[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Tool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (124 KB, 300x257) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 300x257
What does /mu/ think of Tool?
>>
literal borefest
>>
shit
>>
meh
>>
>>63673783
great band
>>
Simultaneously over and under rated.

I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THEM
>>
Ethan?
>>
>>63674821
No.
>>
>>63673783
They're ok I guess.

Fanbase is terrible.
>>
Get too much shit for their fanbase but they're good.
>>
>>63673783
good

>>63675059
this. notice there are no 'horrible fans' to be found, just people talking about them.
>>
soft rock dronefest
>>
i mean they have the best drummer alive so it kinda compensates for their mediocre guitar work.
>>
>>63673783

One of the few metal bands I actually like, probably because I'm not a huge fan of metal to begin with.
>>
>it will be ten years come may 9th since Tool has released an album

Also probably my favorite band right now. Wish I never slept on them. Lateralus is fucking amazing.
>>
They're a great band, overrated by diehards who think they're one of the few bastions of intellectual metal yet underrated by those who completely dismiss them due to a pocket of particularly annoying fans.

>>63675059
If they deserve shit for anything it's for booing Tomahawk.

>>63675531
Well he's certainly one of the best in metal anyway.
>>
>>63673783
more like FOOL
amirite?
>>
Classic example of a band whose work gradually got worse and worse with each release

Undertow > Aenima > Opiate EP > Lateralus >>>>> 10000 Days
>>
>>63675495
>no 'horrible fans'
jej
>>
They're music is good but they're a bunch of fucking edge lords, especially Maynard.
>>
Fantastic music videos
>>
NEW ALBUM WHEN
>>
good music for snorting mothers ashes
>>
That drummer has no place being in a band with a guitarist so devoid of talent and a singer so edgy.
>>
>>63675858
Opiate is their first release
You can't compare it and Undertow with the others they compltely change style
>>
>>63676839
Made me laugh

They are good but I can only listen to 10,000 days and Lateralus because all the other stuff kind of sucks except for a few songs off Aenima. I like how they have such a heavy visual counterpart to their music as well.
>>
Irredeemable shit
>>
>>63673783
pretentious
>>
tool > tool's fanbase > people who feel the need to incessantly remind us how much they dislike tool's fanbase
>>
I love their vidyas. And I love their music with their vidyas. Their music without their vidyas seems kinda boring though.
>>
Loved them as a teenager, think they're incredible dull and immature now
>>
>>63677132
what are you into now?
>>
>>63673783
That was a fun phase of my life.
>>
File: 1459055034549.gif (2 MB, 260x152) Image search: [Google]
1459055034549.gif
2 MB, 260x152
not edgy enough for my dick
>>
>>63675531
>>63676867
Adam Jones is an excellent guitarist though. He serves the song. One of the best things about him is his self-restraint and apprehensive approach to shredding/soloing.
>>
>>63677274
totally agree
>>
they get shit for taking themselves too seriously, which they do, but few bands can make an album with a concept like Lateralus sound good.

>>63677151
vaporwave probably

>>63677154
same
>>
>>63677274
Power chord power chord power chord power chord
The best thing that dude can do is an inverted power chord. It's not restraing, he just has no idea what the fuck he is doing.
>>
>>63677383
So the fact that he doesn't shred is nothing more than a testament to his inability to play guitar. Got it.
>>
>>63677428
I'm not asking for shredding, I fucking hate shredding. I just want him to play a chord that's not a fucking power chord or a barre chord for once in his life. Hell, the day he plays a third I will personally suck him off for his great progress.
>>
>>63677455
Personnaly I'd like to hear him on another guitar than Gibson.
I mean, Gibson Gibson Gibson that's fucking boring music
>>
>>63677455
Fine, I see what you're saying, but what he does is perfect for their music. I'd only want to hear him change it up if it was what fit their sound. No use fixing what isn't broken.
>>
>>63677577
Well I obviously disagree that their music is "perfect" Innit?
>>
>>63677593
That's fine too ya know
>>
>>63677455
And that is why Tool can never be prog. Just some alt rock band with a really good drummer.
>>
>>63677455
Focusing on the use of power chord or not in Tool.
>>
File: neutral milk doge.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
neutral milk doge.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
>>63675900
>>
When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.
>>
>>63677877
crtl+v
>>
>>63677877
fuck you and tool
>>
I KNOW THE PIECES FIT
I KNOW THE PIECES FIT
I KNOW THE PIECES FIT
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.