[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Normalfags and newfags ruined /my/ Why did you have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
>tfw Normalfags and newfags ruined /my/
Why did you have to shit up my favourite board. It's not even enjoyable to see countless shitposting threads with no removal and lack of any music discussion. How did /mu/ fall so tragically? I can't even visit this board without feeling immense depression. Just kill me already.
>>
>>63653483
Yeah they ruined /my/

Good thing they didn't ruin /mu/
>>
>caring this much about an anime imageboard
>caring this much about "le normieeeeeeeeees"

You should kill yourself
>>
File: image.gif (88 KB, 450x526) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
88 KB, 450x526
>>
>>63653500
It's not just an image board, it's a community.
>>
>>63653525
I get where you're coming from but /mu/'s always been filled with shit. There's always been meme rap, spam, and tripfags.

4 years ago Aaron/Montie/etc. were Niggerman420/Cooltop/etc.

Just ignore the shitty threads and you'll find plenty of music discussion.
>>
>>63653543
But back then people didn't just listen to typical top 40 and shit like Young Thug like they do now. /mu/ was cool because you could come here and discuss almost any music, no matter how obscure. Now everyone just talks about albums every other website talks about and sharethreads are dead.
>>
>>63653503
he's bad news
>>
>>63653543
Oh god I remember those faggots.

I tried, but I feel a lot of used to be music discussions and now most of it is "this is best album" "post albums to have sex to", the most generic threads you'd probably find on reddit
>>
>>63653593
That's another thing, those amazing share threads. You can't find much obscure album out of people listening to it on last.FM or actively doing research
>>
>>63653601
>"this is best album" "post albums to have sex to", the most generic threads you'd probably find on reddit

Sadly but I've noticed that going into those theards you'll sometimes find discussion
>>
>>63653483
/mu/ always was a cesspool of shitposting and little more.
>>
>>63653593
>But back then people didn't just listen to typical top 40 and shit like Young Thug like they do now

Lady Gaga and Kesha were literally spammed everyday
>>
>>63653483
Name one online community whose oldfags don't claim that "insert whatever" ruined it.
Protip : you can't.

When I discovered /b/ back in 2007, people were all about "the cancer killing /b/, etc.", as a result, I spent 4/5 years lurking not daring to post in fear of "ruining" the community.

At some point I realized everybody, old and new, was basically just shitposting all the same.

Just because something changes and is not like you used to know anymore doesn't mean is has gone to shit.

4chan was built on shit, it has always be and will always be shit, that's one of its main principles.

BTW your thread is worst of cancer.
sage
>>
>>63653483
Nobody fucking lurks on any board anymore before they post.
They just walk in and think "I know music! I hear it every day!" and proceed to make annoying threads like this one going over shit that's already been discussed here a million times.

Want to know a music for that feel? Check the archive.
Want to know what songs will impress a girl? Check the archive.
Want to know what /mu/ thinks of your favourite band? Check the archive
Want to know how to 'fix /mu/'? Get off my board.
>>
>>63653483
> It's not even enjoyable to see countless shitposting threads with no removal and lack of any music discussion.
Oh the mother fucking irony.
>>
>>63656499
distortion is a flaw
>>
File: 1459115438719.jpg (44 KB, 889x737) Image search: [Google]
1459115438719.jpg
44 KB, 889x737
r.i.p. /my/
>>
>>63653483
>/mu/ ever being good
At least try to hide how new you are in your next post, kid
>>
Honestly /my/ is the best it's ever been right now
>>
>>63656499
You're a cancerous camwhore that used /mu/ as a personal army to shill your music.
>>
>>63656866
Perhaps if the total fucking moron didn't keep posting his face he wouldn't get banned quite so much.
>>
>>63653483
been here since 2009, its always been shit. theres just waves of shitposters, some better others worse

im glad that kanyes career is finished though, i was getting sick of seeing 50 threads about the asshole every day
>>
>>63653483
The ironic pop-is-good meme and Kanye getting a 10 killed the board.
>>
>>63653593
>/mu/ was cool because you could come here and discuss almost any music, no matter how obscure.

ahahaha
>>
>>63658083
mr turny what gr8 albums have you heard this year and last?

i havent seen you post for a while
>>
>>63653483
>>63653543
>>63658083

Does anyone know what's happened to /classical/?

There was a general posted earlier today but it only got to like 10-14 posts before being archived. Are the mods fucking over everyone or what? I posted in it just this morning I think so it ought not to have been bumped out by now.

I don't fucking get how cringe threads at the SAME OLD 3x3 or some shit gets posted every single time but /classical/ can't have one god damn general?
>>
File: 1459181991580.jpg (330 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459181991580.jpg
330 KB, 900x900
>>63658124
I lurk, hide all the threads that don't interest me and fuck me, there are none left, thats been the same for 8 years though.

Anyway, been exploring early pre-Spanish Caribbean and Central American music lately a lot, also lots of Silhouette Brown and 4hero.

>>63658136
Not noticed them vanishing?! Normally one about.
>>
>>63658170
I usually just go to the catalog and ctrl + f /classical/ so that I can get some discussions of composers, recommendations, interesting links, and maybe sheet music or downloads. IMO its the best resource on mu if you're interested in it. Its the only reason I only use a tripcode there usually.

But I just checked again, and not only is there not a classical thread, but the last "classical" topic which was on guitar technique also just got deleted.

What the fuck is happening. Seriously? Since when is classical not /mu/ related?
>>
>>63657964
that's kinda his shtick
>>
>>63653483
Melon
>>
File: fat.jpg (12 KB, 740x362) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
12 KB, 740x362
why do you guys think you aren't "normies"

i'd really like to know
>>
>>63658245
None have been deleted, there would be a little red bin at the end of the subject line.

https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=classical&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Here, the last one just 404'd, not enough replies

>>63649388
>>
>>63658301
Weird. I thought there were slower threads on mu that stayed up. I guess its just an off-time for that demographic. Anyways, thanks for that.
>>
>>63658299
I have a life, friends, nice family, a gf, etc.

But IMO this is not what defines a normie.

A normie is a guy not giving a fuck about people's struggles and others opinions when he does not have any interest to gain in it.
This guy is so comfortably rooted in the mainstream society that he has endorsed all its codes and attitudes and perceives himself as a part of it.

But I think this is a rough caricature and actual people corresponding to it are no more than ~1-2% of the population.

Also this concept doesn't really apply anymore past 35 yo.
>>
>>63658263
No, he's just stoopid. His opinion would be more interesting if he could actually post in the first place. Rod for his own back.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.