[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you not like her?? She's amazing. https://you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 639x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 639x635
How can you not like her??

She's amazing.

https://youtu.be/55mYwQ_pg4M
>>
stop trying to make aurora happen, she's not going to happen.
>>
>>63671531
she's totally happening and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
FUCK OFF
>>
>>63671950
why are grimes threads allowed but Aurora threads are not?
>>
>>63672352
Both are allowed.
Both are shit.
Both are containment threads for pathetic faggots like you.
BUT, Grimes threads are more OK because at least she has four studio albums so people can talk about more stuff.

Aurora only has one studio album, she's really REALLY new.
It's FUCKING UNNECESSARY having a thread about her when you can say everything you think about her whole career in just one thread.

And before you give me the old "hurr durr then why are there so many threads about the same album everyday" talk: that doesn't mean it's ok for you to do the same thing.

FUCK why did i even wrote all this shit.

go get a girlfriend you fucking loser
>>
>>63672831
why do so many people care about one thread on this shitty board? Is it taking up any space from some other shitty thread?

Let's take you for example, why does this thread bother you? You actively chose to come here and hate on it. it's not like it was on the front page in your face or anything. Why not just ignore it if you don't want to contribute? Are you offended by the mere sight of Aurora's angelic face? Does synthpop personally offended you for some reason unknown to me?

I'm just trying to understand you're pure hatred. I'm lost, I just don't understand.
>>
File: sometimes.png (147 KB, 388x344) Image search: [Google]
sometimes.png
147 KB, 388x344
>>63671164
this is the most boring twee shit ever. if she was a fat ugly girl instead of some qt-indie looking chick she would have literally no career
>>
>>63671164
I kept reading people saying she was the next Bjork, listened to her music and she was the next Hasley, thanks /mu/, what a waste of my time
>>
>>63673150
she may not be the next Bjork, but she had listed Bjork as a huge influence and watch this video - at 24:28 - tell me that doesn't sound just like Bjork...

https://youtu.be/QFrK3QgRqFI
>>
>>63673109
not very qt imo grimes has the look this chick looks sisterly
>>
>>63673294
grimes looks like she has a thick layer of grease covering her skin at all times

you might say she looks "grimey"
>>
>>63673273
She's absorbed some of Bjork's vocal style but none of her desire to experiment, and make unique sonic worlds, I have no doubt she could grow into a really good musician, and make some classic albums in the future, but right now she's just generically wearing influences on her sleeves
>>
>>63673350
she's only 19 and just released her debut, give her some time lad.
>>
>>63673388
Ok, than stop posting about her, if she isn't good now than why do you care
>>
>>63673482
BECAUSE I'LL LISTEN TO ANYTHING BY A CUTE GIRL, AND MY HOBBY IS TO BOTHER PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET
>>
>>63673482
Not that anon but I'm excited to see where she'll take her sound in the future.
>>
>>63671164
Why listen to her when I could just listen to Susanne Sundfor?
>>
>>63673482
she is good now. I never said she wasn't.
>>
>>63673624
Tbh famofam
>>
>>63673624
because we enjoy listening to new artists here. or do we?
>>
>>63673273
that doesn't sound like bjork, listen to more bjork
>>
>>63673705
no it definitely does.
>>
Again with this fake "folk" girl? She'll get tired of the whole aesthetic and move on to another thing like most hipsters do.
>>
>>63674088
you never explained your rationale on how she's fake and feigning folk. She literally grew up listening to Norwegian folk music. She the real deal bigguy
>>
>>63674178
And all the shitty buttrock bands grew up listening to Zepplin and Pink Floyd, listening to something doesn't impart it's authenticity to the listener, not a comment on Aurora but that isn't a very strong argument
>>
>>63674178
You literally grew up in a middle to upper class household with two parents (who are still letting you reside in their basement) listening to them tell you how to be successful in life, and yet you turned out like this.

Doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>63674275
Because in order to appreciate folk you MUST come from a broken home.

Fuck off you tool.
>>
>>63674304
Not him, but it shows you don't know anything about the scene. It's almost a life style.
>>
>>63674304
http://www.socialskillbuilder.com/teaching-children-with-autism-how-to-enjoy-jokes-and-idioms/

interesting read for you
>>
>>63674304
Friend, I think you might want to go to bed, what you just said is utterly nonsensical
>>
File: happy mc ride.jpg (187 KB, 579x647) Image search: [Google]
happy mc ride.jpg
187 KB, 579x647
>>63674357
kek
>>
>>63674234
>>63674275
well since you guys apparently know Aurora personally, please tell me how she is fake. Still haven't gotten a decent explanation yet, just mindless rhetoric.
>>
>>63674409
Because her music is run-of-the-mill uninteresting synthpop that's no better than anything from the very same artist this whole Aurora thing is a counter-movement towards.

There's no authentic traditional folk influence in her music, doesn't matter if she listened to it or not.
>>
>>63674409
I don't know if she's authentic or not, the music sounds inauthentic, she does nothing with her voice, and all her instrumentals safely fit in with Hasley or whatever other post-Bjork female blog pop artist. I don't see anything she does as uniquely hers yet.
>>
>>63674357
>>
>>63674447
sure it's run of the mill and subjectively uninteresting, but let's not even classify her genre for a minute. Whatever sound she has is her style. It's not like she started as a rock artist and tried to be a country singer for example...then you might say yeah she's a non-authentic country singer.

Her current sound is authentic to her, whether it be generic synthpop or whatever else you want to call it.

idk if I'm making sense but this is the basic point I was trying to make.
>>
She seems good, if not unremarkable (for now) Why does she gets so much hate on here?
>>
>>63676335
Personally I listened to her debut when it came out and I kinda liked it.

This OP is really annoying though, he keeps shitposting about Aurora every other day and it's making everyone mad
>>
not my cup of tea but thank goodness this is all acoustic so I can have maximum mashup effectiveness
>>
>>63671164
I do, her album is pretty good. Just wish there was more acoustic stuff. The acoustic version of murder song is probably favorite song.
>>
>>63674570
>Her current sound is authentic to her
hmm, she seems fairly run of the mill to me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lowKvh5O4
>"My biggest heroes are Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen"

She's a qt.
>>
>>63673109
how is this boring compared to all the pop shit on /mu/ like taylor swift and carly rae jepsen? This is far better than that.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.