[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate the likes of bands like The Black Keys, Alabama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: kjl;.jpg (38 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
kjl;.jpg
38 KB, 300x270
Why does /mu/ hate the likes of bands like The Black Keys, Alabama Shakes, Cage the Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, any catchy/new alternative?

Is it the simplicity? the entire scene in general? their followings? ANSWER ME /mu/ because I find myself listening to them often
>>
They're just 'meh'
>>
theyre garbege
>>
>>63672354
but whyyyyyyyy

tell me whyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>63672329
Im more indifferent to them than anything, I like a few Artic Monkey songs though
>>
I'm talking about /mu/ HATING them and thinking they're cringe af

I don't get it
>>
>>63672406
because it's music for plebs
>>
They're all bands that started out promisingly, each with their own unique footprint in the music industry. Then they all started copying each other and converged into a boring, minimalist blues sound that has completely over-saturated every "alternative" radio station that exists.

It's a mix of:
A. Dumbing down heir sound and music into something more accessible and less replayable
B. Oversaturation, which makes their sound age even more quickly, and
C. Disappointment from these bands all ditching the individuality they had. Instead of diversifying their sound to make more interesting music, they all took the easy road.
>>
>>63672329
I've seen CTE live, they were pretty hype
>>
>>63672377
they just are
>>
>>63672406
>>63672426
Yeah, in a few years people on /mu will think that you're an uninlightened plumbfuck for listing to music. But CtE are pretty good, the rest are sort of that 'I kinda like music but can't really be bothered looking for actual good stuff' music.

One or a few tiers up from Justin Bieber, One Direction...the likes of that shit.
>>
Some of them are alright and I don't hate them really but they do often sound so bland and uninspired. I feel like it's something about the recording quality maybe. It's hard to make rock music sound good with modern production techniques. It's either overproduced or sounds flat a lot of the time
>>
because all the bands you've listed are really in music for one thing: getting a check for having their music used in a tampon commercial
>>
>>63672329
>Alabama Shakes
I like them
>>
Has /mu/ heard

Jeweller's Hands by Arctic Monkeys?

Or Over My Head by Alabama Shakes?

Or In Our Prime by the black keys?

I just don't understand how /mu/ can flip shit over tons of bullshit prog Rock and not even appreciate this

It's just close minded af and fits that super elitist attitude. Obviously their air-play stuff will get repetitive but that goes for most bands that get mainstream plays. In fact most bands have singles specifically made to be hits which is totally understandable niggas gotta eat.

But it's not fair to judge them only on that I feel
>>
>>63674869
I dig the old shit from the Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys. Especially the Black Keys, I grew up with their music.
>>
>>63674869
>prog rock
>elitist
this is bait right? Trust me, if the albums were anything innovative or interesting, there'd be talk about them here. The singles are overplayed, and the deep cuts are forgettable.

There's nothing elitist about someone disagreeing with your taste you pleb. Albums don't get posted here just because they're more obscure than what you listen to. If you honestly think people on this board only praise albums if they're obscure, with no merit towards their on enjoyment of the music on them, then you're as pleb as a pleb can get.
>>
>>63672443
If anything CtE made their sound less generic though
>>
>>63672567
aside from the
>music in tiers
arctic monkeys > cage the elephant all day
>>
>>63672329
Cage The Elephant's Live From The Vic In Chicago is one of the most underrated records ever. It should be the fucking Live At Leeds of this generation
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.