[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the ashes have returned to ashes and the dust to dust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
Now that the ashes have returned to ashes and the dust to dust what would you rate this EP?
>>
>>63635348
8/10 better than TPAB
>>
>>63635446
Are you retarded?
>>
>>63635472
Fuck you, TPAB is average. Just another concious jazz/soul hip-hop record that has been done better many times before.
>>
>>63635446
>better than TPAB
definitely
>>
1. its an album

2. you tried to be funny but failed but heres a pitty kek

3. its better than section 80 which was worse than good kid which was better than TPAB
>>
UU>GKMC>TPAB>S80

Fact.
>>
>>63635582
>Just another concious jazz/soul hip-hop record that has been done better many times before.
name 10
>>
GKMC>UU>TPAB
>>
>>63635641
>UU>GKMC
if you really think this then you really dont understand how good GKMC is, agree with the rest though
>>
>>63635685
Al of his albums have their missteps, UU has the most forgivable.

Real and Compton fucking suck.
>>
6/10, it's not anything special and is even a bit annoying at times (PIMP PIMP HOORAY), but it wasn't trying to be so you can't really complain about it.
>>
>>63635348
But what about the funk? Has it returned to funky?
>>
>>63635776
>PIMP PIMP HOORAY
>Annoying
found the 16 year old!
>>
UU- TPAB- S80- GKMC tied with everything else

I can't imagine listening to gkmc in 2016. It's aged so poorly.
>>
>>63635722
real is cool.

compton is terrible. what a shitstain finishing up the aLBUM
>>
>>63635818
>It's aged so poorly.
Haha no, it's gotten better with age because it really shows how much Kendrick evolved from his shit prior to GKMC
>>
>>63635348
4/10
>>
>>63635348
8/10
more bangers focused than TPAB but less impressive.
>>63635641
GKMC>TPAB>S80>UU
TPAB has better lyrics but GKMC is more varied and has better singles. its a=his more mainstream album while TPAB is for the hip hop heads.S80 is a less mainstream GKMC.
>>
>>63635348
PIMP PIMP

HOORAY
>>
>>63635860
>more bangers
can we get a cookie ban for anyone who has visited KTT
>>
>>63635847
We shall agree to disagree. I agree with you that it's a good example of Kendrick's growth. Much more cohesive compared to S80. And a few moments that still endure.
>>
>>63635667
The low end theory
Blowout comb
Black star
Reflection eternal
A new refutation of time and space
Midnight marauders
Illadelph halflife
The extincion agenda
3 feet high and rising
Buckshot le fonque
>>
>>63635860
>GKMC is more varied

nooooooope
>>
>>63635910
name 10 released post 2005 senpai
>>
>>63635910
have you noticed that TPAB isn't like any of these albums? if you listened to it that would be obvious
>>
light 7/10 desu.
>>
whether or not TPAB had that gay ass poem shit UU is just nowhere near as monumental, musically or topically.

UU is not a better album than TBAP, people are just saying that because they love kendrick but are scared to like TBAP because hurr durr its not really jazz
>>
>>63636093
>UU is not a better album than TBAP, people are just saying that because they love kendrick but are scared to like TBAP because hurr durr its not really jazz
no one actually thinks this but nice projecting senpai now go away
>>
>>63635910
Be
Food and liquor
Fun DMC
The ecstatic
Ink is my drink
Murray's revenge
Eardrum
Below the heavens
The preface
Ali'yah
>>63635958
They're all albums with jazz/soul orientated production and socially concious lyrics, what are you on about
>>
>>63636183
Meant for >>63635938
>>
84/100

It's really cohesive despite it being b sides
More bangers than TPAB
untitled 3 is the only shit song there the rest can range from decent to amazing
Production and writing is great
>>
>>63635937
after revisitng TPAB I can say that I was wrong but I can still see GKMC as the more accessible kendrick album
>>63635874
>KTT
huh?
>>
It's good but it's not fun to listen to
>>
>>63636123
plenty of people have said, UU is better than TPAB

plently of people have criticized the authenticity of the jazz influence

admittedly the statement is rather contrived but given /mu/'s general reaction to both releases I don't think its unfair
>>
>>63636258
what did the indian said?
>>
>>63636183
>>63635910

none of these albums sound anything like TPAB aside from being hip-hop
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.