[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE AVANTGARDE LMAO DUDE INCOHERENT SONG STRUCTURES LMAO DUDE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 51sBFJYnq6L.jpg (40 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
51sBFJYnq6L.jpg
40 KB, 500x496
DUDE AVANTGARDE LMAO

DUDE INCOHERENT SONG STRUCTURES LMAO

DUDE BAD SINGING ON PURPOSE LMAO

DUDE WEIRD-FOR-THE-SAKE -OF-BEING-WEIRD LMAO
>>
Is it weird that I found this album oddly accessible? I thought it was supposed to be some fu ked up shit, but I guess being new to this pretentious crap helps.
>>
>>63679145
Not weird at all
It's a pop album, a big seller, very popular, millions of fans
>>
>>63679097
>be magic band
>starving
>beefheart makes you say fast and bulbous 100 times because it's not right
>wont let you leave
>contemplating suicide
>>
>>63679179
Then why do people complain, jesus christ, it's like they never sat through a record before.
>>
DUDE SHITPOSTING LMAO
>>
>>63679199
I want to get off Captain Beefheart's wild ride.
>>
>>63679179
Yeah pretty much this
>>
>>63679097
>DUDE WEIRD-FOR-THE-SAKE -OF-BEING-WEIRD LMAO
it isn't
>DUDE BAD SINGING ON PURPOSE LMAO
obviously isn't

Radiohead.
>>
>>63679097
literally kill yourself holy shit
>>
What a pointless fucking thread
>>
>>63679199
lmao
>>
The singing really is bad. I find it cringy, but oh well
>>
I'm not losing sleep over it, but I'm not the biggest fan either.. People tell me it grows on them though -- and I can't say I've given it a chance to do that as of today..

y u mad?
>>
>>63679097
Reported.
>>
>>63679097
is this album postmodern?
>>
File: averygoodrecord.png (2 MB, 1938x715) Image search: [Google]
averygoodrecord.png
2 MB, 1938x715
>>
Why do people get so upset about this album?
>>
>>63679097
This is an album that's interesting, but it's uncomfortable and unenjoyable to listen to. It actually requires a lot of effort on your part to understand what your hearing, which is when you realize that it's ridiculously well composed music.
>>
How are the song structures incoherent? They're polyrythmic, sure, but each song is distinct and their overall structures can be made out by paying some fucking attention (having good speakers/headphones helps, too).
>>
This album makes me happy when I listen to it <3
>>
DUDE PUTTING "DUDE" AT THE BEGINNING AND "LMAO" AT THE END OF A PHRASE DOESN'T INVALIDATE THE PHRASES LMAO
>>
>>63679097
I like it. I mean, I just heard it for the first time about 3 days ago. I think it has a southern liousiana vibe. its unique enough. and its an experience of some sort... its also a meme these days i guess.
>>
You guys realize this same thread was made yesterday and probably the day before that too, right?
>>
I don't mind it.

But the worst is when people say that you don't fully "understand" or "appreciate" music if you don't like it.

It's okay if you don't like it.
>>
When I first heard the album I hated it. But I took /mu/'s advice and gave it a few more listens. With each listen I started to like it more and more. Maybe I've been memed into liking it but I keep going back to it every day. Each time you listen to the album you notice things you never did last time, it has very interesting sounds and Horn Rollo's guitar playing is great. Start with Moonlight on Vermont, reminds me a lot of Frusciante's style
>>
>>63681052
literally how
>>
>>63680686
hotheads tend to get aggressive when they experience something they don't understand
>>
You guys keep making this thread over and over trying to fight history. Youre not going to remove it from the rock canon.
>>
>>63683231

Frusciante (and Flea) is such a huge fan of Beefheart, but then again they're both influenced by so many musicians it's ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXcvJu2nCUY
>>
>>63681095
It's not coherent at all. Sounds like the instruments are fighting against each other instead of harmonizing. The terrible mixing doesn't help too.
>>
>>63682695

Yes, we do, you're not smarter and we like to shitpost. Even those who answered are pretending to be triggered.
>>
Beefheart is more proof that dadaism is the worst thing to happen in music
>>
I actually kind of like this album, upon first listen.
Is this normal, /mu/?
>>
>>63683547
You're the one. You're the ultimate patrician prophesied by the ancients to come and rescue /mu/ dawning a new golden age.
>>
>>63683547
WITNESSED
>>
>implying beefheart's singing is bad
>>
>>63683735
it's soulful. gritty, gravelly, growl-y
>>
>>63679257
It's exactly like that
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.