[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Led Zeppelin? Should I get into them? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg (163 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg
163 KB, 300x300
What do you think of Led Zeppelin? Should I get into them? What's their best album?
>>
Listen to that one and physical graffiti to start, I think
>>
Yes, get into them. They're a great rock band even if they are dadrock and a tad overrated. Physical Graffiti is definitely their best album, but most of their discography is great. Listen to everything except In Through the Out Door, that one's garbage. Presence is pretty good because it has Nobody's Fault But Mine and Achilles Last Stand.
>>
>>63661533
houses of the holy is essential
>>
my favourite album by them is houses of the holy but you can't go wrong with any of the first six. I would listen to them in chronological order if I were you.
>>
File: 81hYiIOjcvL._SL1425_.jpg (362 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
81hYiIOjcvL._SL1425_.jpg
362 KB, 1425x1425
The people who overrate them do so for their most mundane work while their best work gets far less attention, so they end up being simultaneously overrated and underrated. Anyway, I think this is their best album.
>>
Led Zeppelin II is really bluesy and heavy classic rock. If your into that sort of thing check it out.
>>
>>63661686
This plus III are theyre GOAT
>>
File: led-zeppelin-presence.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1006) Image search: [Google]
led-zeppelin-presence.jpg
187 KB, 1000x1006
Overated but funky. Jimmy Page had some great moments though, and John was either fucked or weren't really bothered

they are at their best when they're over-looked
>>
Don't listen to the people that say it's overrated, Led Zeppelin deserves everything they say about them (and more). Listen from Led Zeppelin I to Physical Graffiti, it's pure gold.
>>
>>63661533
I think as a whole Physical Graffiti is the ITCOTCK of Led Zeppelin

Houses of the Holy is essential too but Physical graffiti has more songs and is consistent

IV is the main reason people make fun of them and are considered overrated
>>
>>63661832
this.

>>63661533
enjoy it. Zep is a band that is at their best when heard for the first time due to all the mythos classic rock bullshit that's been heaped onto them over the years. I listen to them way way less than I did in my youth, but when I do return to them, it's always v nice.
>>
>>63661533
What the fuck OP
>>63661655
>>63659951
>>
File: zepp.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zepp.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
IV is obviously the best, but you can't go wrong with anything except In Through the Out Door. Also, if you end up enjoying them, try out "Bonzo's Montreaux" and "Wearing and Tearing" from their most overlooked album, CODA (which I liked more than In Through the Out Door, despite its lack of flow).
If I had to rank the albums, I'd go with this: IV>HoTH>II>I>III>PhGr>CODA>Presence>ITtOD
>>
Their first album is my favorite.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.