[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
memes aside, is there any other folk that goes this hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
memes aside, is there any other folk that goes this hard?
>>
it's not folk
>>
mumford and sons are the new NMH so give them a try
>>
Check out the Mountain Goats' early work if you like the lo-fi and the lyrics, their more recent work if you're just into the lyrics.
Other folk-punk is pretty similar to this as well- try Andrew Jackson Jihad; Ghost Mice and Against Me! are alright as long as you're not put off by the SJW undertones (and in Against Me!'s case, overtones)
Andrew Bird's been a recent favorite of mine as well, check him out. Skip his first album though, he didn't really find his sound until later on in his career
>>
if you like /mu/core, The Glow Part II by The Microphones
>>
>>63690189
>Other folk-punk is pretty similar to this as well- try Andrew Jackson Jihad; Ghost Mice and Against Me! are alright as long as you're not put off by the SJW undertones (and in Against Me!'s case, overtones)

Is there any folk punk that doesn't pander to the liberal hivemind? I feel like the genre has potential for me but every good band is like "god i hate being white xD"
>>
>>63690310
this, 10/10 better than neutral shit hotel
>>
>>63690629
Well that was just mean...
>>
>>63690310
you mean if you like bad singing and boring instrumentals

hue
>>
>>63690429
Mischief Brew is pretty anti-establishment. Also my favorite if the genre.
>>
>>63689811
Paul McCartney's first two albums
>>
>>63690189
AJJ has SJW overtones too though. Multiple white guilt songs.
>>
The Bunny Album doesn't actually have too many white guilt songs.
>>
Sun Kil Moon & Jesu
>>
>>63691290
Yeah, but Samurai Sword, my shitposting friend.
>>
Violent Femmes's self-titled album
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.