[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this album and its production style, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Rodeoalbum.jpg (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Rodeoalbum.jpg
11 KB, 220x220
What are your thoughts on this album and its production style, /mu/?
>>
This shit got me into hip hop
>>
>>63630808
It's like the patchy, gritty MBDTF of the trap era. I love it.
>>
>>63630842

Days Before Rodeo is still his best work overall though
>>
>>63630842
OP here. I just finished listening to it and I'm sort of conflicted about it. I love this atmospheric, ethereal hip-hop sound, yet the subject matter doesn't intrigue me enough to listen to it again. I found myself paying more attention to the instrumentation than Travis himself.
>>
i mean mike dean and metro boomin is the best shit right now so ya
>>
>>63630808
that beatshift on impossible around 0:50 is so fucking cool. to answer your question, op, this album was pretty good desu
>>
>>63630873
Honestly don't focus on his lyrics because there isn't much you won't catch the second time you didn't hear the first. Travis's weakest part of his music has always been his lyricism but he goes a bit deeper on several songs like Oh My/Dis Side,and 90210
>>
>>63630862
agreed
>>
I forgot to ask; Are there any other albums that sound like this?
>>
>>63630924
every trap album produced by metro boomin
>>
>>63630912
90210 was actually my favorite track upon first listen. I immediately felt the need to listen to it again.
>>
>>63630885
>metro boomin
yeah no
>>
>>63630932
or wondagurl
>>
>>63630924

I'd say listen to Lil Uzi Vert - Luv is Rage. His sound reminds me of a mix of Travis and Young Thug.
>>
>>63630937
loooool ok hipster contrarian guy. everyone who likes hip hop knows metro boomin is making the hottest shit out right now.
>>
it's dumb
>>
it's shit
>>
>>63630937
I really enjoy his production, but the fact that he threw some drums and his tag on Father Stretch My Hands, and got all credit is retarded. Especially because he now markets it bigtime.
>>
I wish Travis rapped more (he's got a good rapping voice), but he probably sucks lyrically.

Production, mood, and aesthetic are top notch. Wish the album was a bit more concise.
>>
>>63630937

>yeah no

Metro is a prodigy. Don't be this much of a fucking try hard.
>>
metro makes the same song over and over. he just bit off lex lugers entire style. hope metros career is as shit as lex in 4 years
>>
>>63631323

>hope metros career is as shit as lex in 4 years

lol lex never even made it to the level that metro is at this very moment.

are you lex anon no serious is this actually lex i'm talking to because only lex stans this hard for lex.
>>
File: 1458431293257.jpg (25 KB, 804x585) Image search: [Google]
1458431293257.jpg
25 KB, 804x585
>>63630808
>yfw you heard the 70s can-esque guitars on 90210 for the first time
>>
travis's target audience is kids who were too young to hear bricksquad in their prime
>>
bumps in the whip

>>63631444
na just white kids in general
>>
>>63631444

>he makes wrong generation posts in travis thread on /mu/

the median age on this board is 16 you try hard. you are sadder than they are for not accepting this, and this is coming from an oldfag.
>>
>>63630808
album of the year
>>
>>63630808
One of the best hip hop albums of last year but fuck that is one of the worst pieces of album art I have ever seen.
>>
My god, /mu/ has such shit taste in hip hop. Travis Scott? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>63632765
what is good hip hop then?
>>
>>63630912
>>63630934

yeah I don't how one cannot find the lyricism (even if not particularly erudite) on 90210 at least impressive. You shouldn't be able to put lyrics about soaking wet panties and heartfelt convos with your grandma in the same song and have it work tonally at all, but he did it somehow.

Essentially the whole theme of Life of Pablo (family/money&bitches dichotomy) distilled down better than Kanye himself in one song

I really like the album generally, even if there's more than one or two tracks I'm not crazy about, the best songs carry the weight
>>
>>63630862
I adore Rodeo but I could never really get into DBR other than The Prayer. Can you guys help me understand?
>>
>>63632905
We both know the answer to this
>>
>>63633054
have you listened to it?
>>
>>63632765
Sounds like someones a spiritual lyrical individual
>>
>>63633062
Yeah, mulitiple times, man. I just feels a too... sloppy? I feel like a lot of the things I like about it are done better on Rodeo.
>>
>>63633009
>lyrics about soaking wet panties and heartfelt convos with your grandma work "somehow"

nigga it's rap music.

and travis's songs would be 1000x better if his lyrics were able to live up to his instrumentals
>>
>>63633087

>sloppy

It's a mixtape, that's how it's supposed to sound. Listen to it again until you appreciate mamacita, sloppy toppy, quintana pt. 2, etc. etc. Only bad song on there is the 1975 one, it has a way better quality ratio than Rodeo.
>>
>>63633064
Not at all. Travis Scott is just fucking garbage. His discography is abysmal. He's an autist, just watch one of his interviews.
>>
>>63630808
kinda generic, too 'gangsta', bit boring
>>
piss on your grave is the greatest thing ever

nigga behave
>>
I love it. It's was modern and catchy and dark, diverse influences. Rapping was OK good delivery and voice, good content for a trap album.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.