[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about shuffling, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: shuffle.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
shuffle.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
How do you feel about shuffling, /mu/?
>>
probably about 70% of the time on my ipod

never at home thats fucking disgusting jesus
>>
Only when driving.
>>
Unlike the rest of the civilized world this shit holes believes in musical celibacy.
>>
there's nothing "pleb" about it
>>
>>63630689
promiscuity =/= rats nest cluster fuck
>>
You gotta be in the right mood and environment to be able to listen through an entire album. When I dont have that, which is usually whenever I'm not at home, I'll tend to shuffle through stuff.
>>
It makes for a fun, disorienting experience. For general listening, definitely no.

I use it on playlists a lot, but I'm assuming that's implied.
>>
>not choosing an album to listen to and sticking with your decision
What kind of barbarians do this?
>>
File: image.png (687 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
687 KB, 640x1136
>>63629639
Love it. That's when I get time to explore Swans' discography.
>>
>>63630732
maybe but there's still a world of difference between browsing and shuffling
>>
if it's a playlist of stuff I've heard before shuffling is fine. but

>hearing a track for the first time outside of the context of the album
what the fuck????
>>
>>63630751
oh good point that can be a nice way to use shuffle
>>
>>63629639
I'm usually on shuffle, I've got a bunch of playlists with a lot of songs from different genres so I get my general mood playlist going and let shuffle do the work!
Sometimes you just know what you want to listen to though, just press play.
>>
>>63629639
the sign of a good playlist is the ability to shuffle through it without you skipping many songs
>>
I shuffle when i don't know what to listen to. Eventually something comes on and that leads me to an album I want to listen to.
>>
>>63630783
This
>>
>>63629671
i do the opposite since i have to take two perfectly album-length bus rides per day
>>
>>63630783

That's what I normally do as well, since I got plenty of albums on my computer/audio player I am unsure what should I play. I skip tracks if I feel the mood isn't right
>>
>>63629671
>>63630783
these
>>
Every time I'm in the mood for music, I'm in the mood for just concentrating on an album. So that's pretty much the only way I listen.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.