[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Big Joyous Celebration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: RFC136-600.jpg (816 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
RFC136-600.jpg
816 KB, 1500x1500
https://teensuicide.bandcamp.com/album/its-the-big-joyous-celebration-lets-stir-the-honeypot

honestly enjoying this oddity, has my taste devolved into some sort of mess or does this album really have something going for it?
>>
anyone have a link for this? i already pre-ordered the album on their label's webstore and don't want to really pay more to get another dl
>>
how is a buzzband from 3-5 years ago an "oddity"

why is run for cover turning them into a cash cow
>>
>>63652405
>>63652405
>why is run for cover turning them into a cash cow
fucking this, its honestly really shitty. Teen Suicide used to be so great
>>
>>63652276
wasn't too into their releases before this one but this is a lofi masterpiece to be honest familia
>>
fuck teen suicide and fuck every shitty band on run for cover all terrible
>>
>>63652457
fuck you dude cloakroom is sick
>>
>>63652435
Same here. I really dig this album over waste yrself in particular. Stomach of the Earth has a great mix
>>
>>63652435
If you think this is a masterpiece but not their previous material then please proceed in killing yourself anon
>>
>>63652467
eh the instrumentation here is a lot more broad and exciting for me. I'll revisit the old stuff, maybe i'll be able to appreciate it more, it has been a while since I gave it a try
>>
>>63652510 instrumentals are a step up for sure
>>
Damn honestly fuck run for cover, way to take a great band with a cult status and a flawless discography/side projects that literally have defined and been the best example of lo-fi music, then flip it around to be another industry cash grab
>>
>>63652553
is this album a step in the wrong direction for the group as a whole?
>>
>>63652553
all true but that doesn't stop this from being a pretty great record
>>
>>63652425
Like this is so obviously phoned in it hurts to know it was made by the same person who wrote shit as beautiful as DC Snuff Film and I Will Be My Own Hell

I thought the "lol reunion shows so we can sell our own copies of the records on ebay before we reissue them xD" shit was bad but now they've got this shit in history, counted among those records.
>>
>>63652553
what are their side projects? all I know is the ambient thing Sam did a year or two ago, wasn't rlly my cup of tea
>>
>>63652646
Things Sam Ray has worked on:
Teen Suicide
Julia Brown
Ricky Eat Acid
Starry Cat
Cute Boy Kissing Booth
Mad Dads
Dead Virgin
Heroin Party
Cumwolf
16 and Pregnant
Teen Mom Birthday Cake
That "Sonic Youth" 7" that I think is technically a teen suicide EP?

His whole discography is probably impossible to collect, I truly believe he is one of the best musicians in the past decade. Sad to see such an independent person controlled so much by a label
>>
>>63652732
was he involved with the salvia palth LP too? It seems right up his alley
>>
>>63652763
No he wasn't, I see where you are coming from though
>>
>steaming music and not on soulseek
>>
>>63652732
Hi sam
>>
>>63652732
I saw that "Sonic Youth" thing posted once and loved the fuck out of it and I haven't been able to find it since because it's called Sonic motherfucking Youth

hook me up with a bandcamp link pls

>>63652880
I remember once he tweeted about how a jay-z album was the greatest hip hop record ever or something and like 2 minutes later a thread popped up about the same album with the same praises. not rlly surprising he would post here
>>
>>63652946
wait the sonic youth project im thinking of was a comp appearance iirc
>>
>>63652946
https://joyvoid.bandcamp.com/album/sonic-youth-7

and I think torts has posted here before who knows about sam
>>
>>63652978
He made a 7"
>>63652946
He's a nice dude but it's just scream's /mu/ and I remember one night there was a thread about teen suicide and one person got super defensive about sam.
>>
File: disappointed-face-300x199.jpg (14 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
disappointed-face-300x199.jpg
14 KB, 300x199
>>63652866
this i can't be the only person that hates streams
>>
>>63653058
is Pavement from that 7" the same as on TBJC?
>>
>>63653099
it is
>>
>>63652457
GDP is on Run For Cover, fuck YOU
>>
>>63653058
I remember that

the not-so-thinly-veiled "theories" that person was posting about Sam's motivations, feelings towards the band, etc
>>
>>63653230
Sam's cool he's just kinda full of himself at online. I've meet him in person 2-4 times super cool.
>>
>>63653256
I met torts at the merch table at a show they played for a shitbag pay to play promoter, he seemed cool. wish I got to meet Sam as well.

Same promoter tried to steal $700 from You Blew It! a few weeks later btw
>>
>>63653256
also the thread in question wasn't ppl deriding him as a hack or anything from what I remember, but more about his online presence and the attitude he had towards fans/the future of the band at the time, and this anon was "theorizing" about how Sam knew this behavior was shitty and was just trying to come to terms w the situation

it branched off in a few different directions from there, it was a p cool and touching thread, made me respect him a lot more/find new connection to the music. a lotta the shit anon said ended up being said in an interview Sam did a few months ago lol
>>
>>63653300
I've played with them and I have to say Caroline and Torts are the life of the party.

I have such a respect for the 4-6 of them? They all have this super friendly family like atmosphere that they bring to shows, it's really positive.

>>63653338
Yeah I remember listening to Sam break down a few tracks on Strawberries for me and he's been through a lot. I always get really defensive about them becuase not only are they kinda friends of mine, it just feels rude to talk shit about music as personal as theirs. It feels like someone would talk shit about Elliot Smith, it might not respect it all but there's something honest and artistic about it.
>>
this whole album is filler
>>
>>63654079
yeup
>>
>>63652276
im enjoying it, probably because its 2 in the morning. its a nice listen
>>
>>63652405
>>63652467
>>63652553
>>63652617
>>63652631
>>63652425

Haha shit do you guys seriously think this sounds significantly more accessible/commercial/fake than his old releases. It's basically the same shit as his older albums only with more instrumentation and too big of a tracklist.

PS: By first impressions:

I Will Toledo Be My Own Hell > Honeypot > Waste Yourself = Sonic Youth > Hymns = Goblin Problems = DC Snuff Film > Bad Vibes Forever
>>
>>63654725
what about strawberries? that's pretty much teen suicide.
>>
Surprised some of you guys are not liking this. I'm only liek 6 songs in but I think I'll listen to this again. I'm enjoying this style.

Tbh I really fucking hate pop-punk. Grew out of that shit awhile ago. But some stuff, some pop-punk that's maybe mixed with indie or lo-fi or noise or what have you, some of it's pretty good.

Run for Cover has had some pretty good bands, but most of their bands are still boring trash (but decent if I were still into pop-punk). I pretty much only like some Teen Suicide (some of their older songs are amazing, but I think there was plenty of filler on their old shit too). THis Teen Suicide is even better. I like some of his Julia Brown stuff. Also I like older Tigers Jaw, Joyce Manor, and Title Fight. Other than that, anything remotely pop-punk is pretty shit imo
>>
anyone got a link to this?
>>
>>63654725
it's not that the music is more commercial, it's that it's all filler and the band is being marketed more commercially
>>
link pleaseeee
>>
>>63655409
Don't see how this is filler. It's just not shitty pop-punk that only appeals to teenagers and stunted college students who only listen to pop-punk and emo.
>>
>>63655455
ts was never pop punk

like, ever. whiney bitch vocals =/= pop punk
>>
aww I liked their name
>>
>>63654754
On the same level of Honeypot
>>
>>63656835
this 2bh

nobody who is offended by it has ever been truly suicidal
>>
SOMEONE GIVE A LINK ALREADY PLEASE
>>
>>63657797
do you really not have 5 bucks???
i bought it and would upload but im at work
>>
>>63657797
>poorfag
>>
feeling too old for teen suicide these days but i gave the album a listen as a past big fan of sam

as ever, cool sounds here there, some (note on some) good writing in the lyrics, but as ever, sam's delivery is really weak & i'm noticing it more than ever. also not at all liking songs like alex where the emo sound pandering is v obvious. can't shake the tumblr feeling either. teen suicide is a heather's reference by the way not just the use of the term teen suicide.
>>
>>63652553
I dont mind they put out shit i wanna hear but all their pressings fucking suck
20 different novelty colors with horrible physical warping

Ive been fed up and done with this shit label for awhile now
>>
link
>>
>teen suicide - the big joyous clebration
https://mega.nz/#!G1lFgbTJ!Ql9HwlDQQJn5NbvUTkDsVvl-b2ps1-nfux8WvZ0SfVA
>>
>>63658035
Alex is a wavves ripoff. It is nowhere close to any emo.

>>63655336
If you pretend to like this album and not pinegroves just because its on run for cover, youre trying too hard
>>
>>63653144
GDP is like the worst musician to have ever existed, saw him at a Front Bottoms gig (I know, went for nostalgia) and he fucked up his own, and only, two bars, not even just wrong lyrics, like totally off time and even then not in the same rhythm at all.
>>
>>63659611
Whats the problem, I bought the Waste Yrself/DC snuff film and I will be my own hell cassettes cause they were cheaper, did I dodge a bullet with the records? Also, I'm pretty grateful for all the reissues because I only listened to them recently.
Is the beef that run for cover made them more popular? If that's the case then 1) who cares and 2) isn't it good that the band get some more money out of it?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.