[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on pic related? I find it really great is it considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pechiku.jpg (37 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
Pechiku.jpg
37 KB, 500x497
thoughts on pic related?
I find it really great
is it considered 'brutal-prog'?
>>
>brutal prog
please dont say that only 4 people on the internet say that and they are all on rym so that says something

The album is not very good its that kind of wank music like Yowie Behold... The Arctopus and Orthrelm
>>
>>63646732
it's a useful tag for the niche of "that kind of wank music" though, so i'm using it
calling it extreme math rock also gets the idea across, though

first time i thought i really "got" that album felt some kind of spiritual epiphany for me, not quite sure what it was but it was great
>>
>>63646541
>is it considered 'brutal-prog'?
its math-rock
>>
>>63647412
It's both

>>63646732
>>63646732
At least 5 different music sites have used that term to describe four different bands, together with this, hundreds of people use it on sites like ebay, RYM, last.fm, etc

>The album is not very good its that kind of wank music like Yowie Behold... The Arctopus and Orthrelm
I can't get into Orthrelm, but the other two are pretty cool.

>>63646851
>that broken caffeinated guitar solo
>>
>>63648377
you're the last person on earth to speak on math rock or prog rock
>>
>>63648377
behold the arctopus and yowie are not fucking cool
>>
>>63648377
Did you just put your trip on because somebody mentioned you in that other thread?
>>
>>63648445
I saw Sajjanu and checked out the thread.

>>63648396
No

>>63648415
You are not cool
>>
Great album if you like math rock.
Brutal-prog is a fucking dumb thing to call it.
One mans wank is another mans treasure. The snippet composition is really fun and always keeps you guessing as to where the song will go.
>>
>>63648377
forgot to reply to this about the BP

>hundreds of people
checked last.fm and its still just fucking fastro the autismo tagging lmao
>>
>>63648577
>Brutal-prog is a fucking dumb thing to call it.
Personally thought it was v stupid as well but wondered if it was a legitimate genre math rock works fine though
>>
>>63648377
>>that broken caffeinated guitar solo
timestamp me the moment
>>
Never heard of it before but I'm listening now and It's so good.
Thanks for the rec OP
>>
>>63648577
>Brutal-prog is a fucking dumb thing to call it.
I'm not a big fan of the name, but it's far more descriptive than just calling it math rock.
For ecsmple
>Great album if you like math rock
You mean Don Caballero, Battles, Slint, Ruins, Polvo, or american Football style?

>>63648651
There are far more.

>>63648671
I always forget where exactly that part is from, but it's there somewhere.

>>63648654
It's legitimate, even more than math rock itself (in terms of style), or other prog rock subgenres (like avant prog).
>>
>>63648654
id say no. Math rock describes that type of music and all the other math rock music well. Anything after that people will try to cherry pick certain elements and call it something. Like people on this board unironically call things post-modern when there is no functional definition of post modern in the context of music.
>>
>>63648700
ye np I actually just found it today and had the same reaction
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.