[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/gy!be/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: godspeed-you-black-emperor-15.jpg (80 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
godspeed-you-black-emperor-15.jpg
80 KB, 630x473
general discussion of godspeed you! black emperor.

(https://archive.org/details/GodspeedYouBlackEmperor?sort=-date)

>live

I saw them live in november for the first time. it was amazing. the film projections were out of this world, i wish they made them available to public.

i'm loving the western themed new song#2.

>favorites

Asunder,Sweet...>F#A#infinity>Lift yr...>Allelujah!..>Slow Riot>Yanqui U.X.O.

top 3 songs

piss crows are trebled
world police and friendly fire
Peasantry or 'Light! Inside of Light!

here is to five more albums!
>>
F#a#>Lift yr Skinny Fists>Slow Riot>Asunder>Yanqui UXO> ADBA

Best song is sleep

Saw them last month. Played the entirety of Asunder, Monheim, and two new songs.
>>
GY!BE POWER RANKINGS
======================

1) F#A#oo
1) Slow Riot

2) Asunder Sweet
2) LYSF

4) A!DBA

5) Yanqui UXO

SONG RANKINGS
==============

1) Mladic
2) East Hastings
3) New Song #1

Did they use the deer projection during the drone in Behemoth? Was cool
>>
>>63636619
didn't even know it was a deer at first.
>>
File: gybe_2010pic_300dpi8x10.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2507) Image search: [Google]
gybe_2010pic_300dpi8x10.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2507
>>63636619

they used a spider crawling on large leafs on hope drone, deer staring at audience in the middle of behemoth which transitioned into dozens of lambs running in a hill.

the best moments were the footage of an industrial area on fire and cop cars speeding in the rain
>>
>>63636434
When do you guys think they'll record the new album? They performed Asunder for like half a decade before they actually released a recording of it ;_;
>>
>>63636619
>New Song #1
I don't want to spoil myself on their new stuff but I also don't want to wait 10 years for studio versions. I hope they are releasing more often now.
>>
>>63636693

they are pretty consistent. 1996 to 1998 to 2000 to 2002. then 2012 to 2015 so spring 201-7/8
>>
I like LYSF the most because I find it the most transcendental, but they're all good in their own way. Maybe Yanqui is a bit subpar but still it's not bad.
Out of the 2 or 3 new songs, Buildings is the obvious winner. Can't wait to hear it properly on an album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meffan5T8WY
>>
why did godspeed and swans reunite in the same year? it's a bit suspicions. did anyone see michael gira and efrim menuck at the same place at the same time?
>>
>>63636619
I'd move LYSF up a spot. Maybe even above Slow Riot.
I know it's hip and cool to not like it as much because of its constant shitposting here on /mu/, but when you step back and take a good, objective look at it, it really is an amazing and impressive work of narrative music.
>>
>>63636841
Imagine if swans and godspeed both toured with each other, both bands playing their new albums
>>
what other bands do projections during concerts?

>>63636903
5 hour concerts and permanent hearing loss
>>
Asunder, Sweet is much better live than the studio recording could ever have been, and it's also the best thing they've ever made.
>>
>>63637029
Definitely agree, I'm not saying the album recording was particularly overwhelming, but it simply does not even compare to the near spiritual experience of hearing it for the first time live, out of nowhere in their set list back in 2012.
>>
Where did everyone see them live? Coventry was a gr8 show.
>>
>>63637107
saw them in san pedro
>>
>>63637107

istanbul
>>
>>63637163
Konser nasıldı?
>>
>Tfw they played BBF3 to close the set
>Tfw there was a snippet of the conversation not included on the EP

Something about 'everyone being in doors by 8 o clock', it's been a while. Makes me wonder how much of that interview they had to cut
>>
>>63637107
I've seen them twice in Boston, first time was at the Orpheum the night ADBA was sneak-released, which was one of the most powerful musical experiences of my life, and the second time was last year, which wasn't as intense because they played at the shitty Paradise which is a generally awful venue but everyone plays there for some reason. Still an excellent concert, although the opener (Xylouris White, I believe?) was godawful.
>>
>>63637205

mükemmeldi, ilk sıralarda ortadaydım telefon parıltısı çok az vardı her üyeyi görebiliyorduk. gruptan önce xarah dion diye bir synthpop çu vardı bir sürü insan salondan çıktı garipsedim
>>
F#A#infinity > Yanqui UXO > Slow Riot > Lift Yr Skinny Fists > A!DBA > Asunder
>>
>>63637069
Exactly, the studio version is great but it drags at points. Live the entire thing works perfectly and there's not a single moment that sounds underwhelming or out of place, and once they get to the the climax in Piss Crowns are Trebled it's hard to think that they could ever make anything else that good.
>>
>>63637442

>3 minute drone at the end of lambs' breath
>drags

pleb detected
>>
>>63637270
Süper! Ben onları görmek istemistim, ama onlarin çaldıkları yer 21+ dı, ve o yüzünden gidemedim (ben 19 yaşındaydım o zaman)
>>
>>63637460
I never said what in particular drags you dip, just that it does as a whole sometimes on the studio version. What's it with people on /mu/ putting words in people's mouths for the sake of creating an argument?
>>
>>63636903
HNNNNNGGG
Two of the greatest bands of all time playing together? Sign me up
>>
>>63637486

ben de 19 yasindayim, sorun cikmadi
>>
>>63637519
Hmmm. Neyse artik, bidaki sefere
>>
>>63637510

>peasantry is the worst track they ever made

just kill yourself already
>>
>>63636903
who would open for who?
>>
>>63637442
The live version is considerably shorter. I remember the two drone tracks only lasting about two minutes and sounding very different to the studio recording, most of what I remember was the band members very quickly bending down on stage to hit the tape player and this ear piercing and loud high pitched noise that panned across the whole of the theatre.
>>
>>63637625
it would make sense if godspeed opens for swans, since swans inspired the godspeed sound
>>
>>63637656
Going to need a source on that. The only thing I've read that influenced them was Slint
>>
>>63636962
Ratking had projections for their shitty set when they opened for Animal Collective. AnCo also had projections while they played in LA this month.

>>63637107
LA. It was a beautiful show. Xylouris White opened for them and really killed it.

>>63636903
>>63637625
Pretty sure Godspeed opened for Swans at one point

>>63637830
The field/talking recording aspect was taken from Swan's Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
LYSF was my first LP. Now I'm ordering F#A# for my second. But I want Slow Riot too.
>>
>>63636434
>>63636534
>>63636619
>>63636747
Where can I hear these "new songs"? Do I have to see them live?
>>
>>63638698
theyre in the archive
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.