[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my formal apology to /mu/ and My Bloody Valentine and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: loveless.jpg (109 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109 KB, 660x660
This is my formal apology to /mu/ and My Bloody Valentine and Loveless.

I tried listening to this album a few years ago. I hated it. I thought it was trash, glorified background music. I thought it was overrated.

A couple of months ago I tried again, still nothing.

I knew I was doing something wrong. This album is one of the most acclaimed albums of all time, I must be doing something wrong.

And oh, I was.

About a week ago, I listened at about 4 in the morning. I had just finished talking to a girl that I am hopelessly in love with who also happens to have a boyfriend.

I laid back, and listened, and let it take me over.

I can't stop listening since then. It's the most incredible music experience every time I listen.

So I want to apologize for thinking this album was ever bad.
>>
>>63681746
almost exact same thing happened with me friend
>>
The exact same happened to me with this album and Merriweather Post Pavilion
>>
>>63681777
>>63681783
You are now my friends.
>>
>>63681746
Loveless is a grower. Nobody should dismiss it without seriously trying to get into it.
>>
>>63681860
yet here were are... people shitpost about albums theyve heard 1/3 of the way through all the time
>>
>>63681860
>not liking this album from the very beginning

Plebs, all of you
>>
>>63681887
GTFO elitist fuckwit.
>>
>>63682080
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>63681887
ikr, their inferior minds need to adapt to it
>>
>>63681887
Loveless is my favorite album of all time, and I disliked it the first time I heard it. Only Shallow was the only palatable track for me back then. 350 listens later, and I appreciate every single track (except maybe WYS, cuz that shit is blaaaand)
>>
>>63681746
Okay, maybe i will keep this album
>>
Shit, now there will be a whole new crop of shoegaze bands emulating the mbv sound instead of coming up with their own...
>>
>>63682119
>not liking when you sleep
how?
>>
>>63682119
When You Sleep is really melodic. What's not to like about it?
>>
>>63682149
>>63682168
Blows its load on the first listen. It's the least sonically interesting track on the album, and the drums are too bright. People who think it's the best track on Loveless don't "get" the album.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/romaantica/new-slow-jam-working-title

Asked to write a slow track, mixed it last night.
>>
>>63681746
definitely a wonderful album. drop some acid and play this during sex
you won't regret it
>>
>>63682296
I've listened to the album an obscene amount of times, definitely my favourite album of all time, i still think when you sleep is one of the best songs on the album. captures the feeling of being in love better than any other song I have heard. it's not as texturally pretty as some of the other songs, but it has other attributes
>>
>>63682383
Fair enough. I shouldn't be spreading negativity in a Loveless thread anyway.
>>
>>63682476
nice man. on a related note i went to a party thing on the weekend and played loveless immensely baked at 5am around a fire with some people I had just met. they all loved it and asked me then and after the party what it was called, said that they couldnt stop thinking about it.
>>
>>63681746

same thing happened to me with Death Grips
>>
>>63681887
>not liking albums after multiple listens

pleb
>>
>>63682371
I would love to, but the sex part is kinda difficult to get.

It also took a while for me to really appreciate Loveless. The funny thing is that even my mother liked it a bit, when she heard it.
>>
Didn't get it the first few times either, safe for When You Sleep. But when it clicked, oh boy, was it an amazing experience.

There was a time when I put Touched on repeat for maybe a hundred times. Such an underrated little jewel of a song.
>>
This is entry-level music, it shouldn't take multiple listens to get. I *got* it the first time I listened to it.
>>
Kev here, thanks mate i appreciate it, but i'm never gonna top this
>>
Cuckcore confirmed. Lol
>>
i didnt like dis album @ 1st not cuz it was impenetrable 4me or something butt cuz it didnt rlly sit well wit me aesthetic wise

now i think its definitely a good album tho and dreamy in every meaning off dis word
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.