[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just fuck my records up, fam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
http://www.gramovox.com/pages/floating-record
>>
>>63638281
hnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
it looks nice, but thats why its probably shit
>>
>>63638281

i dunno, guy. that looks pretty high end. check out the tonearm/needle/cartridge.
>>
>>63638306
I would estimate that records played on that deathtrap go from mint to warped before the 5th time all the way through. You're going to let a belt IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE RECORD be the rotation device, without providing any support for the underside of the record? I don't think you could design a worse player. /mu/ shits on Crosleys for design that looks saintly compared to this. I wouldn't play a Linkin Park record on this piece of shit.
>>
File: image058.jpg (54 KB, 425x512) Image search: [Google]
image058.jpg
54 KB, 425x512
>here anon, you can use my turntable
>>
>>63638281
>>63638306
>>63638413
all these fuckers don't know about good superior senpai
>>
>>63638413
it looks like there's a platter

i'd be more worried about the tonearm
>>
>>63638281
>"Hey guys, I've got a great idea for a gimicky, overpriced turntable that completely ignores the the fundamental importance gravity has in getting sound out of a record!"

FUND IT
>>
>>63638281
Will anyone buy this? Should be pretty obvious to some people that it's a bad idea.
>>
>>63638652
What's the biggest mistake that young or novice owners make in caring for their collection? Carrying by, or otherwise putting directional force on, the edges of my records. What is the very mechanism that makes this turntable functional doing? Putting directional force on the edges of the records. The makers of Gramovox could save a lot in production costs by just hiring people to come into your room and snap all your records in half over their knees.
>>
>>63638861
Doesn't work like that. Belt's connected to the platter. Platter rotates with record held in place via bolt cap on the spindle
>>
$399, fuck that.
>>
>screw the legs onto the wall

>suddenly wall mountable cool record player rather then fucking retarded vertical turntable where if you sneeze the snot will get onto the record and the needle will push the boogies into the grooves :^(
>>
File: 1445016870706.jpg (91 KB, 591x729) Image search: [Google]
1445016870706.jpg
91 KB, 591x729
>>63639826
jesus christ rofl
>>
>>63639826
why is this post so funny
>>
>>63639826
but that would cause much more vertical pressure
>>
>>63638397
are you baiting right now or are you just retarded
>>
File: zappa.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
zappa.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>tonearm that flies off the record with slightest bump

>speaker vibration feedback

>belt-drive
>>
in theory, i don't see a problem here, except the built in speakers. maybe whatever they're using to put pressure on the record, maybe

though >>63639826 would be a pretty cool idea, if you could change the orientation of the controls
>>
>>63640680
>belt-drive

That's not a criticism. Pretty every modern high-end turntable is belt driven.
>>
>>63640680
>belt-driven
If you're just listening and not dj-ing why would you get direct drive
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.