[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Bowie's comfiest album? Even the cover is comfy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: youngamericans.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
youngamericans.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1000
Is this Bowie's comfiest album? Even the cover is comfy.
>>
I think Hunky Dory is comfier
>>
'Hours...' isn't good but it's comfy af.
>>
his self titled is the comfiest
>>
>>63666299
"Heroes" is comfy to me.
e$pecially Moss Garden
>>
>>63666299
Maybe
>>
>>63666429
one time i was having a panic attack on the subway and i listened to moss garden and it was probably the most beautiful and calming thing that has ever happened to me.
>>
>>63666299
Is this the album that is about building a wall and having the Mexicans pay for it?
>>
maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but i think ziggy is the comfiest. those horns and stuff. also the whole concept just seems so light hearted and fun
>>
>>63666299
no put his cover of Across the universe is literally flawless and elevates the song from psychedelic wankery to actual art
>>
>>63666622
Fucking Lennon man. People praise him as being the innovator and artist of the group, but he was such a twat. He gets praised for ripping Dylan off poorly, and creating ridiculous pseudo avant garde stuff like what you hear on Sgt. Pepper, while McCartney was a real musician, who actually knew the avant garde masters of the time like Sun Ra, and tried to incorporate them subtly into a new brand of pop music. Second half of Day in the Life is a perfect example. There you have Lennon prattling on in his stupid ripped off psychadelic nonsense, and at the end you have McCartney's brilliant atonal orchestral work. Really bothers me that Lennon still gets the praise as the one who thought outside the box. Obviously Wings was terrible though
>>
>>63666337
Heavily agree on this one.
>>63666299
I think it's sexier than comfortable
>>
Hunky Dory is much comfier
>>
The album is amazing but Across the Universe seriously brings it down
The only correct version of this album is the digital release with the 3 extra songs. John, I'm Only Dancing (Again) is a masterpiece and It's Gonna Be Me is comfy as fuck
>>
I remember a story about Bowie playing this album for McCartney right after finishing it. Paul wasn't really digging it and Bowie was just insistent that it was his best work
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.