[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is fucking crap! Any moron could make this! Why the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Music_for_Airports.jpg (33 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
Music_for_Airports.jpg
33 KB, 301x300
This is fucking crap! Any moron could make this! Why the fuck does it have such a high rating on RYM?
>>
THANK YOU !!!
>>
Better question is, why are you browsing RYM?
>>
Because it was the first ambient album that wasn't Discreet Music (which is shit)
>>
desu his art-rock stuff is much better than his ambient.

also his collab with john cale is pretty good.
>>
>muh first of its kind

Just listen for yourself anon. Don't get pissy if other people like it and you don't. There's nothing wrong with you, and there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>63631290
because it was ahead of it's time you fucking mong
>>
>>63631339
It's the only music rating site that people actually use
>>
>>63631339
its actually fucking awesome for yearly completionists but anyone who even looks at ratings let alone uses them is an utter pleb
>>
Brian Eno is an absolute genius and almost all other of his ambient stuff is great but YES THIS IS SO TRUE WHY THE FUCK IS THIS REGARDED AS HIS BEST AMBIENT ALBUM
>>
>>63631290
You say this = you didn't understand nothing about Brian Eno's work.
Read something about his philosophy first, then post...
>>
>>63633065
but ambient 1 is bad compared to all of his other ambient work anon, it's just badly done
>>
>>63631342
>Discreet Music (which is shit)
>>
>>63633141
this so much
even discreet music was better
>>
>>63631290
It's the most beautiful record ever made desu
>>
Ambient 2 > Ambient 1
>>
Is there any valid criticism against this album besides the fact that it's simple?
>>
the only really good one is on land
discreet music is good too

harold budd is the most boring piano player ever and music for airports sounds like it was made as a satire of ambient music
>>
>>63633141
Define "bad"
>>
>>63631290
YOU FUCKING DARE SAY A BAD WORD ABOUT BASED ENO?! FUCK YOU FAGGOT ENO > GOD
>>
>>63633273
it sounds boring and shit
>>
>>63633305
So brave

I feel like the /mu/ circlejerk is opposed to ambient 1, for the record
>>
>>63633259
Well Eno and Budd practically invented Ambient, how can be possible that he make a satire about his invention?
>>
>>63633324
Just because you listen to it like other music, so you didn't understand nothing about Eno's work too...
>>
>>63633362
i don't think it was intended as a satire obviously, and the things about it which became cliches 10 years later are only cliches because they're defining characteristics and all that

but there's more to it think, something fundamental about those kind of pad sounds and that safe scale, it's too tryhard or something
like i say i think on land is way more daring and interesting
>>
>>63633324
It is monotonous on purpose, it's made in order to encourage comunication and relax, and I think that it has a very original sound, lots of other ambient albums wouldn't be appropriate to be "music for airports"
>>
A winged victory for the sullen>Ambient 1
>>
>>63633440
Maby you're right, I find on land more daring too, but it was made for different reasons, music for airports and on land are really different, it's difficult for me to compare this 2 works, I really don't think they should be compared at all...
>>
>>63633273
has no compelling or interesting melodies, merely simplicity for the sake of it
>>
>>63633305
ENO IS THE GREATEST MUSIC ARTIST OF ALL TIME BUT HONESTLY AMBIENT 1 IS SHIT
>>
There are more all-caps rants in a thread about an ambient album than in any other thread in /mu/ right now.

Personally Ambient 1 is my favourite.
It's literally music for airports - the beauty and genius behind the album, for me, lies in this simplicity.
The music does what it sets out to do perfectly - it allows you to separate yourself from the hubbub of a constantly-moving society, allowing your mind to relax and your thoughts to flow with the repeated relaxing sounds.
Perhaps, given the anger within this thread about the opinions of others, a lot of you are struggling to do just that.
>>
>>63634531
yes yes very good but DM does this 10 times better in terms of the actual music
>>
>>63634650
YEAH WELL HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF AND EAT A DICK

sorry, had to get that out there, haven't had my daily fix of Music For Autism y'see
>>
>>63634669
nice
>>
>>63634531
It should be called Ambient 0: Music For Hospitals
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.