[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw most of us will probably never make a musical album that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1458212236195.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1458212236195.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
>tfw most of us will probably never make a musical album that other people will be interested in and/or receive widespread acclaim.
>>
>>63625932
I have this feel every day and every time I listen to my music

All I can say is, there's always the option of making free improv and tricking people into thinking it's good
>>
most of us won't even try
>>
>>63625966
show me ur music. i'll tell you how to improve. you'll be one step closer
>>
>>63625968
>>63625966
I always feel like successful musicians who've essentially made it on their own are kinda like entrepreneurs. They craft their musical talent, find a popular genre that will be lucrative enough and then they can decide how pretentious they want to be from pop rap/rock all the way to art rock or something. Even though it says art rock, it's still popular enough to make money and such
>>
>>63625966
Free improvisation is incredible though
>>
>>63626062
I know bud I'm kidding
I'm listening to Derek Bailey rn, in fact

>>63625988
https://soundcloud.com/abelian-1/terrapin-intergalatic

Latest track
You can skip about a minute in if you dislike long intros

>>63626028
I agree to an extent, it's all about selling the idea that you fulfill a niche that no one else does. While many musicians do exploit the lack of public knowledge in certain areas for this tactic, it's just a fact that all successful musicians have found an image which suits them and exposes them to the widest possible audience. That's honestly what most (including me) struggle with, not the music aspect itself (although it certainly helps to make good stuff).
>>
>>63626127

I really like the drums. The vinyl crackle in the background really adds a lot. I also like the creshendo with the synths and the guitar chords.

Although the beginning chords sound really pretty, the fact that the guitar is a little out of tune really adds this sense of something sad way underneath which I really like.

Keep it up! I want to hear more soon!

PS: As I'm writing this I hear the sax and the harmonica which I also really like
>>
>>63626127
Yeah I've been thinking a lot about the image and music of any popular musicians. Like The Weeknd has the depressed druggie sexy type crowd and of course a lot of other popular musicans follow that but Abel is just really extreme.

Maybe other projects like Godspeed you black or something are legitimately talented but also fill up a niche of the art rock post rock crowd. Sometimes I feel like in music being legitimately talented is not enough as you'll also need some sort of aesthetic or image to really get yourself out there
>>
>>63626127
i like it. guitar and harp is kinda out of tune doe lel
reminds me of aphex and boards of canada
>>
>>63626127
Holy Shit your stuff's pretty nice.
>>
>>63626127
> Terrapin Intergalactic (Instrumental Version)

theres a version with vocals? kewl track
>>
>>63626292
I'm aware of that, this is just a demo I intend to re-record (which will be the "vocal" version)

>>63626259
I mean, however many stimuli you have to engage an audience the better. Jandek wouldn't be nearly as good without his album covers and general manner, but that's not to pejorate his musical skill, it's just that the aesthetic and music go hand in hand

>>63626212
Thanks dude!
Btw, I see ELPU rec you in threads all the time. I'll listen to your stuff sometime
>>
>>63626464

np :)

He and I are good friends
>>
I just arranged this Yes song off of the Fragile album as a tribute to the late Chris Squire.

Can anybody maybe give some feedback?

https://soundcloud.com/nub-scrub/the-fish-for-chris-squire
>>
>>63626444
Gonna be released soon (with some other edits and mixing fixes)

>>63626945
Great!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.