[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which band should I cover for my presentation: The Rolling Stones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: okkid.jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
okkid.jpg
8 KB, 220x229
I'm only doing one or the other.

I need to cover why they are popular, but most of all how they work well together as an ensemble.

Which one would you do?
>>
radiohead because they didnt get famous ripping off unknown blues musicians
>>
>>63639586
Pretty much all British bands during the British Invasion borrowed from American blues and Rock n' Roll. Who honestly gives a shit at this point?
>>
The better question I should of asked is: Which band of the two is more interesting as a musical ensemble and which one will get me higher marks?
>>
>>63639664
Radiohead
>>
>>63639664
Radio head for sure
The making of there albums are super interesting
>>
>>63639566
yo man, I did this coursework too
I did Modest Mouse myself
>>
>>63640421
Nice choice brosef, what type of course do/did you do?
>>
>>63639566
Radiohead because while I'm not the biggest fan, they do have a wide array of influences that they draw from that could potentially make for an interesting discussion (Mingus, Autechre, Arvo Part, etc.)
>>
>>63640515
That sounds good but in what way can you tell that they draw these influences in their sound?
>>
>>63640853
Well, Thom Yorke has said as much about those, but mainly Kid A explores a lot of the influence from early electroacoustic and some more experimental IDM and jazz, which is mainly shown through their sound design and the general structure of their instrumentation at the time
>>
>>63640889
Is it true that Kid A draws influence from Aphex Twin?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.