[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly makes Nickelback so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: nickelback-7016.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nickelback-7016.jpg
155 KB, 1024x768
What exactly makes Nickelback so bad?
>>
>>63680716
memes
>>
>>63680716
it's a canadian thing

during the early 2000's, nickelback was our only really popular "rock" band of any sort, so you can imagine how much they were overplayed here
>>
You should not curry the disgrace of sonorus. He is indevincible by any one man but myself, and i have chosen love over warness.
>>
first and foremost, the most grating cringy voice in rock. Their songs are generic and soulless. The wal mart of music
>>
For some reason they're the focus of plebs' hate, yet Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are worshipped as heroes of rock by these same people.

It's like they're the The Big Bang Theory and the Foo Fighters are Friends. One is the focus of extreme bandwagon hate, despite both being the same awful crap.
>>
>>63681124
Actually foo fighters get a lot of hate even on reddit. They're both popular bands though
>>
>>63680716
cause we all just wanna be big rockstars, living in hilltop houses driving 15 cars. The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap.
>>
>>63680716
>Buttrock
>GravelVocals
>Generic
>>
>>63680716
LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH
>>
>>63681140
They're so popular that they're part of the "hall of fame"

https://www.reddit.com/r/music/wiki/halloffame
>>
>>63681124
Yeah Grohl definitely has a meme voice but Foo Fighters at one point had some pretty good songs. Nickelback has always been a joke
>>
>>63681243
The whole Post-grunge scene is a fucking joke, but Nickelback is the worst offender.
>>
>>63680716
It's definitely fashionable to hate Nickelback just because these days. However, this album gives me a much better reason to dislike them - they suck. I'm not ashamed to admit I really liked a lot of their older stuff - even All The Right Reasons had some quality stuff on it. But here they really lost their way. For a start, I don't think there is a single lyric on this album that isn't cringeworthy or outragesously unimaginative. The band have lost all their genuine rawness and attack, as has Chad Kroeger's voice. "Something in Your Mouth", despite being about the oh-so-controversial and shocking topic of blowjobs, does have a decent groove to it, in a very strip-club oreintated way, but is nearly utterly ruined by Chad's pseudo-rap. And then it only goes downhill. "Burn it to the Ground" and "S.E.X." try to ignite the energy of older material, but they just don't have the riffs or the songwriting - they sound incredibly half-arsed. "Just to Get High" also hints at the mid-tempo, "serious" songs that Nickelback used to be pretty good at, but it's just all a bit contrived. And basically, aside from those songs, the rest of the album comprises of GOD-AWFUL BALLADS. "I'd Come for You" is ironically NOT about sex, and is just insufferable, with "If Today was Your Last Day" not being much better. Then "This Afternoon" offers a final hope of feeling that "It's not so bad! Let's just chill out and have a beer - Nickelback aren't THAT bad!", with its acoustic, chilling party vibe. But no. Hearing the band chatting and laughing over most of the song, and Chad telling me all about how they'll be drinking til 6am and how they totally defy their landlord doesn't make me want to "hang out" with them, it just makes me want to hit them all in their stupid faces. Sorry Nickelback, I think you should be quiet now.
>>
Niggerbackrida', aided by his aidsmin, ell eseeride', will vanquish this world and the next, sonorosu is the chosen one to end mainstream, underground, overbase, and trenchcoatmaze. Amen
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.