[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Tribe Called Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ln5u0bTJZc1qf40aso1_500.jpg (54 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ln5u0bTJZc1qf40aso1_500.jpg
54 KB, 500x209
With the recent death of Phife Dawg how does /mu feel about A Tribe Called Quest?
>>
even more indifferent than I was before
>>
he was a good boi, din do nuffin wrong
>>
A group undeserving of praise and reward.

Like seriously, who listens to these hacks?
>>
Well i dont feel any different than i did before.
Tribe were instrumental in getting me out of the wrong generation phase and broadening my musical horizons but i grew out of them in recent years and aside from a nostalgia listen every now and then i basically no longer listen to them and Phifes death doesnt magically make me love the music again.
>>
File: 1456899510226.png (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456899510226.png
93 KB, 300x300
>>63629991
me
>>
he was the shittiest rapper

>>63629991
hey remember when freddie mercury died from homo buttsex? i mean you wouldn't have personally remembered it but you remember how it happened?
>>
>>63629863
Greatest hip hop group of all time
>>
>>63630180
would agree, one of the best.
>>
Pleb here

I want to get into ATCQ, so where do I start?
>>
>>63630199
either low end theory or midnight marauders, but you probably shouldn't go into one expecting the other.
>>
>>63630208
>you probably shouldn't go into one expecting the other
Not him, but what do you mean by this? Are these two LP so different?
>>
>>63630520
Low end is darker and kinda more unique but midnight marauders is a lot more refined but less unique
Both are 10/10 though
>>
Ah, the classic ATCQ song Georgie Porgie. Q-tip and phife-dawg seriously need to chill out with this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKcZb5LufE
>>
dont give a fuck never gave a fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxN4nKk2cfk

one of their best imo
>>
Shame that everyone suddenly seems to hate ATCQ here. /pol/ edginess i guess.
I couldn't get into them when I first heard them when I started browsing /mu/. Looking back on it, at the time, I couldn't just get into that kind of chilled out mood, there needed to be some sort of obvious "out there" quality in the music for me to like it at the time. Also their flows really haven't dated too well.
Maybe I've just gained an appreciation for beats and shit but I've been on a Tribe binge since Phife died and I remembered they existed. Their 4th album, Beats, Rhymes, and Life is underrated. I probably would have liked it more back when I first gave them a listen just for being more aggressive.

Yeah, they're pretty much the all-time greatest when it comes to easygoing music.
>>
>>63629863
Music wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
>>63629863
they made a straight up anti homosexual song, I don't like them.
>>
>>63630857
Yeah, they're pretty much the all-time greatest when it comes to easygoing music.
Agreed.

I have to be honest, I don't listen to them too much - their music usually bores me pretty fast, but whenever I play LET after a while I haven't listened to them it's too fun.
>>
>>63632475
Times were different back then, and I think they admitted that song was horrible recently.

You could say they're just covering their asses, but I like to believe they're decent people
>>
>>63630520
They are extremely similar in my opinion
>>
>>63632475
Who cares? You're going to hate an entire group because they made 1 song you disagree with? Are you a single-issue voter too?
>>
>>63630520

low end is all bass heavy, minimalist production (bass drums... thats really it)

midnight marauders is more layered, better song structures, also a concept album
>>
I used to listen to them as a kid, really cheesy but it is still great
>>
/mu/ is pathetic these days
i'm glad i've stopped coming here as much
>>
>>63636845
It's just /pol/ shitposting. Don't let it get to you. Tribe's music has brought positivity to the lives of millions, and still continues to do so today.
They won't be forgotten any time soon. :)
>>
>>63632475
that's ridiculous. rap is notoriously homophobic. you'd have to avoid most of the best rap to avoid that
>>
preferred The Roots crew instead
Q-Tip isn't very likeable
>>
>>63636845
same. i came back today for the first time in a while and i'm already about to get off ahaha
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.