[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this considered experimental? it's good but there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: kidbop.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
kidbop.jpg
158 KB, 1000x1000
why is this considered experimental? it's good but there's nothing experimental about it
>>
>>63644096
>why is this considered experimental?
By whom?
>>
it was experimental for the band themselves
it was experimental for such a popular band
>>
It's officially "You-had-to-be-there-core" now.
>>
>>63644155
reinventing yourself shouldn't be considered experimental
>>
its not experimental at all

electronic =/= experimental
>>
>>63644096
It's just called experimental by people who don't know much about music, least of all experimental music. They just think "this band made indie rock music, now they're making some electronic shit, must be experimental"
>>
Because it's Radiohead does bleeps and bloops (part 1 of 5)
>>
>>63644155
>it was experimental for such a popular band
Pretty much. They were one of the biggest acts after the release of OK Computer and still managed to combine and put together all their influences for Kid A and Amnesiac and they were the only popular band to do that in the end of the 90s and the beginning of the new millennium.
>>
The word experimental doesn't mean anything
>>
I think it's interesting that Scaruffi considers Amnesiac the stronger record overall.
>>
>>63644618
It has much better songs on the whole I think, its a more engaging listen.
>>
>>63644155
>>63644156
this
a pretty much normal alt-rock band released two albums where almost each song takes form different mixed genres or atleast styles not so popular.
experimental rock has less requirements than the music 'genre' 'Experimental'.
for better or for worse it was pretty much stablished a long time ago that rock (or hip-hop) doesn't have to be all avant-garde, barrier breaking or explore completely uncharted ground for it to be considered experimental
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.