[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to bomb their offices. All they talk about now is drake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I want to bomb their offices. All they talk about now is drake and top 40 music fuck my god damned life
>>
they've been taking the d(rake) for a while now family

but yeah there are many little things that i've noticed have changed ever since conde nast took over that i'm sure will become worse over time

and the new site design is absolute shit
>>
File: 7bY0v.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
7bY0v.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>2016
>giving a shit about p4k
>>
>>63676107
what's changed editorially since conde nast took over? pitchfork has covered pop music for a long time now.
>>
>>63676128
this

Marcel is where to go for new music recommendations now senpai
>>
i checked in on pitchfork at random a while back and i couldn't help but laugh at how their frontpage consisted 90% of pop music and rap now
not even "smart and sophisticated" rap and pop but the sort of shit you'd see on a site marketed towards teenage girls
>>
>>63676079
Ever since conde nast bought them out its basically been buzzfeed 2.0 electric boogaloo
>>63676137
Yeah but they used to be pretentious hipster fuckwads that we would laugh at and now it's just generic pc garbage like every other website on the Internet
>>
>>63676153
isn't like 5 years until you're old enough to post here?
>>
>>63676137
yes they have. but that's not what has changed. nor will it be.
>>
Pitchfork is just more ironic than /mu/. We have to accept defeat
>>
>>63676153
Go to bed Marcel
>>
>>63676187
Marcel is 16 senpai
>>
there wasn't even a p4k thread tonight was there?

p4k IS F I N I S H E D
>>
>>63676153
You're underage marcel
>>
>>63676182
>>63676189
idk what the hell this means. how are they anymore "PC" than they were before? if you want to make that criticism, fine but they've always been like that. do you have any examples?
>>
>>63676079
so whats the next pitchfork?
>>
>>63676243
MEGHAN GARVEY
E
G
H
A
N

G
H
A
R
V
E
Y
>>
>>63676243
it's not pc either, obviously. i could make a list of all the things i've noticed but i'd rather not. they're little for now but very telling. some of them include scores/reviews. some of them are much more subtle.
>>
>>63676243
what about that dumb shit about white people in indie
>>
File: GIu4KlUt.png (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GIu4KlUt.png
18 KB, 400x400
>>63676254
pic related
>>
>>63676254
Marcel
>>
>>63676323
absolutely

fantano is influential to the pre-18 crowd because all they do is watch youtube, which may or may not pan out well for him in the future
>>
>>63676263
garvey doesn't even write there anymore. looked it up and she wrote reviews since conde nast bought the site. last one was in december.

>>63676283
one dumb article is hardly proof of anything. pitchfork has written plenty of dumb shit way before the buyout.
>>
>>63676399
>she wrote reviews

that was suppose to say she wrote 3 reviews
>>
>>63676399
How about the TPAB review where that fag was gushing about how it had just the right amount of blackness or something
>>
>>63676381
yeah, i've been visiting TMT for a while now but they're definitely improved since the site update. i love how diverse their interests are. good to see them growing and getting more recognition.
>>
File: giphy.gif (381 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
381 KB, 500x300
>>63676323
Also came to post TMT.
>>
>>63676413
that fag is craig jenkins who wrote at pitchfork and other places for years and that review is pretty much in line with his most of his writing.

the implication from everyone here is that conde nast is forcing pitchfork to be more "PC" or push some "SJW" agenda or some shit but i don't see how anyone who has paid any attention to the site couldn't see that's the direction it was heading, buyout or no buyout. if you think pitchfork sucks, just say pitchfork sucks. your conspiracy theories are dumb
>>
>>63676079
BUT DUDE THEY'RE SO PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>63676464
I don't read p4k so I don't really know but the fact that the media is sucking the BBC more than ever isn't a conspiracy
>>
File: turnup.png (180 KB, 439x400) Image search: [Google]
turnup.png
180 KB, 439x400
>>63676323
So beyond excited for Tiny's Babyfather review. I know it's comin'!
>>
>>63676558
why bother when marcel already reviewed it
>>
>>63676601
who?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.