[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow, didn't expect this to be such a really good album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: holy molly.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
holy molly.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
wow, didn't expect this to be such a really good album
>>
>>63648887
How does it compare with Light Up Gold? That's the only one of theirs that I've really liked
>>
>>63648916
Surprisingly good, LUP is also my fave Parquet Courts release, but I'd even say Human Performance is a bit better, really catchy.
>>
>>63648981
I meant LUG, as for Light Up Gold hehe
>>
>>63648887
its good!! almost a poppier direction than their earlier stuff
>>
I can't get over how good of a song Outside is
>>
glad to see others liked this! I really liked it too.
>>
anybody got a mega/zippy link?

the sendspace one in the archive it dead
>>
>>63650858
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgdMHFocb9nVVBxaDRiNVJ6SDQ/view?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>63648916
>>63648981
So do you guys think Monastic Living was directed more at LUG fans or the critics who praised it?

>>63650697
Posted this in the unpopular opinions thread earlier but Andrew Savage is a better songwriter than Stephen Malkmus and Parquet Courts shouldn't be reduced to trite comparisons like Pavement all the time. I love Pavement, but it's obvious there are way more influences to Parquet Courts's sound than early indie rock.
>>
Ooooh it's been leaked? Yay, excited for this. They've released some real killer shit. Like potential to become one of my favorite bands. Then again some of the stuff has been more lackluster (still like it), but excited for this one.
>>
Wow, this is really great. Listening now. I was gonna wait for my copy to arrive, but oh well.
>>
>>63651805
Yeah, a couple days ago. Link floating around in the archive I'm sure. 6 or 7 listens in and this album has finally gotten me obsessed with the band even though I've been following their stuff since American Specialties. I hear his stuff before PC is pretty decent but never checked it out, maybe I'll have to just for fun.
>>
>>63651897
Just downloaded the one posted above. Listening to Monastic Living right now actually (put that one off), then gonna give this a spin.
>>
>>63651805
>>63651896
leak got me to buy it haha. make really good music and I'll buy it.
>>
>>63651897
Definitely check out Denton After Sunset by Teenage Cool Kids. Real tight.

Also, Uncast Shadow of a Southern Myth was originally a TCK's song.

>>63651945
Yeah, I can feel that. For bands I really like / trust, I'll usually preorder stuff.
>>
It's great, Dust is by far their worst song ever though so it kinda sours the listen.
>>
>>63651940
Let me know what you think about ML. I loved it, thought critics were off the mark on that one. I'd love to see some more stuff in that experimental direction on a future EP or something. Blending the vocal focus of most of the rest of their discography with the new abrasiveness (and the repetitiveness taken to new levels) on ML would be an interesting project.
>>
>>63652282
I think it's a terrific opener... A bit different from most of their material and lyrics pointing to a stifling dusty atmosphere really set the stage for the theme of anxiety, which is one of the recurring themes on this album (and their others).
>>
>>63652342
I can't really say what I thought of it, I need to listen to it again. I was mostly not paying attention. But I dug what I noticed. I definitely like experimentation. It's definitely better than what some critics rated it, idk what that was all about.

I think Parquet (And Parkay) have really found a good balance of how much they release material. For their type of music, it's perfect to me. Not too much, not too little. And each release is different enough to be exciting too.

I mean I'm worried about Future and Young Thug. They really had some amazing shit for a moment....I think it might be all over. Who knows. But you know how it goes, a lot of bands' first albums are their best. Maybe Future and Young Thug have lost it (of course i don't want that to be true).
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.