[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if there's already been threads regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: AJJ.png (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AJJ.png
38 KB, 512x512
I don't know if there's already been threads regarding this, but what do you all think about Andrew Jackson Jihad's name change?
>>
several threads regarding this hit bump limit and each of them was more retarded than the last
>>
No one is happy about it and then everyone realized they suck so it doesn't matter
>>
>>63636385
Ah crap, had no idea. Sorry for beating a dead horse
>>
>>63636362
what did they change their name to.

something more or less hipster ?
>>
>>63636487
Simply "AJJ". They didn't want to be associated with Andrew Jackson anymore and thought having the word 'Jihad' in the name was disrespectful.
>>
Fuck them. It shows they've become humorless and is ridiculously patronizing to Muslims to change a name because three people emailed them over twelve years and apparently those three people represent the entirety of the billions of Muslim people worldwide. It's funny to me because I have a close Muslim friend who was a big fan of them and was ironically and reasonably very annoyed by their reasoning for this change.

Oh and their new single fucking sucks
>>
>>63636362
A cuck.
>>
holy shit, the moralizing of these fucking hipsters

1.) We are not Muslims, and as such, it is disrespectful and irresponsible for us to use the word jihad in our band’s name. 2.) We no longer wish to be a living reminder of president Andrew Jackson. Interesting historical figure as he was, he was an odious person and our fascination with him has grown stale.

andrew jackson was a great and necessary president and islam is evil.

holy fuck i can't stand hipsters politics. they have to introduce it into everything.

it was ok about their name, i dont mind the mix and them having a viewpoint but then censoring themsevles for even dumber political reason is truly retarded.
>>
>>63636507
That's pretty fucking stupid. The name was already a way of bashing Andrew Jackson for his actions toward Native Americans.
>>
>>63636509
Their new single was okay at best. And that's coming from someone who liked Christmas Island
>>
>>63636563
This but also keep in mind they suck so it doesn't matter
>>
>>63636531
>1.) We are not Muslims, and as such, it is disrespectful and irresponsible for us to use the word jihad in our band’s name.

on second thought, they probably got death threats and are just pussying out
>>
>>63636531
>andrew jackson was a great and necessary president and islam is evil.

your'e just as retarded as they are.
>>
>>63636756

>battle of new orleans not important
>war against thewest for 1200 years

ok bro
>>
>>63636725
I liked Can't Maintain and Knife Man
>>
>>63636786
Kek at battle of new Orleans good stuff
>>
File: tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoe1aSxT61tezt7xo1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x216
>say "fuck" multiple times per track
>change their band name because its offensive
I honestly couldnt come up with a better example of mental gymnastics
>>
>>63636858

its consistent.

the word "fuck" or language is imposition of religious or traditional values. these are oppressive.

the name of hteir band is offensive to non-whites, though originally intended to be offensive to whites (andrew jackson) and christians (making fun of hte idea that jihad is a problem or associated with islam, and that the real jihad was by whites on american indians).

so the use of fuck and changing to appease perceived or made up offenses against non-whites and non-christians is not only consistent but is the goal.

pol would say they are the ultimate cucks
>>
>>63637124
They are.
Theyre the equivalent of a kid that cusses their brains out and acts tough but cries when the teachers call their parents
>>
kek this shit is too funny. the self flagellation borders on the pathological

>We are very sorry to any people the name has offended. We would like to thank those who have reached out over the years to let us know that the name is problematic, especially those who reached out with kindness. Had we known in 2004 that we would still be making music together 12 years later, we most certainly would have chosen a more thoughtful name from the start.
>>
>>63636531
>>63636756
I don't think he's saying that, I think if they just hadn't said anything people would have cared less.
I always thought the name was meant to be kinda meaningless but incendiary which was fun, but AJJ is just boring.
+top of my game is a terrible song
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.