[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were these people's attitudes to drugs? It must have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What were these people's attitudes to drugs? It must have been impossible for them to not notice the harm they could do. Did players around this time have little regard for their well being?
>>
>>63668506
A lot of very intelligent and talented people still do drugs anon. Drug addiction is difficult to beat even if you do have regard for your own well-being.

A lot of jazz artists felt that drugs helped them create and perfect their music.
>>
>>63668691
well it's something you'd normally think of as contradictory with strong religious beliefs as espoused in their album cover notes.
>>
>>63668787
Are you referring just to Coltrane? He beat drug addiction with the help of religion.
>>
>>63668910
>the help of religion.
Shame, I thought he was a smart man
>>
>>63668506
Love the story of Coltrane and the gang being dosed during the Om recording

Hearing that period live tripping must have been incredible
>>
>>63668506
It's called wanting to be the best. their obsession of making something great was more important than just well being.Taking drugs was the sacrifice they made for better performance
can't blame them I'd do it myself
>>
>>63669048

They did it mostly out of depression.
>>
Generally I think it's none of my business. But listening to the Disc 2 of the Masters set for A Love Supreme, it was the first thing that entered my head.

Knowing things is tiresome.
>>
Can you say who is the one on the left? The white man is Rudy Gelder, right?
>>
File: 1340955249471.jpg (223 KB, 574x505) Image search: [Google]
1340955249471.jpg
223 KB, 574x505
>>63668964
sup reddit
>>
>>63669324

The second saxophonist is Archie Shepp. The person who you think is Rudy Gelder is actually Bob Thiele (record producer).
>>
>>63669403
Oooh, thanks, man.
>>
>>63669324
Archie Shepp perhaps?
>>
>>63668964
wew
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.