[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beat Producers What Sample Packs Do You Use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: producer.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
producer.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Im gonna be buying some and I don't wanna pay money for weak samples. Mainly focusing on kicks snares hihats,

>In b4 make your own asshole
>>
>>63653379
606. 808 and random shit.
Pro tip: Get Vengeance House/EDM soundpacks and use the "Percussions" folder for your beats
>>
b4 make your own asshole
>>
free ones
>>
>>63654182
is this newfag or am I missing something?
>>
OP here. I was looking for something that would get me that beat scene swing. I remember once that I found some hi hat loops that gave that swing for you to work off of. Does anyone have any sample packs like that?
>>
This belongs in the /prod/ thread.
Also, you don't need to buy samples.
There are plenty of really good free ones.
>>
>>63654998
>>63653379
For samples get sample packs of the Boss DR-660, Metro Boomin's 808 pack (probably the best free 808 pack on the net imo, super clean) and all of Legowelt's shit. If you don't know who Legowelt is, he's a fucking goat techno producer and on his website he's uploaded a fuckton of free sample packs for classic drum machines and synths. Get all of the drum ones because his drums are generally super gritty which compliments the whole beat scene aesthetic thing well. And in regards to swing, do it yourself nerd. Just record yourself tapping on your keyboard and then quantise it little and it will give u that iconic swing. Thats what Flylo does anyway. Also use alot of triplets. The record yourself method will take hours to perfect, but it makes u a much better musician in general and generally gets u the perfect result.
>>
>>63655095
Boss DR-660 was used on a ton of influential underground hip hop cassettes in the 90s. It features a huge variety of sounds ranging from super synthetic to super organic but all of them share a similar "vibe." Metro's sample pack has good deep kicks as well as 808 sub basses, and the bassy kick is a staple of any good beat. Make sure to use really gritty hi hats and claps for your other perc to compliment the whole aesthetic of your tracks.
>>
we made some loops / beats and stuff.
Free for grabbin'

Have a look OP

https://soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/sets/beats-loops-half-baked-shit-aka-mix-togheter-and-make-your-own-venderstrooik-tracks-in-5-minutes
>>
>>63655095
I do make my own , but it doesn't work with every sound. When I play something more indie style with a guitar it will be hard to get a swing while something more synth based is easier to get that beat going. Im just trying to find a way to experiment with that indie sound and beat to see if it works.
>>
>>63653379
You can go to Splice.com and use the code TPF50 for a free month and 100 samples.
>>
>>63655066
if this was in /prod/ it would be ignored and you know it.
>>
>>63657023
this
>>
File: funny-gifs-stupid-people.gif (466 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
funny-gifs-stupid-people.gif
466 KB, 500x254
>>63653379
>that monitor placement
>>
just google "sample pack torrents" and download everything you can find.

You will have more random sounds but at least not every track will sound exactly the same.
>>
>>63653379
Like the other guy said

Dat monitor placement
>>
>>63657510
Is Colin Kaepernick? lmao
>>
bump. I don't want this thread to die
>>
>>63657510
Not the worst iv seen
>>
File: twerk.jpg (24 KB, 460x415) Image search: [Google]
twerk.jpg
24 KB, 460x415
>>63657510
>it works for them but it's not good enough because it doesn't work for ME
>>
>>63653379
Come on, don't be a lazy nigger like everyone else, make your own
http://samplesfrommars.com/blogs/tips-tricks
>>
>>63654982
Look at the OP
>>
>>63653379
Personally, I have a bunch of samples, but what really takes the cake for me are Kontakt sample packs by Heavyocity and the stuff that comes with Battery. You really should get the Native Instruments samplers, as they are very good. Pretty easy to use out of the box, and has lots of details to work with when you are more advanced.
>>
>>63654998
>get me that beat scene swing
>>63655095
>And in regards to swing, do it yourself nerd. Just record yourself tapping on your keyboard and then quantise it little and it will give u that iconic swing.

Yeah, pretty much. If you want organic timing, do it yourself, align the samples to your tapping, and loop that. It's better if you don't try to get rhythmic loops out of sample packs—and it's a lot easier to do than you might think.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.