it as effecting him, he was playing very depressing music, but was in a good mood at the signing
>>
Well, then i guess that Swans shows are more powerfull. Personally i'd love to be in one of acoustic, maybe cause he puts so much soul on these kind of events, for the vids i've seen, he's a better interpreter with an acoustic guitar on his hands.
>>
>>63691636
>>63691409
Oh my god this albums is going to be amazing. Helping his wife grieve with this via a song might also be a good way to dispel some of the controversy over his supposed rape of Grim.
It's funny how big that got, to the point where it was far past the point that either one of them wanted it to be.
>>
>>63692533
OMG when I went I met up with this guy who had him sign his dip spit bottle
>>
>>63690583
TUMBLER SHILL
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.