[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Thoughts?
>>
>>63677270
How nice?
>>
Electric Ladyland >>>>>>>> Are You Experienced > Axis Bold As Love
>>
>>63677304
This is the first Jimi Hendrix album I've ever listened to and I felt underwhelmed after finishing it because all the reviews said it was fantastic and stuff. Is electric ladyland actually better? Should I check it out?
>>
>>63677330
You have to understand that it was released 50 years ago. The things Hendrix did with his guitar were revolutionary then, but they're not so impressive nowadays.

He only has 3 studio albums, give Axis Bold As Love a listen, and then Electric Ladyland. Always worth going chronologically if it's feasible.

You might enjoy Axis more as it is quite a bit more stonery and out there. Electric Ladyland takes it up another notch though.

Whether you really enjoy Hendrix or not, it's a good idea to listen to his music, just because of how central a figure he was to the evolution of rock music at the end of the 60s.
>>
>>63677430
You certainly know your stuff, thanks man I'll be sure to check the rest out.
>>
third stone from the sun is my go-to smoking song
>>
>>63677264
I'm by no means an avid Hendrix listener, but I've always got the impression that Electric Ladyland was much more harder and psychedelic album, while pic related was more rooted in the blues. Take that as you will.

People on this website don't give Hendrix enough credit. I think people don't understand the amount of influence he had on funk music. If you are digging something with a poppier edge, check out Parliament.
>>
Check the resume
>>
just got into hendrix a couple years ago but I'm in love with that shit.

Are you experienced has many catchy accesible tracks. It's his most pop-y album if you don't mind me saying it that way.

Axis is good too but Electric Ladyland is on another level. Psychedelic af while still keeping that blues feel. Voodoo Chile (the long one) is just incredible and especially on acid. Good times. I love all the weird noisy stuff too, like the intro
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.