[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can an album so highly rated be so boring /mu/? i speak as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: agaetis_byrjun.jpg (77 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
agaetis_byrjun.jpg
77 KB, 953x953
how can an album so highly rated be so boring /mu/? i speak as a fan of post-rock, but this album nearly sent me to sleep after the first 2-3 tracks
>>
>>63634543
It's comfy and beautiful album
>>
it is you that is boring, and not the music senpai.
>>
>i speak as a fan of post-rock
>this album nearly sent me to sleep
If this album nearly sent you to sleep you're not a fan of post-rock.
>>
As someone who likes post-rock I found this one to be one of the least boring albums in the genres so it's interesting that you say that
>>
>>63634599
>>63634611
im a big fan of gy!be, tortoise, slint, talk talk, swans' newer stuff etc
but i just cant dig this
>>
>>63634543
I think the same bro
overrated stuff for plebs
>>
>>63634543
omg that cover is fucking awful
spoiled the album for me
>>
it's probably the closest thing possible to ascending to heaven
>>
>>63634663
>literally judging an album by its cover
>>
>>63634636
off-topic but why the fuck is spiderland considered a post-rock album
>>
>>63634699
Because post-rock was something else before crescendocore became a thing and stole the genre name.
>>
>>63634699
>Post-rock is a subgenre of rock music characterized by the influence and use of instruments commonly associated with rock, but using rhythms and "guitars as facilitators of timbre and textures" not traditionally found in rock.
>>
>>63634682
wtf is that cello bullshit they are playing in track 3
they are dogshit and the cover is the most awful thing I have ever seen
>>
>>63634636
You seem to be a fan of the harder, louder side of post-rock. It doesn't mean you're not a fan, it just means the quieter, happier, more orchestral side isn't as appealing and/or exhilarating
>>
>>63634543
I dislike this album but for other reasons. I hate a lot of the awful melodies on it
>>
>>63634543
WHAT A BRICK BRO

i can handle with the intro and the 4 minutes song the rest of the record is a sleeping pill
>>
>>63634699
muh soft loud dynamics

I wouldn't consider it post-rock in the same sense as other first-wave, since it came from the atmospheric side of post-hardcore instead of experimental rock.
>>
So you finally figured out how bad poseurcore is huh?
>>
>>63635098
I don't think this album has enough potential to be misconstrued as being pretentious for it to be something that could be called poseurcore
>>
>>63634543
Its post rock for girls. Math rock > post rock all day every day
>>
>>63634738
Are you fucking 12?
>>
>>63635212
im 26 bro
>>
>>63635200
Awful opinions
>>
>>63635200
>>63635383
>Math rock >>> post rock
>>
>>63635405
t. contrarian
Math rock hasn't been relevant since the 90s. Post-rock still has Swans and neo-GYBE keeping its ass alive
>>
>>63634751
anon just nailed the problem op has.
>>
>>63635425
Math rock is way more experimental. Post rock only has one style "muh eerie grey aesthetic" (there are some exceptions). Math rock can be sugary sweet, emotional, quirky, wild and completely crazy.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.