[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have no taste or is waste yrself one of the greatest lo-fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: cover.jpg (142 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
142 KB, 500x500
Do I have no taste or is waste yrself one of the greatest lo-fi albums of all time?
>>
i prefer i will become my own hell more. i just think there sound works better when its more on the lighter side
>>
>>63634501
It is great
Other great albums are Duster - Stratosphere and Elliott Smith - s/t
>>
Youre not alone. I believe this is the fuzziest album there is. Its certainly up there in the lo-fi category. I will become my own hell is also similar and is underrated imo.

Similar sounding recs would be great
>>
doing all the things is without a doubt my favourite lo-fi track and although the rest of the album isn't perfect it's a reasonable statement

I don't know any artists/albums that are quite as textured as this by a couple bands I like that I think ts fans would enjoy too

handsome eric - oh, cool
handsome eric - nah, i'm good
salvia palth - melanchole
>>
Good taste.

Who hype for their new album coming in 3 days?
>>
>>63635157
Stratosphere goes. great album
>>
>>63635327
salvia palth was too noisy for me. I felt it lacked content
>>
>>63635386
I definitely agree with you there, but just from how poorly mixed it was, along with the horrific grammar in the lyrics it was hard to tell what was purposefully bad and what was actually bad. There are some gold tracks and some that I always skip.
>>
>>63634501
If you listen to lo-fi, yes, you have no taste
>>
File: holo-620x620.jpg (66 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
holo-620x620.jpg
66 KB, 620x620
>>63634501
HOLD THE FUCK UP YALL
>pic related

waste yrself is good, but holo pleasures is a 10/10 desu senpai
>>
its too bad sam let the ego go to his head
>>
>>63634501
>lo-fi
>good
>>
Fuck off back to Tumblr
>>
File: Twin_fantasy.jpg (7 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Twin_fantasy.jpg
7 KB, 220x220
my fav lo-fi album

>inb4 stale "go to bed will" meme
>>
JESUS CHRIST
>>
Thank you OP , excellent album
>>
>>63636246
go to bed will
>>
>>63635981
I know nothing about the politics of these lofi bands, seems like they all know eachother. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>63636912
like I was watching teen suicide's run for cover interview and they were talking about whirr doing some fucked up shit

Like what
>>
File: abundance.jpg (506 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
abundance.jpg
506 KB, 1600x1600
>>63635953
Not an Abundance of Strawberries
>>
>>63636246
hi Will please be my bf
>>
bulldog eyes and ikea graveyard are better desu
>>
>>63636937
In all fairness Whirr just throw shit to rile people to be relevant, so saying they're a shambles isn't crazy.
>>
>>63635953
Teen Suicide and every Sam Ray project will always be a million times better than anything else Matt Cothran has done. I've meet him multiple times in person and he is about the absolute biggest douche bag in the music industry, literally a frat boy with a "muh tumblr girls" image
>>
>>63637771
Lol what happened?
>>
>>63638859
He has flaked on interviews and in-studio session then comes up with some bullshit excuse, and when you actually talk to him in person he has that macho I'm better than everybody here rockstar attitude. Not to mention he puts 20% effort into his live shows.
>>
>>63638998
>he puts 20% effort into his live show

this he was also pretty drunk when I him.

he's just some fat depressed white dude, who make's music for skinny depressed white girls.
>>
>>63634501
Run For Cover ruined this band
>>
>>63640245
why so?
>>
>>63640372
Horrible A and R. They took a band that was a huge cult symbol in lo-fi music and within a couple months they completely flipped the band's image for the worse. If you were to listen to teen suicide a couple years ago you would have NEVER thought that they would put out another album, yet alone another album under a decently sized label. Doing national tours with shitty bands, releasing "limited" cassette EP's, singing social media contracts, making music videos etc, don't fit anywhere near where Teen Suicide's image used to be. Not to mention that Run For Cover takes all of Sam's past releases and puts them as "out of stock" on their website as if they had them in the first place, it just puts a super bad taste in my mouth. Way to take a gem of a band that had an incredible image and vibe to them and then just over hash it. If you follow any of Sam's social media you can tell that he low key hates being on a label, I think he started Joy Void for this reason.
>>
>>63636246
monomania is better imo
>>
>>63634501
Julia Brown is the superior Sam Ray band
>>
>>63640504
>"out of stock"
They did though. They got all of the old Birdtapes stock. I actually got the Alex G/R.L. Kelly split and the Julia Brown single.

IDK sam's opened his oven label. I don't really have a problem with Run for cover because they've always been a staple in the basement hardcore scene, so I guess it kind of fits because Lo-Fi is slowly getting more popular with those kids. It kinda fits but it does feel like a cash grab with them and Elvis Depressedly.

Idk it's weird seeing cult lo-fi bands getting put on big labels like years ago I would have never thought that Porches would be on domino
>>
>>63641371
See but the thing with Domino is that they still give their artists full or at least almost full creative capacity. Alex G still records in Garage Band, even after signing to Domino and that is really cool. Run For Cover's A and R seems like they are dictating every single part of Teen Suicide. But in terms of the out of stock stuff, no, Run For Cover definitely did not have things like original Starry Cat and Julia Brown cassettes.
>>
lo fi isn't a genre you redditor retards
>>
Have they done anything since that Alex G tour a year or two ago?
>>
>>63641979
also I thought RFC was just handling the reissues? They've tainted the band with commercial bullshit tho?

Before the Alex G tour, the last "reunion" thing they did near me was in a teenager's house (moved to a pizza place for capacity iirc), then on the AG tour they were booked by a notorious pay-to-play shitbag at a pretty huge venue

wtf is going on
>>
>>63642043
playing at some random kid's house sounds kind of cool
>>
>>63642043
Well, now they are on a huge tour playing with Say Anything. I don't want to say they sold out because the didn't, but run for cover has added a lot of bullshit that I know Sam Ray wouldn't want to do anything with before he signed contracts and stuff
>>
>>63637188
anyone got a download for this
>>
File: a1428711167_10.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1428711167_10.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
>greatest lo-fi albums

>Not mentioning the lo-fi GOD

wewew
>>
>>63642076
house shows are fairly normal m8

>>63642269
damn, it kinda seems like Sam just brought it back so he could make decent money on the band and keep doing the shit he actually cares about without going broke

also this thread has made me realize how pitifully disconnected I have become from like everything jfc. maybe I should get back on twitter or sonething so I can be /hip/ again
>>
>>63635353
pretty hyped, wish it would leak already
>>
DC Snuff Film was best
>>
>>63643298
truth
>>
>>63640626
>not How to Leave Town

U alright there sport
>>
>>63644518
CSH b l o w s
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.