[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most jarring album openings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: th.jpg (5 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
5 KB, 142x142
i mean jarring in a good way
Only Shallow is my top choice ever
King Crimson do a pretty fucking great job on ITCOTCK & Red especially
I don't want to include metal because jarring openings tend to be pretty standard in metal
>>
>>
>>63637292
v good point
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 608x547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 608x547
Pretty much the Death Grips discography, their openers are always jarring. Pic related is imo the best.
>>
>>63637537
Death Grips itself is jarring
>>
>>63637537
Get got is so smooth and chill it's not even funny
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 319x319
Can the second track be considered the album opener when the first track is only a minute long and pretty much only an introduction? If yes then definitely this.
>>
File: clarence_clarity_-_no_now.jpg (873 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
clarence_clarity_-_no_now.jpg
873 KB, 1000x1000
one of the many things i love about pic related is the way that it immediately starts out as this sort of exultant explosion of sound that really puts you off guard because you usually expect some kind of build up to that shit
and then you get to the final track and realize that the buildup was hiding in plain sight the whole time

>>63637657
that's jarring in and of itself though, considering that it's the opener of the follow-up to an album that got attention for being relentlessly raw and primal and intense
>>
>>63637789
I see your argument but I knew nothing of death grips when I first heard the money store so I had no expectations and a very different experience.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eINjp785y5A
>>
>>
File: Microcastles-Deerhunter.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Microcastles-Deerhunter.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_jMTjO-OFc
>>
>>63637789
lol, Get Got isn't jarring, so don't act like it is.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.