[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something good about an album you hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: blurryface_album.jpg (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
blurryface_album.jpg
108 KB, 600x600
I think that his description of people being unable to relate to his memories by way of being unable to sell scented candles was pretty clever.
>>
It wasn't / it's not.
He verbalized something that literally everyone already knows.
The same way the smell of burned popcorn and menthol cigarettes reminds me of the used car dealership my dad used to own, everyone associates particular memories with sensations meaningless to other people.

Its pretty fucking shallow, actually.
>>
>>63663044
I dunno. I had to pick something.

Like even hearing a metaphor at all in a song full of lyrics played completely straight is surprising and makes me like it more
>>
File: a3503152827_10.jpg (159 KB, 960x945) Image search: [Google]
a3503152827_10.jpg
159 KB, 960x945
>>63663089
I just disagree.

That shit is cringe-inducingly awful to me. Same story for this mess. It ends up being more of a novelty of how far the rabbit hole really doesn't go in terms of contemplation of the written component.
>>
>>63663167
Ok cool now say something good about an album you hate
>>
>>63663213
I was really stunned/disturbed at their steadfast repetition of the same boring indie SST wank for forty fucking tracks.

The entire experience was as draining as it was eviscerating, but props to something so boring for evoking any kind of identifiable emotion at all.
>>
File: 7bbf0819.jpg (383 KB, 1857x1811) Image search: [Google]
7bbf0819.jpg
383 KB, 1857x1811
>>63662976
the production on this album was actually pretty fucking good for what it is
>>
>>63662976
I have recently read other comment and feel that I should join the conversation. Many people are in love with twenty-one pilots like I am, but there were also some, not a lot, negative comments. Everyone has their own opinion and mine is that they are great. This is a band of two who make a living off of music. These two put feeling and truth behind their lyrics. In this world they are putting simplistic words into complex rythem and tune as they try to spread a message of living life to be happy. Tyler has been through a lot and just wants others to know that your not alone because when he was younger there was no one for him. I personally believe that this is a great album, and it may even be one of their better ones as this album has much happier and upbeat song such as, stressed out, lane boy, not today, fairly local, etc..
>>
>>63663584
I'm sorry but you're wrong.
This band is absolutely fucking dogshit. You're just straight up wrong. Listen to more music.
>>
>>63663584
i mean really people are just looking too much into blurryface, trying to overanalyze it. when you do overanalyze it, it does become kinda cringeworthy, but all music does. sure, some of the songs have some questionable songwriting choices, and even almost try to be psuedo-deep, but in all reality it's not really an album you're supposed to actually go that deep into. i just see it as a simple pop album, enjoyable, but not overly so. like the michael bay transformers movies, if you don't look to hard into them, you'll actually enjoy it.

inb4 i get crucified
>>
>>63663403
"I can't contextualize music": the post
>>
>>63663608
>guy posts thoughtful and positive opinion about a band
>"This band is absolutely fucking dogshit. You're just straight up wrong. Listen to more music."

/mu/: the premier music discussion forum on the internet
>>
>>63663636
What am I supposed to be contextualizing, the West coast punk / Hermosa Beach party scene? You realize this album came out in '84, right?
>>
File: folder.jpg (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
127 KB, 600x600
Puts me to sleep everytime. great for Insomnia
>>
>>63663633
Michael Bay movies are shit, regardless of how little you look into them. There are thousands of mindless action films infinitely more watchable than a Transformers film, it's just that Transformers has somehow made it to the top.

The same can be said for 21 pilots. They only barely succeed at what they try to do, and only do so because people don't know any better. They don't know what's out there, and they have no frame of reference as to what's actually clever, or what is actually good songwriting, and are completely content with being spoonfed.

Blurry face makes the average /mu/ poster cringe because, while we are still retarded, most of us have heard enough music to understand that there isn't a single thing this band does that others haven't done before, and better. Its psuedo-philosophical and embarrassing for anyone who actually knows better.
>>
Itt faggots try to be funny

XDDDD THE GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS IT'S AMAZING HOW BAD THEY MANAGED TO MAKE IT WOW SO IMPRESSIVE

Fuck off back to 9gag. You're literally worse than waifu posters.
>>
>>63663654
SO THOUGHTFUL
You could say this about literally any embarrassing / guilty pleasure music marketed towards high school age kids of the last ten years.

On My Chemical Romance

>I have recently read other comment and feel that I should join the conversation. Many people are in love with My Chemical Romance like I am, but there were also some, not a lot, negative comments. Everyone has their own opinion and mine is that they are great. This is a band of four who make a living off of music. These four put feeling and truth behind their lyrics. In this world they are putting simplistic words into complex rythem and tune as they try to spread a message of living life to be gloomy and shallow. Gerard has been through a lot and just wants others to know that your not alone because when he was younger there was no one for him. I personally believe that this is a great album, and it may even be one of their better ones as this album has much happier and upbeat song such as, Helena, Helena, Helena, and of course, Helena
>>
>>63663809
>triggered Halsey fan detected
>>
>>63663828
now this post at least has some fucking content
i don't like the band either man, but if you're going to shit on someone at least explain why the fuck you're shitting on it otherwise there is literally no point in posting on a music discussion board

basically just don't be a huge faggot
>>
File: SMiLE.jpg (340 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
SMiLE.jpg
340 KB, 1000x1000
The singles were good.
>>
>>63663608
you fell for it huh
>>
>>63663044
>>63663167
>>63663403
>>63663608
>>63663721
>>63663802
>>63663828

this one guy is having a baaaaaaad day
>>
>>63663969
Nah fäm, it was a good day. I got an A on my comp sci lab and got my English midterm out of the way.
>>63663935
I was suspicious that it was some kind of pasta tbqh.
>>63663885
Don't be rude, dickhead.
>>
>>63663802
Meh, the only band I've heard that actually sounds like 21P is Why?. That's not to say they're completely original, they just at least mix their influences. I'd actually be pretty into them if they they could just do an entire song without a cringy lyric or an unneeded overly long electronic passage
>>
>>63664232
>don't be rude, dickhead
>"This band is absolutely fucking dogshit. You're just straight up wrong. Listen to more music."

butthurt faggot detected
>>
>>63664333
rude
>>
File: 600[1].jpg (97 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
600[1].jpg
97 KB, 600x595
Got a 2 hour UTU2TM episode out of it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.